Official Gus Fronts Press Conference

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Listen again. He said we wouldn’t be at this point today if it wasn’t for the decisions of those 6-7 years ago

Why is there no accountability?
Agreed.

He clearly made excuses about where we are today based on decisions made in the previous 4-5 years.

Another swipe at the Andersons.

Reality is - we are at our lowest point in the previous 6-7 years.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed.

He clearly made excuses about where we are today based on decisions made in the previous 4-5 years.

Another swipe at the Andersons.

Reality is - we are at our lowest point in the previous 6-7 years.
For all their flaws, the Andersons are the reason why Gus entered the club with plenty of cash in the cap to splash around. They cleared the decks

Just shows how little true understanding Gus has and will use anything and anyone as an excuse to protect his own image. He is a myth and pig

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Listen again. He said we wouldn’t be at this point today if it wasn’t for the decisions of those 6-7 years ago

He’s responsible for a lot of signings in this team who have been abject failures and some of which getting paid a fuck ton of money.

He’s appointed a rookie coach who is clearly floundering. Crazy tactics and selections

Attitude and effort of the group has been woeful despite telling us all pre season how switched on and unified the group is

They sold a big dream to the fans in the pre season and as soon as shit Starts going wrong we get an excusathon and endless mentions of the long term rebuild and a promise of more pain for a few more years.

Im sure your expectations weren’t to still be this low now where they??

We’re in very dangerous waters with smug can-do-no-wrong Gus in full control of the Club. I’m waiting to hear from Khoury and warburon. Where are they?

I never thought I’d say it, but I’m eager for a return of Ray dib as chairman
How is he accountable for 6-7 years ago? All you can turn that into is he's blaming others.
What are the 'lot' of signings he's been responsible for? I can think of Sutton and apart from that kids.
I can also think of mistakes he's shown the door early - Cotric and Allan to name two.
Of course no-one is happy with where things are at but I was at both the AGM and Season Launch and Gus was very clear about measuring expectations for this season.
Why do we need to hear from the CEO and Chair at this point? It's a football issue and it's being dealt with by the GM of Football and the Coach.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the point is that you can,and should, be able to turn things around quickly.

We just missed the finals in 2011.

Des came the next year and we made the GF…followed by multiple finals appearances.

Sustained success, at this stage, may be code for “give me more time, while you pay me a million dollars/year to oversee it”… it all remains to be seen ATM.
People forget that Barrett was handed our war chest, he rushed out and as the rules state, he spent 95% of it ….. Gould inherited a lot of duds and some over priced contracts, some he’s managed to move on, others he’s been stuck with, they’re slowly being weeded out and he’ll better balance the team and cap once they’re all gone, but it takes time to run those contracts out, e.g Thompson / Flanagan etc.

It’s not enough for me to have people just go out and buy mercenary players so we’re a finals team one year, bounce back to the bottom, then just miss finals, then bounce back up again, then back to bottom 4 again …

I’d like to see our club challenging every year and back to winning premierships again, and if we’re not I want to at least be top 4 and right in the fight for them ..

The salary cap punishes success, so you have to have that production line of talent coming through to replace the ones you can’t hold onto ..

Gould joined Roosters in 2015, who were perennial losers … they’ve never been out of finals since and 95% of the time they challenge for the title ..

When he joined Panthers they were also perennial losers, don’t think I need to go into how they’ve gone since ..

Both clubs each year are huge threats to take out the title …

What Gould is doing is rebuilding our club from the bottom up so we can challenge for the title every year and consistently be top 2 . Top 4 winners for years to come ..

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For all their flaws, the Andersons are the reason why Gus entered the club with plenty of cash in the cap to splash around. They cleared the decks

Just shows how little true understanding Gus has and will use anything and anyone as an excuse to protect his own image. He is a myth and pig
I feel today’s press conference was about defending himself and his decisions and buying time.

Gus the slick media communicator in full swing.

