Guess who's article this is: WHY IDRIS FLED DOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly his worst article to date. Although he did write a great article the other week on Lockyer and his daughter Sunny. Only thing is he has a son named Sonny. Great reseach there.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good riddance. If it were up to Weidler half our cap right now would be on 3 players SBW, Mason and Idris.
HAHAHa Good point, i hate that guy, he ALWAYS has something negative to say about us, he is bloody annoying, i;d love to get into a debate with him, on the Footy Show for example, he'd have nowhere to run, i'd love to see him squirm.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it not all about the Club being bigger than the player? This has been the dogs philosophy for some time now. If that is a flaw in our culture, its a dam good one. We pay what a player is worth, and we reward loyalty.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Ginga might be a little more annoyed at the fact we don't treat our stars like prima donnas. If any of our players are are caught DUI, Punching women, defacating, drugs, in disabled toilets with 2 other mates and a women, they are rubbed out, or heavy fines are imposed by the club. Our culture speaks for itself, again I reiterate and I have read it on here 1,000,000 times our players are not bigger than the club!! Its why we are trying to build the club around good men, and not take on excess baggage.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
WHY IDRIS FLED DOGS

IN THEIR own way the Bulldogs have painted Jamal Idris as a mercenary for choosing the Gold Coast dollars over what was on offer at Belmore. Now for the truth. I had it on good authority that some 12 months ago there would be no way Idris would stay at Canterbury – that was before a single cent had been offered by the Titans, Nathan Tinkler or anyone else. The reason? The culture of the Dogs club. For legal reasons, I can’t give you the full picture, and Idris will never back it up publicly – suffice to say that Dogs fans should start to question why so many good players are leaving.

Chief executive Todd Greenberg is not from the old school that still wields influence over the club, and he can’t be blamed for Idris’s departure. But he should avoid making statements about the reasons Idris left and blaming a lack of coin.

The Dogs have money to make a play for James Graham, but didn’t see the value in throwing extra dollars at Idris – a massive drawcard. The last drawcard they had was Sonny Bill Williams. SBW wanted an extra $100,000 a year to stay at the club because he felt undervalued. He didn’t get it and walked out. In a code where players are chastised by clubs for having a point of view, Idris is prepared to sing and dance on live television. Idris is a massive loss for the Dogs in every sense. One day the penny will drop at Belmore, but how many Sonny Bills and Jamals will have to leave for the message to get through? The Dogs remain blighted by Stone Age attitudes behind closed doors, and it will cost them again and again.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/singo-co...#ixzz1JhLsYsRc

To my knowledge i dont see any possible Legal reasons as to why he cant talk about it.
Only legal thing i see with this is Defamation on his part for talking a load of crap.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
The Dogs have money to make a play for James Graham, but didn’t see the value in throwing extra dollars at Idris – a centre.
Better.

wyongguy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly do not know how he has a job as a journalist, I do not know one person that likes him. But I guess he's stories get read and discussed which is what the paper wants.

GTJOHN

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he should hang out at Bondi and follow the roosters around for a while... more stories there , but writing about a bloke taking massive money to leave a club
is more newswiorthy to this ass clown ?.... hes reporting is a joke, hes a joke , hes freinds are jokes...
one day his employer will have enough of his blatant bull**** and turf him outr the damn door....

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Perhaps I missed the point due to Weidler's lack of writing ability, but in the first half of the article he states Idris' decision to leave wasn't based on money and hinted instead at bad blood at the club being the reason, but in the second half states that SBW would've stayed if he'd been offered more money. What's your point, Weidler? Is it money or the club?

Btw, I still refuse to believe money was beind SBW's decision to leave and Weidler really needs to stop dropping his name into every article. We get it, you're Mundine's lapdog. Good for you, Danny!

MzBulldog83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 2 cents- money talks

I would move clubs too if i was offered 2 million bux.. as if you wouldn't!!!

DER!

Salary Cap sux... end of story...if Money talks... then doggies will walk!

still got RESPECT for the man!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with mzb83.

Status
Not open for further replies.