Guess who's article this is: WHY IDRIS FLED DOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY IDRIS FLED DOGS

IN THEIR own way the Bulldogs have painted Jamal Idris as a mercenary for choosing the Gold Coast dollars over what was on offer at Belmore. Now for the truth. I had it on good authority that some 12 months ago there would be no way Idris would stay at Canterbury – that was before a single cent had been offered by the Titans, Nathan Tinkler or anyone else. The reason? The culture of the Dogs club. For legal reasons, I can’t give you the full picture, and Idris will never back it up publicly – suffice to say that Dogs fans should start to question why so many good players are leaving.

Chief executive Todd Greenberg is not from the old school that still wields influence over the club, and he can’t be blamed for Idris’s departure. But he should avoid making statements about the reasons Idris left and blaming a lack of coin.

The Dogs have money to make a play for James Graham, but didn’t see the value in throwing extra dollars at Idris – a massive drawcard. The last drawcard they had was Sonny Bill Williams. SBW wanted an extra $100,000 a year to stay at the club because he felt undervalued. He didn’t get it and walked out. In a code where players are chastised by clubs for having a point of view, Idris is prepared to sing and dance on live television. Idris is a massive loss for the Dogs in every sense. One day the penny will drop at Belmore, but how many Sonny Bills and Jamals will have to leave for the message to get through? The Dogs remain blighted by Stone Age attitudes behind closed doors, and it will cost them again and again.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/singo-coughs-up-100000-to-ibrahim-20110416-1din4.html#ixzz1JhLsYsRc

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
mmm, so many good players leaving eh? What about all the ones we gain !!

TG should avoid making statements ... All I remember him saying was we wont get into a bidding war.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't have a culture problem. Try again.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
well, no wonder. the one and only....danny mediahack pushing his deluded perspective.

i don't want to talk to this bloke, i just want to go a few rounds, no gloves, no rules. i'm gonna eat your children

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That guy can't wait for a chance to have a swipe at our club it's like he has some agenda I think it's best if the club boycotts him too bad he hasnt the brains to realize our famous club Can overcome any cheap shots he throws..

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well why then have we been the most succesful sydney club for over 30 years?

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who saw the article at the bottom saying dogs want William hopoate ? Reason he would leave manly cause his preferred position of fullback is taken by Stewart.. Then y would he come to dogs or why would we evn chase him we got barba who's a much bigger prospect, unless they want him for wing/centre? Doesn't make sense to me probably just a bull**** article

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Beau Ryan mimicked him well in "Beau knows broadcasting"

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good riddance. If it were up to Weidler half our cap right now would be on 3 players SBW, Mason and Idris.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yer we have a culture issue, That is why the most respected league player of our generation played his whole career with us. Classic weidler, titles an article, "why idris left the dogs" and then doesn't tell us and can't say why.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
LOL, geez this guy would have to be the worst journo i have ever read.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they agree to terms and sign on the dotted line they can't demand more money before the contract is finnished.
Idris is a different set of circumstances and many people are pissed off he agreed to go to the Titans so early in the year, sure he can make more money elsewhere but where will he be in September semi's next year? Let's hope Ben Barba runs under his legs.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
mmm, so many good players leaving eh? What about all the ones we gain !!
Yeah dude .... Aiden Tolman, Frank Pritchard ... both massive duds and Frank's not a drawcard at all is he !!! Willie Mason, SBW, Hazem El Masri, Jamal Idris, Ben Barba - All of them manufactured here.
There'll be more.

IN THEIR own way the Bulldogs have painted Jamal Idris as a mercenary for choosing the Gold Coast dollars over what was on offer at Belmore. Now for the truth. I had it on good authority that some 12 months ago there would be no way Idris would stay at Canterbury – that was before a single cent had been offered by the Titans, Nathan Tinkler or anyone else. The reason? The culture of the Dogs club
Mercenary ??? - That's horse-sh*t !!!
Truth ??? - No such thing in a Weidler piece.
Good authority ??? - Must be Sam Ayoub (he's the only other manager all butthurt over the way we're run [ie : professionally])
Culture ??? - Is this the same culture that made SBW walk out on his word ??? Must be - The culture is called INTEGRITY !!! We stand for something the ranga halfwit will never grasp.

For legal reasons, I can’t give you the full picture, and Idris will never back it up publicly – suffice to say that Dogs fans should start to question why so many good players are leaving.
The legal reasons are as follows .... 1. Defamation / 2. Slander / 3. Unfounded accusations without backup will getcha in the sh*t !

So many players leaving ??? - Hannant and Idris = One big name per year. That's just the salary cap at work.

Chief executive Todd Greenberg is not from the old school that still wields influence over the club, and he can’t be blamed for Idris’s departure. But he should avoid making statements about the reasons Idris left and blaming a lack of coin. The Dogs have money to make a play for James Graham, but didn’t see the value in throwing extra dollars at Idris – a massive drawcard.
And there it is ... "lack of coin" ... always the bottom line in Nasser's world. If you recall correctly Weidler, we threw extra money at Mason and SBW and where did paying overs for egotistical duds get us then ??? The wooden spoon !

The last drawcard they had was Sonny Bill Williams. SBW wanted an extra $100,000 a year to stay at the club because he felt undervalued. He didn’t get it and walked out.
I'll just leave that bold bit there for all to ponder .... the dirty secret is OUT !

In a code where players are chastised by clubs for having a point of view, Idris is prepared to sing and dance on live television. Idris is a massive loss for the Dogs in every sense. One day the penny will drop at Belmore, but how many Sonny Bills and Jamals will have to leave for the message to get through? The Dogs remain blighted by Stone Age attitudes behind closed doors, and it will cost them again and again.
In an industry driven by ego, dropping relevance in the face of electronic media, and innacurate half-truths hidden inside Chinese Whispers, desperate grabs for attention such as this are a sad reminder that journalism once stood for something. Ethics have been replaced by subsidised PR-machines and effectively Weidler has allowed himself to be whored out to the whim of Nasser.

One day the penny will drop at SMH, but how many inches of column will be filled with utter tripe for the message to get through ? Weidler remains blighted by being a sh*t **** at everything he breathes life into. A perenial loser-of-all-trades.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Yeah cause we want throw 500k + at a centre? My god his parents must of paid channel 9 , SMH and his schooling to help him pass and get his jobs. What absolute bollox that he types. god i hope he gets grilled like this guy one day

[video=youtube;Wt9elfwV8cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9elfwV8cU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now Todd Greenberg is a terrible ceo for not throwing all that money at a centre who currently has major defensive flaws in his game? The salary cap is there to stop centres earning more than 350k per year if you have a ceo who is sane.

Why not write an article about Searle paying massive overs for a 20 year old centre that often leaks more tries than he creates or scores, and let one of the better hookers in the game move on to another club, weakening one of the most important positions in a team? Or an article about how Todd Greenberg has turned this club around from a club where the players were running the show, to a club where we are now respected by most for our positive off field deeds rather than because we jumped a cab, got bashed, or shagged Candice in a pub toilet? How he has almost doubled membership from around 7k to almost 14k and brought in millions in sponsorship? Or how if we payed all that money for Idris we would most likely lose Barba and a few more of our promising juniors? No. We lost SBW and Idris because we refused to pay overs for them and would rely on those players alone to win us a comp.

How much media time did his bulldogs in crisis news story about Tandy and Ray Dib get a few weeks back? Nothing from any other media outlet that I know of.

I wish he would headbutt Corey Payne. I would love to Corey Payne him myself. It's on my bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.