Guess the Year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The worst thing about 2001 was getting injuries at the wrong time of year and the Sharks put the cleaners though a injury ravaged side in the semis.

Compare the team in the first post to the team we fielded in the Sharks semi

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Willie Talau
5. Shane Marteene
13 Darren Smith
7. Darrell Trindall
8. Darren Britt
19. Adam Perry
10. Steve Price
18. Willie Mason
12. Jamie Feeney
11. Steve Reardon

9. Corey Hughes
15. Paul Rauhihi
16. Dennis Scott
17. Adam Peek

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I also forgot Jamie Feeney was a reserve in 2001 as was Dennis Scott. I remember Feeney brock Scott Prince's leg in 2001. Man that was bad.
That was painful to watch lol could only imagine the pain Scott Prince was going through the poor bastard.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
The worst thing about 2001 was getting injuries at the wrong time of year and the Sharks put the cleaners though a injury ravaged side in the semis.

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Willie Talau
5. Shane Marteene
13 Darren Smith
7. Darrell Trindall
8. Darren Britt
19. Adam Perry
10. Steve Price
18. Willie Mason
12. Jamie Feeney
11. Steve Reardon

9. Corey Hughes
15. Paul Rauhihi
16. Dennis Scott
17. Adam Peek
Yep they all came at the wrong time - in the spine too. Anasta had an injured thumb I think) and Polla-Mounter suffered an injury that meant he would only play again if the Bulldogs were to make the GF. Sad way to end a career being injured.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That was painful to watch lol could only imagine the pain Scott Prince was going through the poor bastard.
I remember actually hearing the snap when I watched it on TV. It was pretty bad. Then when he returned the following year he actually played pretty well then broke the same leg after only a few games.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember actually hearing the snap when I watched it on TV. It was pretty bad. Then when he returned the following year he actually played pretty well then broke the same leg after only a few games.
Considering he had such a freak run of big injuries at the start of his career, to have amassed 300 NRL games is unbelievably amazing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep they all came at the wrong time - in the spine too. Anasta had an injured thumb I think) and Polla-Mounter suffered an injury that meant he would only play again if the Bulldogs were to make the GF. Sad way to end a career being injured.
Didn’t Polly try a comeback in 2003 or 2004? I think it only lasted a couple of games as I remember watching him at Brookvale in a reserve grade game.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Didn’t Polly try a comeback in 2003 or 2004? I think it only lasted a couple of games as I remember watching him at Brookvale in a reserve grade game.
Yeah in 2004. He had a few games and then got injured so stayed in retirement. He was only 29 when he retired in 2001, he could easily have gone another couple of years. I'm just glad that he was a loyal one-club player, and won a Premiership with us in 1995. It would've been fitting if he did manage to comeback in 2004 and win another one with us though.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Yeah I was at that game...
1st grade was like 50-30 or something like that LOL origin players out and tries galore.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yeah I was at that game...
1st grade was like 50-30 or something like that LOL origin players out and tries galore.
If I got the game right, Andrew Ryan scored 3 tries that game.

Footage of him in this video putting a side-step on Brett Stewart at 0:39

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some facts and memories:

- This was my first year as a kid properly getting into the full NRL season.
- Travis Norton didn't play many games that year. I think he had a season ending injury from memory.
- Brett Howland played a fair few games that year also.
- Rod Silva played 1 game that year in the final round against the Dragons. The next week we played the Dragons again in the finals and I think he was dropped. That would be his last game for us.
- Was a big year for Anasta. Played for Australia later that year and was the intercept king.
Fkn Howland.
Everybody was jerking themselves over his speed “fastest player in the game”. First game I watch him play, he got put into open field, and run down in 20m.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a quick game to pass some time. I'm going to list a team as close as possible and just try and guess the year that team is from.

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Willie Talau
5. Shane Marteene
6. Braith Anasta
7. Darrell Trindall
8. Darren Britt
9. Craig Polla-Mounter
10. Steve Price
11. Steve Reardon
12. Darren Smith
13. Travis Norton

14. Willie Mason
15. Paul Rauhihi
16. Barry Ward
17. Brent Sherwin/Corey Hughes/Glenn Hughes

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I got the game right, Andrew Ryan scored 3 tries that game.

Footage of him in this video putting a side-step on Brett Stewart at 0:39

Fuck, they were aggressive back then.
How I long for those days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Nigel Vagana
4. Willie Talau
5. Shane Marteene
13 Darren Smith
7. Darrell Trindall
8. Darren Britt
19. Adam Perry
10. Steve Price
18. Willie Mason
12. Jamie Feeney
11. Steve Reardon

9. Corey Hughes
15. Paul Rauhihi
16. Dennis Scott
17. Adam Peek
I was at that game at the SFS. Outside of our two most recent grand final losses, that was the most painful game I've ever had to sit through.