News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is off-contract at the end of 2025.

Canterbury Bulldogs director of football has dropped a cryptic clue suggesting the club will aim to re-sign recently recruited forward Josh Curran to a new deal.

The forward was released by the New Zealand Warriors late in the most recent off-season having dropped down the pecking order in Auckland during 2023.

The 2024 season has seen Curran arrive at Belmore, where he will undoubtedly have a large role to play throughout the course of the campaign.

Gould has always suggested Curran is destined for big things, and was at one point a big fan of the idea for Curran to fight his way into the New South Wales State of Origin side.

That is yet to happen, but responding to a fan on X (formerly known as Twitter) when asked whether the Bulldogs were weighing up a long-term deal for Curran, Gould said Curran has always looked like a Bulldog.
IMG_3962.jpegIMG_3963.jpeg

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to hand it to Gus with all the off season recruits they have been spot on.
Every single recruit has bought into the bulldogs culture and they have all brought something to the table .

Josh Curran has been huge for us .

Still think we can push the storm all the way , I want to see if ciraldo brings our attacking game from the get go again this week.

We have Taffe and Morrin back in the 17 next week.

Our team will be more than competitive this week going by our teams effort in 2024.

Don’t be fooled by the NRL ladder half the teams above us with three wins have had a bye we are well within reach.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of him before we signed him. I just don't follow other teams much these days. But I thought he's a beast from the first run I saw him make in our colours. Hope he keeps up the good form and stays with us a long time.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another dog shit news article based on one 3 day old tweet. Journalism at it's finest.
True, but it's still great info especially for us old guys who don't have Twitter

This article, led to this thread has given me this info I wouldn't have otherwise known.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've always rated Curran and was stoked when we signed him. He's lived up to expectations and brought what he always has.. Toughness, aggression and competitiveness as well as good skill for a forward. Gus won't be letting him go and he'll get extended in due course.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, but it's still great info especially for us old guys who don't have Twitter

This article, led to this thread has given me this info I wouldn't have otherwise known.
There's already a long running thread on here with all Gus' tweets so this 3 day old tweet has already been discussed. It's an absolute nothing burger anyway.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But he didn’t want to be here, no other team wanted him…….didn’t Gus see the fake smile.
Mate, I remember listening to Spencer Lenius' podcast with Mansour explaining how "God made" him choose Roosters over the dogs.

He was so monotonic in his answer. Curran obviously wants to be here. Leniu doesn't seem like he doesn't even want to be at the chooks.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s been good the 1yr & 2yr deals that Gus has been handing out to the imports… prove yourself & you’ll get a longer & no doubt a beefed up deal! Case in point Max King & Presto!

Mann, Curran etc all on 2yr deals, no doubt will be extended based on their early season form!!

Funny now that a few clubs have lost their marquee players due to injuries are not laughing at the Dogs anymore due to signing so many “Utilities” & “Depth” rather than quality like the f’wits at Scumgraph suggested.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It’s a positive article too explaining the importance of Curran to our future team. No idea why anyone would be negative towards it.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tough competitor, does not give an inch. Yes he does look like a Bulldog.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kid plays with heart. Reminds me like a mixture of David Stagg and Greg Eastwood. Easily the best 13 we have and poor bloke is playing more prop then 13 with our lack of big boppers.

Last edited: