Rumour Grant decides on his future ( Melbourne)

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Hes still clearly at the top of his game and clearly better than those 2. Melbourne are waiting for him, they can easily ask him to hurry up but they arent going do that. They are giving him the time to decide because they are hoping he stays. I dont get how he can be seen as arrogant, and even if he is arrogant, hes the greatest player the game has seen.

I’m gonna take it that blokes who say Smith is arrogant and should retire have obviously played with him at Melbourne, Aus or QLD cause they seem to know so much about him. They also must know that current and ex players who have said he is the best player they have seen or played with are lying. Salty cocksuckers is all this Italian stallion can say. And I don’t even like Melbourne

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m gonna take it that blokes who say Smith is arrogant and should retire have obviously played with him at Melbourne, Aus or QLD cause they seem to know so much about him. They also must know that current and ex players who have said he is the best player they have seen or played with are lying. Salty cocksuckers is all this Italian stallion can say. And I don’t even like Melbourne
Love him or hate him, you want him in your team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The longer Cameron Smith withholds making an announcement the more I think he'll play on. It wouldn't surprise me if the Storm are trying to extend the other two before announcing that C. Smith has extend for a year.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another possibility of Cameron holding off is Maybe come negotiations window next month, clubs will need to start finalising their recruitments for the season 22. If they wait for grant and cheese not knowing their intent then they need to look elsewhere. Melbourne then have time to negotiate with their players whether C Smith retires or not at their terms and pace.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hes still clearly at the top of his game and clearly better than those 2. Melbourne are waiting for him, they can easily ask him to hurry up but they arent going do that. They are giving him the time to decide because they are hoping he stays. I dont get how he can be seen as arrogant, and even if he is arrogant, hes the greatest player the game has seen.
I agree he’s better but reality is he’s probably only better for maybe another year (maybe longer the way he’s going who knows). As a club if you have to make a recruitment decision based on smith for another 1 year or grant for the next 5 you want to be able to make that decision with enough time to put the clubs interests ahead of one player

I’m not stating anything new here. That the topic everyone is talking about. If he’s made the decision and the club are keeping it under wraps then great. If he’s claiming that by this end of the season he doesn’t know how his mind and body are feeling then I’ll stand by my ‘opinion’

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he’s better but reality is he’s probably only better for maybe another year (maybe longer the way he’s going who knows). As a club if you have to make a recruitment decision based on smith for another 1 year or grant for the next 5 you want to be able to make that decision with enough time to put the clubs interests ahead of one player

I’m not stating anything new here. That the topic everyone is talking about. If he’s made the decision and the club are keeping it under wraps then great. If he’s claiming that by this end of the season he doesn’t know how his mind and body are feeling then I’ll stand by my ‘opinion’
The way he plays, seems like hes got 5 good years left :tearsofjoy:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No what I’m saying is that if he’s intentionally holding off making a decision which may affect the team and these 2 players in succession planning then he’s arrogant.

Don’t be calling anyone a cocksucker for having an opinion you peanut. Agree to disagree and move on.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats what I hope to see the dogs doing again soon!! Its easy to hate the storm, but theres no denying their quality.
Mate back in the Steve Flokes coaching days we used to be the benchmark of all teams in regards to succession planning for the future. Let’s hope we can get back to those glory days sooner rather than later hey!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well there goes that idea any suggestions?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate back in the Steve Flokes coaching days we used to be the benchmark of all teams in regards to succession planning for the future. Let’s hope we can get back to those glory days sooner rather than later hey!
I know right. We have really gone away from that it seems. We were a powerhouse for 30 yeats for fucks sake Hopefully!!! I used to brag about it. Hopefully that will change soon!!!

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Brandon Smith one of my favourite players in the Comp to watch
Not sure I’m liking all the off field media stuff - a character, for sure - but rather his focus be on footy if he’s going to succeed long term
I think there’s a few warning signs out there that he might lose focus over time

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, you want him in your team.
Except if it means going for Melb or QLD....also found it hard to watch him captain Aust.... but that might have been down to all the scar tissue caused by his success....

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but did anybody else see in "Hoops Online Chat" today that the tip at the moment is that Cameron Smith will go around again for the Storm next year. IF....there is any truth to that we might just have a chance to make a play for Harry Grant.

That is a very big IF though. For me, Smith is still at the peak of his powers and is making the game look easy. He could definitely go around again as long as his mindset is right. Who knows, after celebrating the grand final win maybe one more year with Bellamy might be attractive too him?

If Grant does become available we need TBaz, Laundy and everyone associated with the club to pull out all the stops to sign him. I'd go as far to say offer whatever $$ it takes, even if it means promoting a couple of base wage juniors into our Top 30 for next year then balance it out the following year when we have a heap of players off contract.

We could build a team around him. He could (nearly) guarantee we are a top 8 team for the next 10 years

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but did anybody else see in "Hoops Online Chat" today that the tip at the moment is that Cameron Smith will go around again for the Storm next year. IF....there is any truth to that we might just have a chance to make a play for Harry Grant.

That is a very big IF though. For me, Smith is still at the peak of his powers and is making the game look easy. He could definitely go around again as long as his mindset is right. Who knows, after celebrating the grand final win maybe one more year with Bellamy might be attractive too him?

If Grant does become available we need TBaz, Laundy and everyone associated with the club to pull out all the stops to sign him. I'd go as far to say offer whatever $$ it takes, even if it means promoting a couple of base wage juniors into our Top 30 for next year then balance it out the following year when we have a heap of players off contract.

We could build a team around him. He could (nearly) guarantee we are a top 8 team for the next 10 years
A great opportunity if true and the fact cam has taken so long youd think means he’s playing on

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The longer Cameron Smith withholds making an announcement the more I think he'll play on. It wouldn't surprise me if the Storm are trying to extend the other two before announcing that C. Smith has extend for a year.
Exactly what I was thinking!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Have to agree with that. To me the longer this goes on the more it means he's staying on.

Harry Grant has to be our target. Let the Tigers take JAC.
Tigers might hold onto Grant for another year and JAC may stay at Melbourne if that scenario unfolds... Then melbourne could table an offer to Nofoluma or someone they wanted and await an outcome they want before letting Josh go and getting Grant back in 2022

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigers might hold onto Grant for another year and JAC may stay at Melbourne if that scenario unfolds... Then melbourne could table an offer to Nofoluma or someone they wanted and await an outcome they want before letting Josh go and getting Grant back in 2022
Togers cant it was a loan deal from melb only and grant has clauses in his contract if cam plays on he can go

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The longer this goes on the more it must be unlikely for Smith to retire. He clearly at the very least doesn't want to retire, otherwise he'd have announced it before or immediately after the GF. Perhaps then the hold up is he is seeing how the body is doing, how he is pulling up after another season, and trying to gauge if he can do it again. If he decides that he can, he 100% will.