Grand Theft Auto IV Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a good thing. It'll take a while to get use to but it's the best once you do. The graphics aren't too bad. Assassin's Creed had better graphics TBH but it's still awesome to look at, especially at night.
Yeah, it feels a lot more realistic... there is just a bit of a learning curve, especially if you are used to GTA3... I have already lost count on how many times I've gone flying through the windscreen!

And don't get me wrong, the graphics look great! But for graphics whores there are lot better games to look at (Assassins Creed being a very good example)...

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it feels a lot more realistic... there is just a bit of a learning curve, especially if you are used to GTA3... I have already lost count on how many times I've gone flying through the windscreen!

And don't get me wrong, the graphics look great! But for graphics whores there are lot better games to look at (Assassins Creed being a very good example)...
You, and myself included, need to learn that we can't "floor it" anymore. The breaks can't seem to keep up. Although the cop cars have good breaks.

Speaking of cars, do a burn out for as long as you can, doesn't take that long, and watch the tyres bust.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Ghost Recon 2 is still the best PS3 game i own IMO

But I liking GTA4 TBH

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ghost Recon 2 is still the best PS3 game i own IMO

But I liking GTA4 TBH
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 pwns it.

You like GTA? You should love it TBH. Best game I've ever played.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You, and myself included, need to learn that we can't "floor it" anymore. The breaks can't seem to keep up. Although the cop cars have good breaks.

Speaking of cars, do a burn out for as long as you can, doesn't take that long, and watch the tyres bust.
Damn straight! Flooring it isn't so much of a problem... You just gotta start breaking heaps early... plus you can just rip the hand break and slide effortlessly around a corner at full speed anymore... actually, I'm finding the handbrake to be almost useless... a quick tap puts you sideways, but you wipe off so much speed while sliding that you are better off not using it at all!

And I will definitely try that... (already did a burnout, but I didn't sit on it for long enough I guess...)...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 pwns it.

You like GTA? You should love it TBH. Best game I've ever played.
I just started playing it like 30 minutes ago

Im eating lunch in front of the PC and when Im done Ill be banging Michelle yes sir :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Damn straight! Flooring it isn't so much of a problem... You just gotta start breaking heaps early... plus you can just rip the hand break and slide effortlessly around a corner at full speed anymore... actually, I'm finding the handbrake to be almost useless... a quick tap puts you sideways, but you wipe off so much speed while sliding that you are better off not using it at all!

And I will definitely try that... (already did a burnout, but I didn't sit on it for long enough I guess...)...
I've noticed that with the handbreak too. It just slides in random directions. I tried to handbreak a corner only to end up doing a 180.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that with the handbreak too. It just slides in random directions. I tried to handbreak a corner only to end up doing a 180.
Yeah and that's one of the big differences that I am not all that happy with... in GTA3 I practically never EVER used the normal breaks... I relied completely on the handbrake for all my driving maneuver's... and would fly around the streets like a professional stunt driver! Gone are those days... I am sure I'll get used to it (and learn to love it too)!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Almost one week on. How's everyone finding the game?

I honestly believe that it's the best game I have ever played. I have a few complaints but the good far, far, far, far outweighs the bad.

matodorx

SNAAAAAAAKE!!!
Reaction score
i dont own a ps3 , but im buying one next week .. what other good games are recommended for ps3 ?
Apart from GTA IV ,definately uncharted drakes fortune great action game phenomanel graphics ,Rachet and Clank-funny as ,also great gameplay

Mustang

lol
Reaction score
Almost one week on. How's everyone finding the game?

I honestly believe that it's the best game I have ever played. I have a few complaints but the good far, far, far, far outweighs the bad.
TBH i agree. BEST game ever (atm)

J

jamesyd81

TBH i agree. BEST game ever (atm)

this game is so addictive .. i cant get sick of it ... i jus did over a bank and got 250,000 bucks... 33% completed which is about 48missions...67% to go:whacky: just wondering has any1 finished the game yet!!!

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Online play is ok, just hard to get a match started with your mates. Story mode fcuking kills it though. The execution thing is SOOOO COOOOOOOLLLL lol

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this game is so addictive .. i cant get sick of it ... i jus did over a bank and got 250,000 bucks... 33% completed which is about 48missions...67% to go:whacky: just wondering has any1 finished the game yet!!!
"Three leaf clover" yeah?

Only of very few complaints I have is they give you so much money for the missions but what can you spend the money on?

PS: www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com put that in at TW@.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
^^yeah I found those on that gta website how cool is that!
That site is very handy for Stevie's requests. I won't spoil it but has Stevie called you yet?

J

jamesyd81

"Three leaf clover" yeah?

Only of very few complaints I have is they give you so much money for the missions but what can you spend the money on?

PS: www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com put that in at TW@.
how far into the game r u ...? are you shore you cant buy anything like houses or cars ,boats even a helicopter ... you could before in gta3 ....also i dont want to use the cheat cause apparently you dont open up the whole game..so im doin it the hard way:p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
how far into the game r u ...? are you shore you cant buy anything like houses or cars ,boats even a helicopter ... you could before in gta3 ....also i dont want to use the cheat cause apparently you dont open up the whole game..so im doin it the hard way:p
You can buys cars of the internet but what's the point? You can buy clothes and food and that's about it.

Cheats doesn't lock anything. It only disables achievements on the 360. So if you don't care about achievements, it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.