Official Gus on Twitter

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Boot camp won’t do shit without some fkn cattle. We need a 7 and some middles. Boot camp ain’t gunna do shit. Fkn sick of other team supporters offering advice. Your team has a star studded list. We have some massey level players playing first grade
We aren't trying to buy a premiership. Most of our players are from within. That's why they are star studded. :tearsofjoy:

We got ARey to give some mentoring to the younger players. Have no idea if the Dogs tried to get him.

You get Fkn sick of other team supporters offering advice, yet your team signs an assistant coach from another team to be your head coach. OKAY.

At least my advice is free.

Last edited:

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boot camp won’t do shit without some fkn cattle. We need a 7 and some middles. Boot camp ain’t gunna do shit. Fkn sick of other team supporters offering advice. Your team has a star studded list. We have some massey level players playing first grade
You wouldn't see half those in Massey either at some clubs!

But yes, I agree with you. The huge hole in the roster is the middle. I've said this all year. Until that is addressed, it's going to be the same shit.

I hope Gus has some more signings for next year.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes indeed & we all thought he meant experienced NRL head coach. Well then, Gus tried to spin that CC was an experienced coach (at any level) to justify his selection. I recall plenty of apprehension on TK, when we heard CC was the man. “Oh well Gus knows what he is doing……..”. Many thought Flanagan senior was the right pick. Seems this was right. Missed that boat…... What a mess. The Dogs are too big a job for inexperienced/promising head coaches at the mo. Wotta mess!!![emoji30]
Didn’t Gus say the same thing in regards to Baz yet signs a legit rookie coach in Ciraldo to overhaul the club.
Flanno sr should have been the obvious choice.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mahony should be made to go and have a chat with this poor bastard, these are the fans you are privileged to represent you little cahunt.
The whole playing group should go and visit if they want the players to realise and buy into what it means to be a Bulldog.....or what it did mean 20 years ago.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't give a shit whether you believe me or not, it's mainly the players fault.

It can't be the coaches fault the past 10 old years.

The players are running the club, you get rid of a few, sign players & they are recruited to the running of the show.

In the off season they should do a boot camp to build a cohesive team etc.

Just a thought.
TPJ was a bad signing, not a “Bulldog” signing by tradition… When Burton and Hynes were both available, we went for the Panther because of TBaz…Kiks was a good signing, but as luck would have it, played only 3 or 4 games…

To your point, yesterday:
-Burton was flat out terrible, adding he had a shocker with the boot.
-Kiraz missed a few critical tackles leading to tries
-Rajab didn’t grab his opportunity, really struggled in defence.
-TPJ 4 hit ups in 35mins (WTF!!!)
-Okunbur 2 hit ups in 80mins (WTF!!!)
-Our backline made 9 errors combined
-Our forwards missed 44 tackles combined (NSW cup standard).

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was the culmination of alot of poor things currently involved with our playing group.

1) We are trying to manufacture a 5/8th out of a player who can't ball play
2) Our FB is playing like he is a FB from the 70's. He is not a modern day FB.
3) We have become 1 dimensional and solely dependent on the kick to score points. The minute it fails to provide a return, it brings our defensive woes to the fore
4) Our players are the worst coached defensive players in the game
5) We have the lowest footy IQ in the game
6) We have a loser mentality
7) We have an ill conceived idea that we need to unearth the next superstars especially in the spine positions....

I wish Gus and CC focused on the above points, spent the next 6 months genuinely trying to address them and come back with a plan for next year.

It's disappointing this process didn't already happen last year.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole playing group should go and visit if they want the players to realise and buy into what it means to be a Bulldog.....or what it did mean 20 years ago.
That’s the problem.Trying to replicate something that’s gone.We need to realise that and begin to forge a new culture.

Maybe that’s built on defense.Maybe it’s built on attack.Maybe it’s built on the wrestle who the fuck knows.But we have to move forward instead of looking back otherwise we’ll be lost for the next 20 years.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry but I watched the same game Rajab was singled out all first half because his inside man was a good 3m away and Alamonti was a good 4 away. Seriously I am pissed off too but there was no chance any half in the competition could have stopped those tries with the help he got. He needs like every other team an enforcer on his shoulder to make a group tackle. Him getting pulled was unfair as his supporting 2nd row and Centre were no where to be seen to help on the line.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but I watched the same game Rajab was singled out all first half because his inside man was a good 3m away and Alamonti was a good 4 away. Seriously I am pissed off too but there was no chance any half in the competition could have stopped those tries with the help he got. He needs like every other team an enforcer on his shoulder to make a group tackle. Him getting pulled was unfair as his supporting 2nd row and Centre were no where to be seen to help on the line.
Agree he didn’t get much help, but his 1-1 defence is not yet @NRL standard…hopefully he works on it because he’s capable. KO at 18yo a much better 1-1 defender, but he’s struggling to execute in attack.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TPJ was a bad signing, not a “Bulldog” signing by tradition… When Burton and Hynes were both available, we went for the Panther because of TBaz…Kiks was a good signing, but as luck would have it, played only 3 or 4 games…

To your point, yesterday:
-Burton was flat out terrible, adding he had a shocker with the boot.
-Kiraz missed a few critical tackles leading to tries
-Rajab didn’t grab his opportunity, really struggled in defence.
-TPJ 4 hit ups in 35mins (WTF!!!)
-Okunbur 2 hit ups in 80mins (WTF!!!)
-Our backline made 9 errors combined
-Our forwards missed 44 tackles combined (NSW cup standard).
Agree with all you said except for one issue - I don't think 44 tackles missed by forwards should be acceptable in NSW Cup.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Their???? Our?????

Fucking putrid from Gus. We almost cucked that tigers game at belmore btw
We fluked Melbourne and we've done nothing since but 2 point wins against dragons and titans all garbage
He still hasn't used "us/our" till this day IIRC

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Uve done enough flip flopping, back flipping on your shit takes etc already to know u cant be taken seriously. Ur a meme to me at this point
And how am I "backflipping" (great choice of words by the way there flipperboy)
I'm frustrated at the state of the club yes it's true. But I'm not going to go all scorched earth and go on about how everyone should be sacked and offer no solution on how to get out of this plight.
The reality is we're stuck with ciraldo for five years whether you like it or not, as fans all we can do is stick solid and hope things change for the better albeit being annoyed by how the club operates at times.

And talking about me, how about you. All you do is mock, ridicule and offer nothing but shit to this forum, and you can't even spell correctly.

You're an absolute joke and you should fobb off to the dolphins forum for good.