Rumour Grant decides on his future ( Melbourne)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If I was Smith I'd just straight up troll everyone and not even announce my retirement and go on unsigned. Imagine the fucking meltdown some ***** would have over it lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The longer this goes on the more it must be unlikely for Smith to retire. He clearly at the very least doesn't want to retire, otherwise he'd have announced it before or immediately after the GF. Perhaps then the hold up is he is seeing how the body is doing, how he is pulling up after another season, and trying to gauge if he can do it again. If he decides that he can, he 100% will.
I'd say the holdup is much more likely to be about Grant and B Smith, rather than him. The Storm will be scrambling big-time trying to get those guys to stick around. No Smith announcement will be forthcoming till those twos future is sorted .... Imo

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say the holdup is much more likely to be about Grant and B Smith, rather than him. The Storm will be scrambling big-time trying to get those guys to stick around. No Smith announcement will be forthcoming till those twos future is sorted .... Imo
That could be the case. If we hear word from those two about their futures and then we hear from CSmith that he is going around again, it would tend to strengthen this as a possibility.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its possible cam smith will go around again, especially if they are based on the sunny coast again.
We should be in grants ears linnning him up in case.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With no Bellamy or CSmith plus their CEO is off to the Donkeys, should be interesting.

Go Dogs
I have been suggesting this for a while now.. What attraction is there for a gun player to go to Melbourne with no Bellamy and no "big four"??? They have been a powerhouse for 15+ years but will definitely not be the same club once they are gone next year, nor will they be top 4 certainty's, so why go or stay there?

I think its a smorgasbord of talent we should be attacking before Bellamy rapes the roster for the 2nd Brisbane team...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst Smith reserves the right to take his time to make an important decision on his future, its now getting to the point of disrespect... these younger blokes need to sort out their futures.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FFS even if Cam Smith does go around again, Trent Baz should be in Harry Grants managers ear about at the very least getting him on a loan deal like the Tigers were able to get him on for one season and then re-assess for 2022.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More of a reason for players not to choose Melbourne initially and most importantly not to renew at “cheap” rates.

Go Dogs
U still wont give up and meet your fate that bellamy and the storm are bigger than the players, and your just a sour dirty old sock ya bum.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
U still wont give up and meet your fate that bellamy and the storm are bigger than the players, and your just a sour dirty old sock ya bum.
According to Bellamy he won't be there after next season, CSmith certainly won't be and the CEO is already gone. So there's not a lot going to be left of "Melbourne". The Storm is losing its lightning and thunder, nothing more than a typical Melbourne drizzle.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
According to Bellamy he won't be there after next season, CSmith certainly won't be and the CEO is already gone. So there's not a lot going to be left of "Melbourne". The Storm is losing its lightning and thunder, nothing more than a typical Melbourne drizzle.

Go Dogs
Grant is a fine replacement for C. Smith, he'll be one of the best hookers for the next 10 years imo. B. Smith leaving is replaceable due to the current role he's playing, I'm not quite sure how he hasn't been used as a starting lock. I think B. Smith will be the one leaving the Storm if not next year the year after due to his desire to play hooker. Bellamy's the big one, they've been able to replace players with little to no issue, coach we haven't seen before.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Grant is a fine replacement for C. Smith, he'll be one of the best hookers for the next 10 years imo. B. Smith leaving is replaceable due to the current role he's playing, I'm not quite sure how he hasn't been used as a starting lock. I think B. Smith will be the one leaving the Storm if not next year the year after due to his desire to play hooker. Bellamy's the big one, they've been able to replace players with little to no issue, coach we haven't seen before.
Chris Anderson was the coach for Melbourne's first premiership in 1999, Mark Murray afterwards for 3 years unsuccessfully (mostly due to the rotating door back office) and then Bellamy from 2003.

Go Dogs