Official Gus on Twitter

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Allan should be NSW cup fullback. Declan Casey Mounties? JAC and Averillo should both be in front of Allan if Dufty fails imo.
How does Casey go?

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan should be NSW cup fullback. Declan Casey Mounties? JAC and Averillo should both be in front of Allan if Dufty fails imo.
Ask yourself this would Averillo and JAC ever be mentioned as a origin FB ? Even if half the comp is out injured they wouldn’t. Allan isn’t as bad as you all are making out to be. I rate him higher than Dufty at Fb. He is the best FB at the club

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ask yourself this would Averillo and JAC ever be mentioned as a origin FB ? Even if half the comp is out injured they wouldn’t. Allan isn’t as bad as you all are making out to be. I rate him higher than Dufty at Fb. He is the best FB at the club
Is an option didn't get much of a go in a team that was getting pumped week after week early on.
Averillo chucked in there "blind" would not be a great idea.
JAC could definitely work he would be one of the main options if Mutt's BFF doesn't work out..though most of the rest of us ideally hope he does.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There was literally no one else for QLD to pick, all of their fullback options were injured besides Holmes who was terribly out of form (and still is). QLD don't have a luxury of players to pick from. Going off this year I personally don't rate Allan at all and he's a player we need to move on asap (different story if he was on minimum wage, he's not). He literally offered nothing at fullback this year to the point where it looked like he didn't want to get involved which to me tells me he's a passenger and has a mentality/ability problem. Also if JAC was a QLD'er I guarantee he'd be picked over Allan for fullback if they were that desperate due to injuries... I also don't rate Dufty when comparing him to the other fullbacks in the NRL.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There was literally no one else for QLD to pick, all of their fullback options were injured besides Holmes who was terribly out of form (and still is). QLD don't have a luxury of players to pick from. Going off this year I personally don't rate Allan at all and he's a player we need to move on asap (different story if he was on minimum wage, he's not). He literally offered nothing at fullback this year to the point where it looked like he didn't want to get involved which to me tells me he's a passenger and has a mentality/ability problem. Also if JAC was a QLD'er I guarantee he'd be picked over Allan for fullback if they were that desperate due to injuries... I also don't rate Dufty when comparing him to the other fullbacks in the NRL.
The Wabbits, including Bennett rated Allen very highly and didn't want to lose him but they knew with Latrine in place that he had nowhere to go. If he had still been at the Wabbits, replacing Latrine when he was suspended, they may well have won the GF. The Qld SOO selectors rated him highly enough to pick him for SOO, we can debate all day about who was and who wasn't available but the fact is they picked him, end of story. FFS if he had any "mentality/ability problems" do you really think Bennett would have picked him as the Wabbit's fullback?

I believe that rating players based on last season is fraught with danger, it's just too easy to say "we finished last so everyone must be shit". That's bullshit, particularly the players in their first year with us. FMD it's hard enough changing clubs, with different teammates and different coaching staff, to have a good first season let alone when the club has 50% of its team not up to first grade standard. Even quality players will look like shit in those circumstances.

As for Dufty, who the fark knows, him and Griffin had a head butting session for the whole season. Even when Dufty had a stand out game Griffin still gave him a hard time in front of his teammates.. No praise when the player deserves it and day after day of piling shit on them in public is enough to put any player off their game.

Personally, I am prepared to give them both a decent chance, which I think all of the players deserve.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Wabbits, including Bennett rated Allen very highly and didn't want to lose him but they knew with Latrine in place that he had nowhere to go. If he had still been at the Wabbits, replacing Latrine when he was suspended, they may well have won the GF. The Qld SOO selectors rated him highly enough to pick him for SOO, we can debate all day about who was and who wasn't available but the fact is they picked him, end of story. FFS if he had any "mentality/ability problems" do you really think Bennett would have picked him as the Wabbit's fullback?

I believe that rating players based on last season is fraught with danger, it's just too easy to say "we finished last so everyone must be shit". That's bullshit, particularly the players in their first year with us. FMD it's hard enough changing clubs, with different teammates and different coaching staff, to have a good first season let alone when the club has 50% of its team not up to first grade standard. Even quality players will look like shit in those circumstances.

As for Dufty, who the fark knows, him and Griffin had a head butting session for the whole season. Even when Dufty had a stand out game Griffin still gave him a hard time in front of his teammates.. No praise when the player deserves it and day after day of piling shit on them in public is enough to put any player off their game.

