Reaction score
Wrong mate none of them are LOCAL juniors
Cordner is a Knights junior
JWH is a Manly junior/ New Zealander
Keary is a Souths junior
Flanagan is a Cronulla junior
Friend is from Queensland
Manu is a New Zealander

My point was based on Local junior base so wrong on all counts. Yes they recruit well from a young age but none can be counted as local juniors.
I thought Keary won a premiership with Souths? I’d say he was at least second tier at the time they purchased him..

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have an enormous area and loads of clubs where we develop from - https://www.centralcoastrugbyleague.com.au/2014-08-14-00-30-42/central-coast-roosters

All our "local" clubs were stolen by the vermin back in the 50's.
How on Earth is the Central Coast a part of the SYDNEY Roosters LOCAL junior area??? I think they’ve been putting a little bit more than just caffiene in your latte’s out Bondi way if you realistically think that Gosford is a local area lol

The only vermin that steal other clubs premium talent has a beak and combs on their heads my friend.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How on Earth is the Central Coast a part of the SYDNEY Roosters LOCAL junior area??? I think they’ve been putting a little bit more than just caffiene in your latte’s out Bondi way if you realistically think that Gosford is a local area lol

The only vermin that steal other clubs premium talent has a beak and combs on their heads my friend.
If your players could side step an opponent the way you side stepped my point, you blokes might be in the 8.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Therizinosaurus.jpg

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's a big call mate ... It was costing Wyong Roos a shit load of money for their partnership with you guys hence why they pulled the pin. Roosters used up Newtown, Wyong and now it's the Bears turn.
Granted some mistakes were made with Wyong and Newtown, but it hasn't stopped us trying to develop and an area of our own. We've now got Rick Stone, ex Newcastle coach, as our coaching and pathways coordinator up on the Central Coast. I understand many won't be happy unless we collapse back into the Transit Lounge days, but that simply won't happen so you'd better get used to it.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
none of those are new markets, literally the standard tapped out markets.

We need to look at england, france and the nfl. England have a big nursery, France have an underdeveloped one with growth potential and the nfl discard playerds who are 110 kilods and run the hundfred in 11 flat every year.
What about Lebanon?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des neglected the juniors. It's going to take 5 plus years to rebuild that. We need to sign 1st graders. Not necessarily super stars but harden 1st graders. When we have a junior ready they enter and the recruitment for that position stops. I said we won't win a comp for 10yrs because this recruitment won't be the contending for comp it will be the one after that and after that. By than we have 7 or 8 juniors . Some with 2 yrs in 1st grade some with 4 and some rookies . But we are a long way from this position. We need to focus on 18 to 20 yr olds and 2 older spine players to get started next year.
We need Gus .
Not only did he neglect juniors - he had the choice to spend money on juniors or science and he chose science. Didn’t work out work out for him, so he took a further 2 mil from the club without coaching a game , then went back to manly and their stacked team of juniors

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Not only did he neglect juniors - he had the choice to spend money on juniors or science and he chose science. Didn’t work out work out for him, so he took a further 2 mil from the club without coaching a game , then went back to manly and their stacked team of juniors
No re screwed us up , screwed manly up and got a job at the NRL. Now he is super coach again with he team Barrett built

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Central coast IS local roosters junior base. Why bother pretending it isn't?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hard to believe but I remember Storm players and coach when they were building the club early 2000’s they were looking to the Bulldogs as a club to try and emulate the culture and toughness.

whatever Folksey was doing back then just worked. Wish he was still around to offer some guidance right now
Actually true, the Storm blueprint is based on Bulldog winning culture of the past built on effort, the 1%s and grit, Chris Anderson instilled this into the club as the inaugural coach. Stayed with them since...

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the Tigers will pay ~700-800k to keep Grant. Grant will also have interest from other clubs. We have to offer more than that to get Grant. Not rocket science. Also I would of said ~1m or thereabouts. I also use this ~ to protect myself from trolls. There are multiple people on these forums who think we're going to sign players for what they're worth.
Na I just think there are multiple people on this forum that keep reading the same bullshit from you day in day out.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to raid Fiji.
The club/coach simply has no vision, you could go to Fiji and there’s a gold mine of talent with that raw ability. PNG also..

Superleague have plenty of talent, if we can’t get any movement here, aim for the best over there..

when talented guys like Jai Field had no club, we should have been the first club to pursue him..

when a guy like Averillo comes along, we don’t have the balls to play him fullback or in his preferred halves position...

when our only hooker in the club was brought over to play hooker (surprise!), he can’t get a game...

Super Rugby is ripe for the pickings, plenty of talent (Jordan Petaia is a gun), but looks like the only leads are ageing Ex-NRL players in Koroibete & Rona (going on 29)...

there are how many reserve graders (NSW&QLD cup) that cannot get a game
because of Covid and are hoping to secure an NRL full time contract... yeah nah, that’s beyond our capability to look in that direction.

Our recruitment officer is Mr Magoo

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you could go to Fiji and there’s a gold mine of talent with that raw ability. PNG also..
No there isnt, ill give you the benefit of the doubt you havent read my posts on this matter but its a myth.

Firstly, its a small market. Theres only about 400k black fijians in Fiji (indians are the main group ogf others and dont play rugby) so the entire black population is equal to Ryde council.

Secondly, they play union mainly and unions all up in their guts recruitment wise.

Thirdly, the nrl does have presence there.

Fourthly, most end up in union after a few years. in fact so far....all outside backs have ended up in union.

Its way more yield going to england and in my opinion, France.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't have the coaching staff to develop those kids.
Seems to me our setup is piss weak compared to other clubs. No idea why we have fallen over in this area when we used to be the best.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Knights paid for their whole team bar 4-5 though?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Keary won a premiership with Souths? I’d say he was at least second tier at the time they purchased him..
If you go back and look at how many in here said don’t buy Keary he’s shit then I reckon you’d have at lest 20 members here who said that. Wish we got him he’s a great player he won the gf in 2014 with Souths

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
where would the roasters be without pilfering players from other teams? his comments are a joke and is nothing more than self interest.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Blah blah blah keep talking shit, you excel in that.
Another post not worthy of a response, that's why it easy to miss the infrequent ones that just might be, as unlikely as that sounds.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another post not worthy of a response, that's why it easy to miss the infrequent ones that just might be, as unlikely as that sounds.

Go Dogs
But you did respond you dumb fuck.