News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox League from Fox Sports
August 4th, 2023 5:02 pm
Former Titans coach Justin Holbrook has admitted he almost returned to the Super League before deciding to stay in Australia and sign a three-year deal with the Roosters.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phil Gould’s recruitment for 2024 is questionable. Crichton is a decent pick up & if SST body holds up, I’d include him but the rest are dog average. They won’t make a huge difference unless you think going from 15th to 12th is a significant difference.
How have the rorters gone this year mate? I'd argue we have actually performed better given team lists and injuries.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I know most that wanted Justin for the fact that he might have helped sway Tino to us, but let’s be honest if Tino wants to come to the dogs he will without Justin, also I actually won’t lose any sleep because we never signed Holbrook, let’s be frank here he was punted from GC for nosewhistle, imo he failed miserably at the tits. Probably would’ve helped us in our attack but I think our attack isn’t a big issue. Our defence is what needs attention, and Holbrook was shown the door because his defensive structures at the tits was horrible. Either way no bothered by him not joining us.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon roosters would have said to him if Robinson under performs next year your our head coach. He wants to be a head coach.
Can see a situation where Holbrook takes over from Robinson coaching the Rorters and Robinson takes over from Fittler coaching NSW. Maybe not 2024 but decent chance in 2025 if Rorters misfire again next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can't believe we missed out :sob:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It would of been good to get him attack wise but the Titans defense under him was really bad and defense is a major issue at the club and has been for awhile. Needs desperate fixing with better defensive assistants. Holbrook isn’t that

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In typical Godfather Style …

I’m sure uncle Nick made him an offer he couldn’t refuse ..

Image1691137564.410856.jpg