Gus Gould, Cameron Ciraldo and Canterbury Bulldogs coaching conspiracy theories

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me or are your posts so confusing? “Hunt wanted out, the only thing that stopped him was his loyalty to Hook”. How does that make sense when Hook was sacked and is the reason why Hunt wanted out? Lol so Hunt stayed because Hook got sacked… okayyyyyyy
In sequence
1. Contact was made, his answer was no.
2. Hook got sacked
3. Contact was made again, St George wouldn't release him.
I know I'm not confused :laughing:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its mind blowing that as a supporter you won’t stand up for your club.
You get supporters believing Buzz and **** with no proof.
How many on TK can say I confronted Buzz the Drunk about his bad reporting against our club...
I did years ago...
He said "I wish all Canterbury supporters speak to me with the same respect"
I said "if you change your ways they would change theirs"
All these years later he still hasn't changed >:(

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why are people still complaining about missing out on Luai? He's proving yet again this year how average he is. He's not worth half of what the Tigers paid for him. He doesn't have a try or try assist this season in the best team in the comp. Schneider outplayed him last game. The Tigers will be regretting that decision as they're proving this year with Galvin and co that they don't need him at all.
Agree that Luai has been quiet.
However no points against Storm.
Last couple of games have been focused on the right edge / Tago due to opposition 2RF having defend at centre.
if he can't do anything to Manly I'll be concerned.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many on TK can say I confronted Buzz the Drunk about his bad reporting against our club...
I did years ago...
He said "I wish all Canterbury supporters speak to me with the same respect"
I said "if you change your ways they would change theirs"
All these years later he still hasn't changed >:(
Knowing that he's still a crusty old ****, hindsight tells me you should have just kicked him in the balls and tipped out his drink so he had no emotional support while he waited for the swelling to go down.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In sequence
1. Contact was made, his answer was no.
2. Hook got sacked
3. Contact was made again, St George wouldn't release him.
I know I'm not confused :laughing:
And you know all this detail how? Are you a player manager? Nice story… and don’t give me that BS that you have a source.

Firstly, don’t make unproven claims that we spoke to an “under contract” player. And secondly, after point 3, he could have just did a Lomax / Klemmer and got his release. Hook had just been sacked and his “loyalty” to him would have wanted him to leave no matter what. So still, you make no sense

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Buzz is a news limited pawn using their mo as an excuse for "journalism" he wouldnt have the balls to do the same to broncos storm gooseters.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were more attractive than Tiger going into the year. Tiger a team less attractive than us was able to assemble a spine of Bula, Galvin, Luai and Koroisau... that's a massive problem. We have 2 of the worst spine players in the competition (and no middles!).

Burton is close to being a candidate to moving on (I'm sure some people are already there). Luai would of been the main man here because Burton doesn't have it in him. He plays half more like a centre than a five-eighth (I'm not even going to mention halfback, that's another world away).
Why were we much more attractive?

Luai wants to lead a team he said that. Is he assured of that with Burton at Canterbury?

He understands Api's game whereas Mahoney over plays his hand. Mahoney has been made out to be a marquee player when he’s just a solid tradesman not elite. Bula is young and already a top class fullback. We don’t know who our fullback is going to be.

Luai idolises Marshall who he knows will allow him to play his natural game. Luai to his credit to call Ciraldo and spoke highly of him in his press conference. Whereas he failed to mention one person.

Now they’ve stumbled upon Galvin it’s apparent between the two offers very similar in dollars he made the right call.

We are improving in so many areas but we are also very deficient in many other areas. Wests are showing more confidence in their pathways players.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knowing that he's still a crusty old ****, hindsight tells me you should have just kicked him in the balls and tipped out his drink so he had no emotional support while he waited for the swelling to go down.
I did have many ideas...
I would have been front page news :laughing:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why were we much more attractive?

Luai wants to lead a team he said that. Is he assured of that with Burton at Canterbury?

He understands Api's game whereas Mahoney over plays his hand. Mahoney has been made out to be a marquee player when he’s just a solid tradesman not elite. Bula is young and already a top class fullback. We don’t know who our fullback is going to be.

Luai idolises Marshall who he knows will allow him to play his natural game. Luai to his credit to call Ciraldo and spoke highly of him in his press conference. Whereas he failed to mention one person.

Now they’ve stumbled upon Galvin it’s apparent between the two offers very similar in dollars he made the right call.

We are improving in so many areas but we are also very deficient in many other areas. Wests are showing more confidence in their pathways players.
This is all hypothetical and just you guessing without knowing shit as usual.
Just one more thing didn’t your mate say we bought luai on massive overs?
How did that turn out.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all hypothetical and just you guessing without knowing shit as usual.
Just one more thing didn’t your mate say we bought luai on massive overs?
How did that turn out.
We went hard after Luai and this confirmed by the Luai press conference where he said he personally called Ciraldo with his decision. I actually felt bad for Ciraldo. Luai and his manager confirmed the deals were the same.

