Gus on 100% Footy

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
‘Fixing the bulldogs is a harder job than Penrith’ Gus doesn’t fill me with too much hope.
Well we will get there. Penrith have a great junior system to fall back on. It was just about ensuring they got their best juniors playing together. Gus is trying the same but we didn’t have that quality and that’s what he is building.

The best chance we have for next season is getting the squad to buy in on the defence. A half decent defence will allow us to hang around games and jet those quality players show why they are quality

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like he's realistic and knows Haas will re-sign with Brisbane just like the majority of other key players have re-signed.

By the way, it's past your bedtime Joel
either stays at broncos or goes to rugby union

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus has been telling us all season we are way off the pace and that it’s a long road. Unfortunately many here just chose not to believe it.
I think more fans will believe him after this.

I know it's a loser mentality, but avoiding the spoon is our main mission for the next 2-3 years.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I truly think this is exactly the reason for the emotional breakdown of this forum. They all were tipping 6th, and it was always mental
I thought I was delusional thinking we would finish 10th-12th

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we will get there. Penrith have a great junior system to fall back on. It was just about ensuring they got their best juniors playing together. Gus is trying the same but we didn’t have that quality and that’s what he is building.

The best chance we have for next season is getting the squad to buy in on the defence. A half decent defence will allow us to hang around games and jet those quality players show why they are quality
Our hope is Crittas defensive efforts gets transferred over to everyone else. I believe Critta and Xerri are our X factors next year. But also doesn’t mean anything with a pack that lets people walk in under the posts untouched

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes ppl ain't no hass or tino gonna save us Gus looks dejected
Dejected in a good way if that makes sense.

He didn't try to sugar-coat any bullshit. Didn't even use injures as an excuse like some delusional people on here try to.

The problem is bigger than injuries.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So our salary cap was out of whack he claims… yet didn’t he spend $$$$ on flops like Sutton, Nu Brown, Reynolds, and that idiot from manly that left us mid season

I said it in a post the other day… we were crying out for Props/Forwards since Covid FFS when we had to ask Raiders for 2 players and that was over 2yrs ago… and here we are, in the same boat
I think you'll find we only got those loan players off Canberra as Ricky Stuart is mates with Pay... Very circumstantial. Gus is right the player market is fucked and we likely signed the players you mentioned as we have to fill the cap and spend 95% of it.

People gotta realise that if we got some other mid prop from another club, their management would be asking for 2+ year deals... which would set our rebuild back once more.