Gus on 100% Footy

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's clear changes need to happen.

If the players and coaches now lift their game, and perform to the required professionalism and intensity; they are safe.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_5985.png

one thing that had me scratching my head was this image when talking about the salary cap. pangai on $925,000? and gus never corrected it or said anything about it whatsoever. from memory he was signed for around 7's wasnt he? i sure as shit hope hes not on that much coin

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 48888

one thing that had me scratching my head was this image when talking about the salary cap. pangai on $925,000? and gus never corrected it or said anything about it whatsoever. from memory he was signed for around 7's wasnt he? i sure as shit hope hes not on that much coin
Isn't that an 8?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he followed it up with 'he's going to be the long term coach' so i think that gives the indication he's talking about the dogs..
Doesnt really matter what Gus says, only he knows if its fact or just smoke and mirrors to take pressure of the club and coach. If Barrett develops under Gould and has success, he will stay. If he treads water and doesnt improve, he will be gone and Gus will fire the bullet.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 48888

Gus probably knew if he said anything, another lot of woohoo rubbish would start up and also that he would be in a position of publicly stating a players income...which he wouldnt likely do at his own Club.

He wants the players to trust him that he has their back and wont dud them by arguing about their money I guess.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gus is genuinely tapping into an effort problem with the players, than this probably exists on the training paddock as well as in game. If the players are going through the motions with their fitness training, that is a problem.
Having been to a couple of training session this season, albeit not a big sample, I can say for sure that every player puts in the big ones, they work farkin hard.

Having said that, they looked a bit fitter against the chooks. Hopefully that continues.
It's all about possession, Chooks game 50/50 compared to Wabbits game 44/56. That's what makes the difference, if they have much less than half the possession then players run of gas. If they have a lot more than half then they look like supermen. Commonly the biggest effect on that are penalties and other ref influenced infringements, Souths game 11/19 compared to Chooks game 7/10.

Always a Bulldog

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 48888

I never knew TPJ was on $1.2m a year. Whoever made the decision to sign him on $1.4m a season should get sacked. We could sign 2 players for the $1.6m that he’s on.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think reports at the time said he was on 'over 2 million' which unfortunately allows these maggots to put whatever $ fits their agenda.

I think more likely it's 700k with 50k in 3rd party.
Plus relocation allowance, car allowance etc

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never knew TPJ was on $1.2m a year. Whoever made the decision to sign him on $1.4m a season should get sacked. We could sign 2 players for the $1.6m that he’s on.
hahahaha totally agree and we know the media make shit up constantly with wages - thommo went from 750 to 850 in a week, flanno has gone from 450 to 600 in a month. its the fact that gus was sitting there and didnt correct it that had me scratching my head though

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having been to a couple of training session this season, albeit not a big sample, I can say for sure that every player puts in the big ones, they work farkin hard.

It's all about possession, Chooks game 50/50 compared to Wabbits game 44/56. That's what makes the difference, if they have much less than half the possession then players run of gas. If they have a lot more than half then they look like supermen. Commonly the biggest effect on that are penalties and other ref influenced infringements, Souths game 11/19 compared to Chooks game 7/10.

Always a Bulldog
Thank god someone else can see this.

It's basic stuff that gets overlooked by most pundits.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he followed it up with 'he's going to be the long term coach' so i think that gives the indication he's talking about the dogs..
He said that about Anthony Griffin at the Panthers. Look how that turned out.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually watched this 3 minute clip..mainly for the lols at the coach comments but he was pretty defiant..fair enough too.
honestly(and I don't watch any of them)these shows are all shit arent they? i wonder if he may look at stepping back from this show soon, maybe the end of the year? And keep to the game day calling and his main job which is steering us to the promised land.
Even that Chammas bloke seems like a dickpulling quince just shitstirring because that's their mantra these days..

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just listening to him now about the cap, love him or hate him, he fkn knows the game inside out.
Could listen to him talk league for hours. How good are he’s origin speeches, just before kickoff. Makes u wanna run through walls

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just watched this for the first time and it only reinforces my opinion of Gus, he’s a legend and a leader of men - that was classic “Gouldfather”