Groom

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Groom played tonight, in NSW win?

I doubt DJ will be dropped next week by Folkes, but if DJ continues on this form, does anyone agree we might as well throw in Groom into FG?

Last edited by a moderator:

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would get a much quicker and winning result by dumping Utai...

....****....even Phelps will catch a high ball for you, but hey Folksie, let's see what Heka at 103kg and 25cm taller than Utai can ADD to the team in attack as WELL as defence.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah true meant NSW cup.
They won 36-18, and hes been bagging tries everywhere for a while now.

If DJ continues this form Groom should be given a shot?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would get a much quicker and winning result by dumping Utai...

....****....even Phelps will catch a high ball for you, but hey Folksie, let's see what Heka at 103kg and 25cm taller than Utai can ADD to the team in attack as WELL as defence.
Thats another issue.. Our wingers.
But on tonights form Holdsworth did very little at no 7. Apart from little attack he didnt steer or guide the team around.
If Groom is in form he should be given a shot

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
i saw very little of groome in teh dragons trial, but saw some awesome stuff on you tube

I would put him in on that form alone
he runs at the line with teh ball in two hands and keeps the defence guessing....he is still growing as a footballer

He excites me...and he has pace to burn....chased down a runaway morris i think it was in the dragons trial.....very fast kid

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
The only thing Holdsworth adds is a low driving kick to the corner.

Which is very good, teach Groom that then replace the two.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone see Groom on the weekend?
How did he go?

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
i don't think many people would have seen him play, both games were on around the same time, someone correct me if i am wrong.

I don't think Folkes will make many changes to the team after 1 week, he may not even make any. Hopefully Groom is given his opportunity soon though.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Folkes mentality is dont fix whats not broken so its unlikely that groom will be coming up and utai getting dropped for fridays game

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Holdsworth will be given another chance to prove himself..for the timebeing, Groom has to be consistent as he was in the trials to put pressure on the halves.

K

kennyy

Yeah true meant NSW cup.
They won 36-18, and hes been bagging tries everywhere for a while now.

If DJ continues this form Groom should be given a shot?
Yes, make someone responsible for the loss and punt them back to NSW cup

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Utai is the only problem that needs to be addressed immediately. Still liable in defence and against kicks as always, but now even his past strengths don't seem to be there either.

Holdsworth should be given at least 2 more games or so to prove himself.

K

kennyy

Utai is the only problem that needs to be addressed immediately. Still liable in defence and against kicks as always, but now even his past strengths don't seem to be there either.

Holdsworth should be given at least 2 more games or so to prove himself.
Its like every teams backup plan. If u cant go thru the middle against us cus of our SUPERIOUR ruck defense just pin point kicks at utai = try

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Its like every teams backup plan. If u cant go thru the middle against us cus of our SUPERIOUR ruck defense just pin point kicks at utai = try
Everytime they lined up a bomb, my heart just sank. It's true though, Utai used to have positives that levelled out his defence weaknesses, but I just can't see the advantages of having him there anymore. His runs aren't as damaging anymore.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work with Reece Blaney's dad (#6 in our NSW Cup side)... and reckons Groomy had a great game.... also reckons (all bias aside) that Reece and Aaron work well together. Reece had a good game too.

-313-

Groom had a fantastic game, he scored a try and kicked 2 goals, he was morethan a handfull in attack, and everytime he took on the line he created lots of space. I can npt wait to see this guy in FG

C

chipandchase

Groom had a fantastic game, he scored a try and kicked 2 goals, he was morethan a handfull in attack, and everytime he took on the line he created lots of space. I can npt wait to see this guy in FG
groom should be in first grade this week at 7
roberts at 6
sullivan at 9
barba on the bench

now we finally have some attacking options apart from Sonny

-313-

groom should be in first grade this week at 7
roberts at 6
sullivan at 9
barba on the bench

now we finally have some attacking options apart from Sonny
Barba got Injured on the weekend, but I agree with Groom at 7, just imagine how free would SBW be to have another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.