Groom

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Give Groom a go. Hopefully he gets some match fitness under his belt and then put a case forward for a FG spot.

Normo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the day where he does debut.I was talking very briefly with him the other week at a pub, I don't know from wg]hat he said, if he is entirely happy with his form. I saw him play the dragons and I thought he was on fire. He should get a run soon. Holdsworth is playing ****. It is just a pitty groom has been off the paddock the last couple of weeks. I think he would of put a strong case for selection this week.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know if this kid can defend?

C

chipandchase

thats the problem, he isnt playing.
folkes has no other options but to play holdsworth at the moment.
hopefully groom can get back on the paddock this week and start pressing for selection

Normo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anyone know if this kid can defend?
He isn't bad. He is pretty small, but he seems to have a good technique, and doesn't shy away from the big boppers. That was my take on him.

Charles Tesse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Groom Has No Chance

As is the case Folkes never plays anyone (hence filiga, isaac luke, o'hara, ngwini and others) have left in recent history.
Folkes never trusts his players and so lets watch Groom kill it in the junior comp while we type away on here applauding and just hoping he playes.
Then when Moore comes in (same mentality as Folkes) he will too do the same thing.
And then Groom will probably end up heading home to the Gold Coast which is the Bulldogs life story.
WAKE UP MANAGEMENT AND COACKING STAFF CHANGE FOR GODS SAKE AND EMPLOY SOME RESPECTABLE COACH!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
If Holdsnone is still not performing when Groom is back to full fitness, they've gotta give him a run don't they?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Groom has been named in NSW cup this week, good luck to him

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn I hope Groom has a blinder this week, and really puts pressure on Folkes to bring him up.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Groom can score 4 tries, set up 7, make 200ms, break the line 8 times, smash the biggest opposition forward and Holdsworth can drop every single ball he touches, kick it out on the full, let in 5 tries and Folkes will still be going..."We can really take positives out of that game" and name Holdsworth over Groom again

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Folkes did say that Roberts and Holdsworth will have first crack at 6 and 7

From that, I assume he will change the combo. Only question is when. I think Holdsworth has had a long enough crack

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sure if Groom was 100% healthy Folkes would have given him a go by now. It's obvious that Holdsworth is totally out of favour but you can't just chuck a kid in there without him being 100% ready.

We'll just have to be a bit more patient.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what bout Craig Trindall?
Dropped too many balls on the weekend I heared. Fair enough for a new club with a new pairing with Groom.

Let's wait and see how he goes this week.

I am so pissed off it is on the same time as U20s. Couldn't they manage the scheduling a bit better than that?

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, make someone responsible for the loss and punt them back to NSW cup
halfback is a position of responsibility.its the little general of the team.all the teams that are struggling seem to have trouble with their halves.holdsworthy has had 5 games to lead the team.apart from his kick game theres not much.
so its not6 a knee jerk reaction...its pretty clear holdsworthy is not a halfback.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all those interested I have been told today from several people within the club Groom will not be playing this week. Sullivan is back and will play.
I had my hopes up from the post from the other poster during the week so went to the trouble of trying to confirm it with some contacts, but apparantly Groom was never in the picture to play this week in FG and will not be.

Just thought some of you guys might want the heads up!

BTW I could not find that thread claiming Groom was playing 100%?

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The likly change this week is Crisp in for Patten.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For all those interested I have been told today from several people within the club Groom will not be playing this week. Sullivan is back and will play.
I had my hopes up from the post from the other poster during the week so went to the trouble of trying to confirm it with some contacts, but apparantly Groom was never in the picture to play this week in FG and will not be.

Just thought some of you guys might want the heads up!

BTW I could not find that thread claiming Groom was playing 100%?
I believe Groom was never even mentioned, this monster was created by the fans only.

Status
Not open for further replies.