Gus on 100% Footy

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Based on his responses, I reckon Burton has until mid to end of next season at most to solidify his position at 6. Blatantly obvious Gus has thought about the possibility of him continuing to flop.
Well looks like only Taaffe can move the centre back to the centres.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possibly however I don't think they fit Gus' current recruitment profile. SST is the only older head we've been linked too since Gus arrived with everyone else being a different profile.
Who knows but im pretty sure he was looking at everything and everyone.

Our recruitment has been astute to be for such a shit team apart from Sutto who just couldnt cope with the work load. Flannaflop and Waddle.

Tballz

Burton
Burns
JAC
King

Gus

Kiraz
Mahoney
Wilson
TPJ
Kikau
Preston
Knight
Sex
Crighton
Salmon
Taafe
SST

There is a decent there just no decent bulldog kids to fill the gaps..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our recruitment has been astute to be for such a shit team apart from Sutto who just couldnt cope with the work load.

Tballz

Burton
Burns
JAC
King

Gus

Kiraz
Mahoney
Wilson
TPJ
Kikau
Preston
Knight
Sex
Crighton
Salmon
Taafe
SST

There is a decent there just no decent bulldog kids to fill the gaps..
That underwhelming imo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton is more fullback than 5/8 and I said that when we signed him. If we HAD to play him in the spine he should've been developed there.
Is he smart enough for FB?

Plus Gus slipped up tonight and said we DID buy Critta first FB.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a Gus lover but I don't want him sacked either. He has already made an impact on our juniors. For pathways he is the man.

FG is totally different. He hasn't really impressed me at all. He has found some diamonds in Preston and Skelton (maybe KO down the track) but he has had many fuck ups too like the assistant and Sutton.

I can't answer who has improved because I don't think any player has improved. A heap have regressed.

We are shit, have been shit for 7 years. I think Gus realises that now. He said himself he was confident at Penrith and the Dogs is the hardest task he has ever had.

We are still in the hole and nowhere near getting out. What can we do bro? We just have to cop it and pray for miracles.

I dont want Gus sacked either, but he needs to be held accountable for the performance of our club.

He can not simply wash his hands away from this.

But you are right, we can only pray for miracles now given how we continue to improve our roster but our results do not improve.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck what Gus thinks anymore. Hes delivered dud after dud (players and coaching staff) and anyone half decent he’s paid way more then their worth.

Ciraldo needs to grow a pair and put some sort of his own stamp on this team. His job depends on it
Relax mate ouussssaaaa

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dont want Gus sacked either, but he needs to be held accountable for the performance of our club.

He can not simply wash his hands away from this.

But you are right, we can only pray for miracles now given how we continue to improve our roster but our results do not improve.
His ego won't let him wash his hands bro....at least I can't see him admitting defeat and walking away.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is he smart enough for FB?

Plus Gus slipped up tonight and said we DID buy Critta first FB.
He also said he wont do shit unless we sort the forward pack out....

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This time last year we had two players, fox and Burton , selected for Mal’s Roos . Four months ago we had 2 picked for the blues, fox and TPJ, if there were a four nations at the end of this year, how many of ours would be selected? I think none.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cannot fucking believe how unprofessional our organisation is… weak as piss!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? JAC/Kikau/Burton/Crighton/Mahoney and TPJ to certain degree are top shelf signings especially for a cellar dweller.

yup these guys would make majority of the the first grade teams in the comp easy.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Facts that with Gus we attract players?
The only thing doing any attracting is the extra money we have had at our disposal in the last couple years. We still can’t attract as a club. Which is why we can only land big fish in non-key positions. Centres, 2nd rows

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really? JAC/Kikau/Burton/Crighton/Mahoney and TPJ to certain degree are top shelf signings especially for a cellar dweller.
I think he meant their performances are underwhelming, which let's be honest, they are (apart from Kiks obviously)

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
7 years of this and they want us to wait another 10 years.. get fucked *****… fold the club honestly
Gus is a total fraud. He’s set us back several years with his decisions and is making up excuses and claiming 10 yr rebuild