Personally, I am prepared to give them both a decent chance, which I think all of the players deserve.

Always a Bulldog
well said turbo. i think Dufy will carve it up in our structure tho and especially if can feed of TPJ second phase play. Im not sure Allan has the pace for fullback tho.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I can compare Allan to other players in our roster that looked better/good. If Bennett rates him so highly why hasn't he signed him for the Dolphins (I pray he does). With Dufty he's a good attacking player but even ignoring all his weaknesses in defence and effort he still isn't a top 8 fullback (when you include them he's towards the bottom 16 somewhere). We've signed Dufty now so he deserves a chance (obviously) and all we can do now is hope (not what you base an opinion of a player on). Back to Allan (and my opinion on Dufty I guess) I say this every time I'd love to be proven wrong but I can only go off what I see and Allan was almost the same amount of problem that Flanagan was/is (neither Flanagan or Allan deserve a chance before other players imo, the only reason why they'll ever play is because they're on too much money and we're trying to shop them).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well said turbo. i think Dufy will carve it up in our structure tho and especially if can feed of TPJ second phase play. Im not sure Allan has the pace for fullback tho.
Personally I wasn’t over the moon about the Dufty signing but I can see him scoring some tries next year. As you said if he goes looking for the ball he might do quite well

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can compare Allan to other players in our roster that looked better/good. If Bennett rates him so highly why hasn't he signed him for the Dolphins (I pray he does).
Because he is signed with us for 2 more years and Bennett is officially not allowed to talk to him. Maybe he has talked him unofficially, how the fark would we know. Has there been some official announcement from us that Allen is free to negotiate with other clubs or did I miss it? Has there been anything at all from us about not wanting him, again I must have missed it? All I have seen is bullshit on social media (nothing unusual there) about maybe, possibly, could be, not wanting him. If we didn't want him why did we send him as our representative (with Burns) to to assist at the selection trials in Tamworth, doesn't sound logical to me.

With Dufty he's a good attacking player but even ignoring all his weaknesses in defence and effort he still isn't a top 8 fullback (when you include them he's towards the bottom 16 somewhere). We've signed Dufty now so he deserves a chance (obviously) and all we can do now is hope (not what you base an opinion of a player on).
That's fair, give the players a chance, last season is just history after all.

Back to Allan (and my opinion on Dufty I guess) I say this every time I'd love to be proven wrong but I can only go off what I see and Allan was almost the same amount of problem that Flanagan was/is.
Just like judging players unfairly on last season, grouping them as if there is some commonalty is pretty naïve. They are individuals, playing in totally different positions and should be judged that way.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah and that's a fair concern as well.

Who's in line to take the Mounties and Bulldogs NSW Cup Fullback slots in 22?

JAC probably gets first crack at replacing Dufty?
Allan I guess though JAC and maybe Naden might be ahead..we don't have many options. JAC would probably be safest at the back, I think he's smart enough to handle it. Not sure about attack though

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because he is signed with us for 2 more years and Bennett is officially not allowed to talk to him. Maybe he has talked him unofficially, how the fark would we know. Has there been some official announcement from us that Allen is free to negotiate with other clubs or did I miss it? Has there been anything at all from us about not wanting him, again I must have missed it? All I have seen is bullshit on social media (nothing unusual there) about maybe, possibly, could be, not wanting him. If we didn't want him why did we send him as our representative (with Burns) to to assist at the selection trials in Tamworth, doesn't sound logical to me.

That's fair, give the players a chance, last season is just history after all.

Just like judging players unfairly on last season, grouping them as if there is some commonalty is pretty naïve. They are individuals, playing in totally different positions and should be judged that way.

Always a Bulldog
I'm of the belief we're trying to shop him around therefore other clubs are allowed to talk with Allan/his manger even tho he has 2 years to run on his contract. Any player on ~400k playing NSW Cup is being shopped around. Allan looks like a good person that wants to get involved with out of footy things but that's irrelevant to what he is on the field.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Once a Bulldog…

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
full back position will be of great interest to everybody, im sure that Gus the club and Barrett have a plan which will unveil. The 22 spine will reveal a lot about what we need in 23. 'It's a climbing year with lot of wildcard possibilities.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t agree, now that Dufty is here we should all back him and he can be a gun fullback on his day. Dufty has everything that people go on about with averelo. Plus Dufty is a ready made fullback
Very happy if it works out. Just want to see as many juniors in the team as possible :grinning: