Official Gus on Twitter

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you cop a yellow card for a fowl on a pitch invader lol.
That and it was a shoulder barge, thought that was legal in soccer or soccer gone soft like league.

wait..............dont answer that:tearsofjoy:
Should've been a red in all honesty. Other examples of that happening I seem to remember it always being a red?

Still though. NOthing better than seeing her do that

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Naden as one of our centres. Not so keen of the talk of putting him on the wing just yet to accommodate inexperienced players just for the sake of it.
I see him and JAC being lethal on the left with their speed and flamboyance.On the right maybe Shoupp/Alomoti and wingers Cotric(if he's still with us) or the Fijian guy if he kicks on to provide a more power dynamic.
Whatever happens,I'm pumped in anticipation for next year.
Okunbor, Allan, Burns, Lumelume.

I suspect they might run with a combination of:

Half: Averillo
Second Rower: RFM/Jackson/Doorey
Centre: Burns
Winger: Lumelume / Okunbor / Allan.

If they want to keep the Souths combination of the past Burns & Allan, if they want pace then Burns and Lumelume, if they want power then Burns and Okunbor.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

If they want to keep the Souths combination of the past Burns & Allan, if they want pace then Burns and Lumelume, if they want power then Burns and Okunbor.
All I want from our wing combination is to see Allan on the tools, and any other competent pairing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

I’d say schooup and naden are centre’s.

Maybe if burns forces a centre spot naden goes to wing though I can’t see it

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We have options in the centres...
Can you imagine if Averillo improves his defense, he as well can be a great option.
In the halves I could only see him successful playing as a second five eight, Burton on the left and him on the right but only when Mahoney is at hooker !!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say schooup and naden are centre’s.

Maybe if burns forces a centre spot naden goes to wing though I can’t see it
Burns and Allen were one of Souths edges in recent times. Burns (Centre) and Allen (Wing).

Schoupp is unlikely to be fit to start the season. Alamoti is another option, but the club aren't rushing him.

The reality is Cotric is surplus. Sure I'd like to see him stay, but if that means we are unable to make a play for someone in a position we need, so be it. Plus we don't know if the toe injury is something that might be likely to reoccur.

IF Raiders are willing to take on the majority of his contract, that's great. Remember we still have Burton to upgrade if he fires.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burns and Allen were one of Souths edges in recent times. Burns (Centre) and Allen (Wing).

Schoupp is unlikely to be fit to start the season. Alamoti is another option, but the club aren't rushing him.

The reality is Cotric is surplus. Sure I'd like to see him stay, but if that means we are unable to make a play for someone in a position we need, so be it. Plus we don't know if the toe injury is something that might be likely to reoccur.

IF Raiders are willing to take on the majority of his contract, that's great. Remember we still have Burton to upgrade if he fires.
I've read Schoupp on track for trials.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read Schoupp on track for trials.
Good stuff. Nice to finally have options at the Dogs, as our depth really hurt us last year (having the worst first grade side, and worse for depth).

I keep forgetting Tui Katoa is also in the backs (albeit unlikely to play this year due to health problems, and possibly not at all in future).