Gus on Six Tackles with Gus regarding Bulldogs recruitment and development

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm.. JWH at 31...is he off contract for 2021?
Not that we need another forward, but at the right price for 2 years to exploit his experience and mongrel could be a valuable addition.
Roosters would be happy to offload him anyway as they don't need him but he would be handy for us.
He's contracted to the Chooks until 2023, new 3 year contract signed 6 months ago. That will be ~13 seasons playing with them, for some reason I suspect that the Rooster wouldn't "be happy offloading him".

"Rival clubs can save their breath in asking for Roosters enforcer Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, according to coach Trent Robinson. The back-to-back premiership coach says Waerea-Hargreaves will see out the final year of his deal at Easts, with the 30-year-old an important part of their make-up. Jared isn’t going anywhere”

Go Dogs

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grants good games have him in the convo for origin. Lichaas is nothing in comparison.
Lol so was Lichaa early on in his career. Talk about potential origin.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mike I don’t know
Spoke to the father on tues night and he was shattered
They’re actual bulldog fans the entire family
Maybe they have a hooker lined up or signed
But I doubt it
how many times have I said the club neglects Lebanese youth.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try at avoiding the question, you did say "minimums", the NRL minimum is $110k, is JWH on that minimum or some other minimum?

Go Dogs
You avoid just about every post that comes your way, bit rich coming from you nancy

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like I mentioned last year all this crapola about our juniors and what accountability exists that something is being done other than club propaganda.
I think Danny is only 16-17 so they are probably looking at him for when Hodgson moves on.

The club has been pretty clear about becoming a development club and they should be locking up the talent before offers can come in.

Maybe the powers that be simply don't rate the kid which would be rather strange as he has looked promising and defiantly worth keeping at the club considering his position.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate the roosters but Cordner, Friend, Radley, Manu, Verrills, Tupouniua are all juniors. JWH came early in his career, Keary and Flanagan bought on potential...there probs heaps more. they are smart ad forward thinking.
Wrong mate none of them are LOCAL juniors
Cordner is a Knights junior
JWH is a Manly junior/ New Zealander
Keary is a Souths junior
Flanagan is a Cronulla junior
Friend is from Queensland
Manu is a New Zealander

My point was based on Local junior base so wrong on all counts. Yes they recruit well from a young age but none can be counted as local juniors.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus the oracle Gould, thinks he knows everything about rugby league... waits for teams to get into attacking zones to unleash the comment “I can feel a try coming on”... no shit Sherlock.

Roosters and junior nursery just don’t belong in the same sentence. They basically buy the best available talent going around and that’s normally in another postcode.

The bulldogs need to look at a mix of emerging talent around the 300-400k range, throw a couple of bones (500-600k) to one or two of the better pool of emerging stars, two proven guns at 800k-1.2m and a couple solid experienced heads.

A mixture of youth and experience has always been key to a good roster..

The problem we have is no one knows who Pay is.. he’s got no profile and there’s no sign of him having the ability to improve the games of the players

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice try at avoiding the question, you did say "minimums", the NRL minimum is $110k, is JWH on that minimum or some other minimum?

Go Dogs
He’s on a decent amount but it’s not Napa money- there’s the issue...and one is a 200 times better player. We’ve literally paid more money for a worse player! Defies logic

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Look who's talking, I called you out 3 times and you ignored it.

Hypocrite.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the dogs have identified averillo who has talent and is signed to end of next year so I think it’s why Harper is leaving

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only place they can go buy the players is from other clubs. Which is going to weaken them and it's going to weaken themselves in the long run because they're going to have to pay more to do it (overs).

If you're solely based on recruitment, you will eventually end up in salary cap problems.

I find this statement funny as fuck because of a few reasons...

1. He is applying this theory to the Bulldogs which have a fairly decent juniors development base, however, he hasn’t thought about what he’s saying before he said it because if he did he would know that this statement applies to the Roosters more than any other side.

2. The Roosters have an almost non existant junior base so in actual fact the Roosters depend solely based on recruitment!

3. Knowing this, does this weaken their roster and give them salary cap problems?

Answer: No, they won two consecutive premierships solely because of salary cap rorting plain and simple.
We have an enormous area and loads of clubs where we develop from - https://www.centralcoastrugbyleague.com.au/2014-08-14-00-30-42/central-coast-roosters

All our "local" clubs were stolen by the vermin back in the 50's.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been telling ppl this.
If you have a talented son and roosters, sharks and dogs chasing him, would you send him to belmore? No wonder we only get country kids and kiwis. Cos their parents dont know about sydney suburbs. Lol
Wtf does that have to do with anything you train there and go home ? Majority of the Dogs players past and present lived in the shire who says you have to live in C-B area ? Idiots

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Look who's talking, I called you out 3 times and you ignored it.
Hypocrite.
Maybe I simply didn't see them, your posts are quite repetitive and as a result they are rather boring. Which is quite different from responding with a deliberate "look over there" post.

Please feel free to have another go if you like, I promise if I see them and they are worthy then I'll respond.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe I simply didn't see them, your posts are quite repetitive and as a result they are rather boring. Which is quite different from responding with a deliberate "look over there" post.

Please feel free to have another go if you like, I promise if I see them and they are worthy then I'll respond.

Go Dogs
Blah blah blah keep talking shit, you excel in that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score