Gus on 100% Footy

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
"no development program at the Bulldogs until the last 12 months"

lol talk about shambles of a club, Gus and the staff have had to start the development from scratch.
That's total ass covering bullshit. How can we of had such great success the last 7 years in the NRL Cup if we've had no development until Gould showed up. A blatant unadulterated lie saying we've had no development.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that on Gus or the fraud assistant?
Him making excuses for the fraud.

He is the "Top Dog" on big money. He is accountable for every thing.

What are his KPIs and also what are CC's KPIs.

in which department have we improved from last year? which player has gone up at another level from last year. Name me one.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro honestly if CC was a kalb of a coach he would ruin Skeltons career by playing him and crushing the kids confidence... Kids like Skelly, Ala, Khaled and KO only got runs to assess where they are in development and sort their paths out.

These kids are the future if they stick around, Break them now and ur screwed again.
You actually make a good point. Out of the pups you mentioned, Skelton and KO should feature in FG after a good, full off-season.

Skelton should be a winger or centre, or even off the bench as a more talented version of what he tried with Knockonmor.

KO should have the whole off-season at lock along with Edwards, who has shown potential too.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We had some in Paul Vaughan, Meaney, Cogger, Reimus Smith and pushed them out.

Vaughan was the only one that we really needed.

He was our best forward last year and he was let go . what a stupid decision considering we are/ were already struggling with the go forward.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this actually true though? Like who can actually fact check Gus on it. Could be an easy excuse for him.
Rubbish. If there's no development your not competitive in NSW Cup. It's that FINAL DEVELOPMENT taking players from NSW Cup to FG where you need an experienced FG coach to polish them up, not rookie coaches.
All the same, would of loved to see what Dean Pay could of done with this roster. Time and time again we hear defence is attitude. Our D gas gone backwards big time from last year, so our FG Coach has failed miserably.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have the youngest team in the comp, just have to wait until they get more footy under their belts.

If we need to buy it has to be forwards.
Youngest team in the comp by design. How convenient.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best part was saying the off contracts playing for a job lol after Sunday ur all gooooneee
mase has been saying that for a while. May explain Sutton allegedly having a mental break down.. the pressure is too much

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He said what I've been saying for a while though that there's very little on the market to buy because of the 17th team, increased cap and teams having more money to re-sign their key players.

As Gus said, add to that no lower grades for a few years due to Covid fucking player development and it means there's very little out there worth buying even if you have cap space to spend.
So was it covid that fucked the development or the fact Gould asserts Dogs didn't do any? Our efforts in NSW Cup belies that statement.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus talks so much shit and our fans almost always fall for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Him making excuses for the fraud.

He is the "Top Dog" on big money. He is accountable for every thing.

What are his KPIs and also what are CC's KPIs.

in which department have we improved from last year? which player has gone up at another level from last year. Name me one.
I'm not a Gus lover but I don't want him sacked either. He has already made an impact on our juniors. For pathways he is the man.

FG is totally different. He hasn't really impressed me at all. He has found some diamonds in Preston and Skelton (maybe KO down the track) but he has had many fuck ups too like the assistant and Sutton.

I can't answer who has improved because I don't think any player has improved. A heap have regressed.

We are shit, have been shit for 7 years. I think Gus realises that now. He said himself he was confident at Penrith and the Dogs is the hardest task he has ever had.

We are still in the hole and nowhere near getting out. What can we do bro? We just have to cop it and pray for miracles.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Vaughan was the only one that we really needed.

He was our best forward last year and he was let go . what a stupid decision considering we are/ were already struggling with the go forward.
Bro, he wanted to leave, we threw him money but his mind was made up.

Damn fkn shame.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think Gus fucked up hiring ciro. It’s becoming increasingly clear that this job was too big for him. “Defensive systems” “defensive principles” etc dude these guys are all dumb as bricks, you think they know what you’re talking about? Break it down to them piece by piece.

at the same time the fucking players doing bullshit arm grabbing tackles isn’t on. I don’t know anymore… seems like players are too dumb/useless to buy into this mythical “system” and Ciro is too arrogant/full of himself to dumb it down.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Covid. Hahahahahaha the FOREVER excuse for everything.
Maybe he'd be better off saying we have many players suffering long term effects from having to take the jab as mandated by the NRL.
In regards to junior development it's pretty true tbh... It's why Panthers are head and shoulders above everyone over the last couple of seasons and this year... Solid well drilled junior systems and pathways to higher levels. Meanwhile everyone else plays catch up

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not a Gus lover but I don't want him sacked either. He has already made an impact on our juniors. For pathways he is the man.

FG is totally different. He hasn't really impressed me at all. He has found some diamonds in Preston and Skelton (maybe KO down the track) but he has had many fuck ups too like the assistant and Sutton.

I can't answer who has improved because I don't think any player has improved. A heap have regressed.

We are shit, have been shit for 7 years. I think Gus realises that now. He said himself he was confident at Penrith and the Dogs is the hardest task he has ever had.

We are still in the hole and nowhere near getting out. What can we do bro? We just have to cop it and pray for miracles.
With the players that we do have, we should certainly be capable of being competitive. No justification for these terrible results unless there is trouble in the camp.