Official Gus on Twitter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how many salary cap experts there are on the Kennel.

Keon is a gun but we have already have one edge backrower on $800k. No way in the world we can drop another $800k-$900k on another edge backrower. We need middles and halves.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Keon is a gun but we have already have one edge backrower on $800k. No way in the world we can drop another $800k-$900k on another edge backrower. We need middles and halves.
Think it’s with intention he becomes a middle. Gus has said this I believe. Though yeh see what happens.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

It's pretty obvious if we sign Kolo it's to play middle, probably lock instead of straight prop. There will be other prop signings too you'd imagine. He's a really obvious target for us which is why his name is thrown around.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The **** should be wrestling players lol

But seriously, he is a pompous arrogant **** but he works for us so give the **** a break...
Seriously speaking, we definitely needed someone like him, someone that knows what he is doing and could reconnect us to the grass roots of the game, someone who truly believes in our cause and is prepared to face all adversaries including News Crap un-Ltd...
The rebuild was always going to be difficult, it got worse when we decided to go anti gambling !!!
I'm done with Yes men/women aren't you ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The media haven't even linked us to him, that's a little concerning
I find it comforting, I think Gus has fed the media a whole lot of shit to keep them busy while he’s doing the real deals, we’ve been linked to so many players who are supposedly signed sealed and delivered yet nothing has been made official by the club.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will join us no doubt. Why would he go to the Roosters or Raiders?

1. Grew up in the Canterbury area
2. Was a huge bulldogs fan when younger
3. His sister is in our tarsha gale team as you stated
I can think of a few

1. Likely to play finals footy at roosters/raiders. No chance with us
2. Likely to retain nsw spot playing with roosters/raiders and the extra 150k+ purse associated with this. Less likely with us
3. Likely to be a better chance of higher honours eg Austealia playing with roosters/raiders. Less likely with us
4. Because of All of the above, next contract gonna be even fatter
5. Playing on edge at roosters/raiders is a better gig than getting thrown into middle with us

Hes worth 700k tops. Our only hope is if we pay 850-1M(which we probably will cos were fucked and desperate)

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can think of a few

2. Likely to retain nsw spot playing with roosters/raiders and the extra 150k+ purse associated with this. Less likely with us
3. Likely to be a better chance of higher honours eg Austealia playing with roosters/raiders. Less likely with us
5. Playing on edge at roosters/raiders is a better gig than getting thrown into middle with us

Hes worth 700k tops. Our only hope is if we pay 850-1M(which we probably will cos were fucked and desperate)
I always look forward to your inspiring words in support of our club

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can think of a few

Another 'Tell me you are not a Dogs supporter without telling me you are not a Dogs supporter!' post.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can think of a few

I think we're a chance of making finals if we sign a marquee half and 2 marquee middles (maybe a big if). I think that's what the club will be trying to sell to Kolo + the bag, ~900k. We're very desperate and only a few marquees left.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can think of a few

And he will get $850,000 to a million at the Roosters, just not 'officially'.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus has publicly come out and said he sees Keon's future at Prop in the similar mold to AFB.

Looks like Keon is certainly still sniffing around for the best coin.... & he was a big Bulldog fan as he declared not long ago.
Has he played much middle in the NRL ?

Big risk to pay $850k for an unproven middle