The only person I’m mates with is Flanagun :grinning:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We went hard after Luai and this confirmed by the Luai press conference where he said he personally called Ciraldo with his decision. I actually felt bad for Ciraldo. Luai and his manager confirmed the deals were the same.

The only person I’m mates with is Flanagun :grinning:
He called CC to tell him I want tigers over you, lol ok thanks for the tip.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And you know all this detail how? Are you a player manager? Nice story… and don’t give me that BS that you have a source.

Firstly, don’t make unproven claims that we spoke to an “under contract” player. And secondly, after point 3, he could have just did a Lomax / Klemmer and got his release. Hook had just been sacked and his “loyalty” to him would have wanted him to leave no matter what. So still, you make no sense
You are delusional if you believe player's managers and clubs play by the rules...
Using different players with different circumstances and needs isn't an example,
Again I say you are entitled to believe what you want to believe...
I know what I know...But remember I am connected Cuz :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Copy just filed to AAP nws agency...
AAP-RTV a3216 rt
RL: 'Like talking to your dad': Ciraldo denies Gould rift
RL Bulldogs (SYDNEY)
Cameron Ciraldo has laughed off claims of a divide between he and Phil Gould, comparing his relationship with the Canterbury football boss to that of a father and son.
The Bulldogs coach said it was only natural the pair could clash on matters such as team selection but that "healthy disagreements" were part of any trusting relationship.
Reports this week that NRL tycoon Gould had been controlling selection decisions followed similar accusations made during Trent Barrett's time leading Canterbury from 2021 until 2022.
Like Barrett, Ciraldo was a young coach poached from Penrith's staff to help lead a turnaround at the success-starved Bulldogs.
Ciraldo said he expected Gould to have an opinion on football matters, and that those conversations could morph into healthy debate.

AAP RTV
04-04-24 1303

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its mind blowing that as a supporter you won’t stand up for your club.
You get supporters believing Buzz and **** with no proof.
Yeap or the "fans" who take a dig at the club every chance they get. If we were treated more fairly by the refs this past month we would have won 2-3 or all of our games. We need to start defending the players more.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AAP-RTV a3216 rt
RL Bulldogs (SYDNEY)
Cameron Ciraldo has laughed off claims of a divide between he and Phil Gould, comparing his relationship with the Canterbury football boss to that of a father and son.
The Bulldogs coach said it was only natural the pair could clash on matters such as team selection but that "healthy disagreements" were part of any trusting relationship.
Reports this week that NRL tycoon Gould had been controlling selection decisions followed similar accusations made during Trent Barrett's time leading Canterbury from 2021 until 2022.
Like Barrett, Ciraldo was a young coach poached from Penrith's staff to help lead a turnaround at the success-starved Bulldogs.
Ciraldo said he expected Gould to have an opinion on football matters, and that those conversations could morph into healthy debate.

AAP RTV
04-04-24 1303
SHOCKING it's been an hour and no comments have been made...
Where is all the Doomers & Gloomers ?
I'm guessing good news travels slow :laughing:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AAP-RTV a3216 rt
RL Bulldogs (SYDNEY)

AAP RTV
04-04-24 1303
Ciraldo is a lot tougher than Baz and I don’t reckon he would cop Gus’s shit.

He said today in that presser that they agree on stuff and disagree on stuff.

There was a game last year against Cronulla when we were getting steamrolled through the middle and the Channel 9 cameras panned to our bench.

Gus made a point about us getting dominated up front but all the all of our bigger forwards were on the bench at the same time.

It was a subtle dig at the rotation.

Ciraldo would be mad not to listen him.

But he would also be mad to do everything Gus suggests. He hasn’t coached nrl in 25 years

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There was a game last year against Cronulla when we were getting steamrolled through the middle and the Channel 9 cameras panned to our bench.

Gus made a point about us getting dominated up front but all the all of our bigger forwards were on the bench at the same time.

But he would also be mad to do everything Gus suggests. He hasn’t coached nrl in 25 years
In Gould's second last game as an official NRL coach he was absolutely schooled by Steve Folkes. Gould tried every pre-game mind games trick imaginable and back in the days the team named on Tuesday wasn't the team that took to the field. Folkes read right through it all. Canterbury snuck to a lead and just bashed their way to victory. The real victory was Folkes over Gould.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You'd think common sense should prevail from The Master & The Apprentice !

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
People forget that Tracy was injured till rd 2. That meant Taafe was always going to get the first 5-10 rds at fb. The only real call CC made was Hutch over sexton and that appears to have been a mistake, Curran has played good minutes in all games despite being on the bench. His rotations and amount of time he leaves Mann and Morin on the field together that is another issue.