Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me some more bout Gusses unbeatable hand and “kills” lol!
As much as you want it to be, our recruitment isn’t over yet and all the pissing and moaning you have been doing is about players the club hasn’t officially announced. Now I know it’s infinitely difficult for a single cell organism like yourself to understand this so I’ll put it in terms you might understand. We litrally don’t know who the potatoes are going to be.

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching the broncos game tonight leaves me with more questions than anything if we are going down the right path recruiting wise. They got the spoon in 2020 and now look like a genuine premiership threat to panthers 3 years later. We got the spoon in 2021 and we are still hoping to avoid the spoon next year. Where did we go wrong? Broncos did sign Reynolds and Walsh but they built within other than that. I dunno if signing all these fringe / bench players is the right call. Yes we need a cleanout but we need to build within
Broncos got the Spoon but had winning teams in all ages. Dogs didn’t even have a NSW cup team.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re adding NRL standard players as apposed to pretenders who can’t cut it. Not your flashy type though counters the biggest issue this year an unstable line up with countless youngsters having to fill in roles they can’t fully satisfy. Besides SST the others names are relatively injury free, strength in depth is what you need come mid season and beyond.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We’re adding NRL standard players as apposed to pretenders who can’t cut it. Not your flashy type though counters the biggest issue this year an unstable line up with countless youngsters having to fill in roles they can’t fully satisfy. Besides SST the others names are relatively injury free, strength in depth is what you need come mid season and beyond.
we're mostly adding fringe NRL/bench players

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching the broncos game tonight leaves me with more questions than anything if we are going down the right path recruiting wise. They got the spoon in 2020 and now look like a genuine premiership threat to panthers 3 years later. We got the spoon in 2021 and we are still hoping to avoid the spoon next year. Where did we go wrong? Broncos did sign Reynolds and Walsh but they built within other than that. I dunno if signing all these fringe / bench players is the right call. Yes we need a cleanout but we need to build within
We went wrong by signing scraps that were left over. And it is going to get worse with the shortage of players. More teams and less talented footballers to choose from. Schools today don't play as much sport as what they use to. And most of the young ones are only interested in technology.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Phil Gould announces 8-9 signings to be announced in next few weeks.
A week and a half to go Gus. Probably includes just confirming the half dozen or so we already know about, (not very exciting so far), but hope the last couple are real good ones

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A week and a half to go Gus. Probably includes just confirming the half dozen or so we already know about, (not very exciting so far), but hope the last couple are real good ones
1 quality middle would be good

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And remember we are paying Gus a million per year to deliver us these duds. Then drink some more lol
These players are only fill in's until our juniors come through.
The problem is there is no quality players off contract or coming off contract at the moment.

Plus we are NOT an attractive team to come to at the moment Gus's hands are tied.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
These players are only fill in's until our juniors come through.
The problem is there is no quality players off contract or coming off contract at the moment.

Plus we are NOT an attractive team to come to at the moment Gus's hands are tied.
Then no need to pay gus 1 million.