Official Gus on Twitter

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the more confusion is based around if his head knock was this bad we would be receiving some updates and he wouldn’t be in full contact training.

Ponga received numerous head knocks that where quiet obvious in game (just because Thompsons wasn’t doesn’t make it any less serious) though full contact training is certainly a no go if your not cleared by the dr. As I said I’ve boxed for years mate and I know my fair share on headknocks.

The biggest frustration for the fans is his simply overpaid and not delivered at all on his deal for the current length. Paid to be the best prop in the game with haas type $ and not even the best 2 props at our club (Vaughan and king out preformed him Comfortably for Me and most id assume and that’s without the argument of what is tpj?)

Regardless if his head issues where still a major concern he isn’t in full contact training. No chance. So that’s clearly passed or people who said he is in full contact are simply incorrect)
I agree with a lot of that mate and my comment wasn’t directed at you but people need to understand this is a concussion.
It’s not like a broken leg where a weekly update might be, out of plaster, walking on treadmill for example. We aren’t going to see his CT scans. It may be that he’s still suffering headaches etc.

As you’d know from boxing, sometimes the innocuous hits to the head affect you much more than the big dramatic knockouts fans pay their $50 to see. Gus plays games but I don’t see Luke flat out lying or milking this.

I can understand people are confused but to insult the bloke and question his heart is a bit fucked.

If he didn’t want to play for us anymore and wanted to play in the U.K he wouldn’t be “faking” concussion which would reduce his future earning capacity dramatically.

He would’ve just stayed there and negotiated a release, not travel around with the team and train here

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of that mate and my comment wasn’t directed at you but people need to understand this is a concussion.
It’s not like a broken leg where a weekly update might be, out of plaster, walking on treadmill for example. We aren’t going to see his CT scans. It may be that he’s still suffering headaches etc.

As you’d know from boxing, sometimes the innocuous hits to the head affect you much more than the big dramatic knockouts fans pay their $50 to see. Gus plays games but I don’t see Luke flat out lying or milking this.

I can understand people are confused but to insult the bloke and question his heart is a bit fucked.

If he didn’t want to play for us anymore and wanted to play in the U.K he wouldn’t be “faking” concussion which would reduce his future earning capacity dramatically.

He would’ve just stayed there and negotiated a release, not travel around with the team and train here
I agree with all that 100% mate and your spot on with concussions, not all concussions are something that drops you cold so it’s hard to judge his issue there.

The big thing for me though that doesn’t explain the full contact training. Which if true really throws this out a bit.

It’s either false and he’s not cleared for contract training or he is and perhaps he’s just not mentally prepared with shit at home and I could understand that but as I said If that’s the case I’d rather he stayed home if things are that bad to work through stuff. He would be tormenting himself if it is and he doesn’t want to take the field.

Though who the fuck knows. He’s clearly a fit lad so it can’t be fitness.

I already disagreed with people calling him a shit human (shit signing sure unfortunately) and soft as he’s clearly not soft.

Don’t know what’s happening but I think we all agree though he’s simply just not been close to return for $. Just simply hasn’t worked for numerous reasons and some aren’t his fault.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all that 100% mate and your spot on with concussions, not all concussions are something that drops you cold so it’s hard to judge his issue there.

The big thing for me though that doesn’t explain the full contact training. Which if true really throws this out a bit.

It’s either false and he’s not cleared for contract training or he is and perhaps he’s just not mentally prepared with shit at home and I could understand that but as I said If that’s the case I’d rather he stayed home if things are that bad to work through stuff. He would be tormenting himself if it is and he doesn’t want to take the field.

I already disagreed with people calling him a shit human (shit signing sure unfortunately) and soft as he’s clearly not soft.

Don’t know what’s happening but I think we all agree though he’s simply just not been close to return for $. Just simply hasn’t worked for numerous reasons and some aren’t his fault.
Perhaps those HIA protocols should need to be passed before certain people post on here.

Might get a bit quiet though …

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Very true. I’m not sure about training. Maybe someone here has watched recently?