Groom

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chipandchase

Barba got Injured on the weekend, but I agree with Groom at 7, just imagine how free would SBW be to have another option.
barba was ok, he played the game out and threw the last pass that was ruled incorrectly forward when we scored.
he would be great as a shock weapon and groom offers us a player who can break the line

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
groom should be in first grade this week at 7
roberts at 6
sullivan at 9
barba on the bench

now we finally have some attacking options apart from Sonny

barba isnt even ready for FG yet... he is still a season away from playing FG

unless if both roberts and DJ get seriously injured than yeah we will likely to see both blanely and groom in the starting lineup

C

chipandchase

barba isnt even ready for FG yet... he is still a season away from playing FG

unless if both roberts and DJ get seriously injured than yeah we will likely to see both blanely and groom in the starting lineup
i disagree barba is ready for first grade, he is the same age as mitchell pierce, and i reckin barba is a better player.
he can handle himself off the bench like Thurston did in his first season

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
no... mitchell pearce has been rushed in pre-maturely by the roosters... he isnt a fully developed player yet...

barba coming off the bench just like how thurston was when he was with us? i dont think so... barba needs time to develop

H

Haztrick

Barba is no where near ready for FG. Next year at the earliest.

I thought I saw Barba get injured a couple of times in the match but he played it out. He should be fine.

-313-

no... mitchell pearce has been rushed in pre-maturely by the roosters... he isnt a fully developed player yet...

barba coming off the bench just like how thurston was when he was with us? i dont think so... barba needs time to develop
Agreed, i think Groom is ready but Barba is about atleast one season away, just look at the players who get rushed in and the runs with injury they have.

Marshall, SBW, Pearce.. etc

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Groom had a fantastic game, he scored a try and kicked 2 goals, he was morethan a handfull in attack, and everytime he took on the line he created lots of space. I can npt wait to see this guy in FG
Thats good to hear.
Folkes wont drop DJ this week going by his history, but if Grooms form continues
then he should be given a shot

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
If anyone, the red haired bloke, he was #12 from the under 20's side (not sure of his name) should be called into our squad. the bloke had a great game, never stopped the whole game. i was very impressed by this kid. cant wait to see him next to SBW, Te Maari, Koups and tootie in the coming years.

Barba had a great game, but took the wrong option on more than a few occasions. Needs more experience before he is ready for NRL, atleast one more year. but definately an incredible talent and our future half...

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats good to hear.
Folkes wont drop DJ this week going by his history, but if Grooms form continues
then he should be given a shot
He won't, but with Groom available as such a great alternative, he should.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i disagree barba is ready for first grade, he is the same age as mitchell pierce, and i reckin barba is a better player.
he can handle himself off the bench like Thurston did in his first season
Dude the guy is tiny...

He would literally get run over by the opposition, he needs another year, and we don't want to risk injury to him and have to persist with him for the rest of his career

-313-

Dude the guy is tiny...

He would literally get run over by the opposition, he needs another year, and we don't want to risk injury to him and have to persist with him for the rest of his career
Agreed,

Barba is not ready for FG, he is atleast a season away.
JT is a classic example, the reason he is who he is is because the dogs held him back till he was ready, too bad we made the wrong decision between him and Anasta.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed,

Barba is not ready for FG, he is atleast a season away.
JT is a classic example, the reason he is who he is is because the dogs held him back till he was ready, too bad we made the wrong decision between him and Anasta.
Well Barba being given a run once or twice, on the bench and in short burst would work.

Thurston debuted for us in 2002 off the bench, but he never cemented a spot, because he needed a lot more experience.

It was only in 2004 when he was ready and Folkes was ready to give him a full season only to have him injured..

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
holdsworth should be in the team - i see in the travis norton mold, but we need a halfback who can turn a match if we need and guide the team
DJ is good, but he hasnt got the spark to do this. Roberts had a good game againat parra but when we needed something special in the second half went missing.....

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Utai seems unfit - you gotta contest the high ball - he just looked at Reddy take it.I would even try zEmelio or winitana on the wing - at least they have a bit of size.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its strange

i thought Holdsworth was one of our better players... the kid has heart and hes one of the few in the team that displayed that second half

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holsworth apparently made 25+ tackles against Parra.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
put groom at half
and rogueflare...every team needs a redhead : )

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Well Barba being given a run once or twice, on the bench and in short burst would work.

Thurston debuted for us in 2002 off the bench, but he never cemented a spot, because he needed a lot more experience.

It was only in 2004 when he was ready and Folkes was ready to give him a full season only to have him injured..
yeah but we played him, thurston out of position at 5/8th and he wasnt doing much since both sherwin and anasta were first and choice receivers and anasta was playing lock

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Groom had a fantastic game, he scored a try and kicked 2 goals, he was morethan a handfull in attack, and everytime he took on the line he created lots of space. I can npt wait to see this guy in FG
Were you at the game?

I didn't expect anyone on here to have seen it since it started 30 minutes earlier than the NRL match.

Status
Not open for further replies.