Nothing to see here…just our worst ever performance against a team who has struggled to get out of their own way all year.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone probably mentioned it already but his comments about hayze are pretty telling.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He’s responsible for a lot of signings in this team who have been abject failures and some of which getting paid a fuck ton of money.

He’s appointed a rookie coach who is clearly floundering. Crazy tactics and selections

Attitude and effort of the group has been woeful despite telling us all pre season how switched on and unified the group is

They sold a big dream to the fans in the pre season and as soon as shit Starts going wrong we get an excusathon and endless mentions of the long term rebuild and a promise of more pain for a few more years.

Im sure your expectations weren’t to still be this low now where they??

We’re in very dangerous waters with smug can-do-no-wrong Gus in full control of the Club. I’m waiting to hear from Khoury and warburon. Where are they?

I never thought I’d say it, but I’m eager for a return of Ray dib as chairman
Bahaha Dibsaster!!!

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel today’s press conference was about defending himself and his decisions and buying time.

Nothing to see here…just our worst ever performance against a team who has struggled to get out of their own way all year.
Unbelievable. All things considered I think it would be the worst defeat in our history. 15th getting beaten by 14th, 66-nil.

And this prick comes out with every excuse under the sun and the majority of this fan base just eats it up. Could sell sand to the Egyptians gus

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And this prick comes out with every excuse under the sun and the majority of this fan base just eats it up. Could sell sand to the Egyptians gus
It’s the “cross our fingers and hope” approach.

Before we know it - 3 years have passed and Gus collects 3 mill for what could have been achieved for half the price.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Image1688456730.542592.jpg

Incorrect, Barrett received the keys to the war chest … 95% of that cap had to be spent, go through the players Barrett bought and then check out which of those were any good ..

Gould still weeding them out and trying to balance the cap ..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Gus fronting is showing leadership

Easy to put a young coach and captain and players up to get eaten alive

Gus protected them and surprised the gallery and the reporters didn’t ask him any tough questions that they would of others because Gus is revered /respected in the league world

Well played Gus
This^^

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If that’s your mindset, that’s all your going to hear … if you remove your it’s all about Gould goggles and instead think about the work it takes to rebuild a bottom club into a premiership contender and run through the intricate pieces that need to come together to build a production line of talent of the back of that you get exactly what he’s talking about ..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve seen no general improvement across the board since Gus’s involvement. It might be behind the scenes. We need more players like Preston and Kiraz who excel in their positions and sure they have an odd off game, but they are not consistently bad like most of our squad.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
View attachment 75608

Incorrect, Barrett received the keys to the war chest … 95% of that cap had to be spent, go through the players Barrett bought and then check out which of those were any good ..

Gould still weeding them out and trying to balance the cap ..
But Gould replaced Barrett with Ciraldo. And now says “Told him not to come this year”??

Enough said.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we beat souffs now too lol. I don’t care what anyone says, Gus is the best person to get us out of the darkness. Not sure there is anyone else who could manage the pressure from media and the fans
If we do beat Souths, I'll be saying "How dare you!! How dare you put us through weeks of crap when you can play like this!!"

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Gould replaced Barrett with Ciraldo. And now says “Told him not to come this year”??

Enough said.
Exactly, he knew he’d inherited Barrett’s F,ups and knew he’d stuffed the cap again with the wrong signings, he knew it would take time to rectify .. especially the Flanagan 3 years .. he mentioned today that it was in the conversations with CC that we weren’t ready for him, he said he didn’t care and that he wanted to be part of the rebuild ..

I don’t know where your headed with the Gould bashing but he’s been here for a year and a 1/2 … he’s said many times it’s going to take time to get us back in contention to the point where we stay there, there’s no quick fix ..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I see this as a positive, pure respect and not hiding from the media. Credit to Gus for fronting the media to answer some tough questions. This is a positive sign of leadership straight from the top and not hiding behind scapegoats.
Shame he can't reach out to the fans and tell them, instead of the hacks in the media.