News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon if you spoke to both Gus and CC they would both agree that CC still has to develop as a FG coach. Like the Dogs getting some experienced players e.g Reynolds around the young playmakers, there’s nothing wrong with getting an experienced coach that CC can learn from also.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is more of an insurance policy bro. Going off recent times, CC won't last and get sacked. Having JH here will minimise damage and can take over instantly.

Plus like mentioned before, if he entices Tino to come over then it's even better.
That’s nonsense

I can’t understand why the hate on ciraldo .

Was this season really going to be one we could challenge for the top 8?

Maybe if remained injury free and had our best 17 to pick from each week, results would have been better but the squad still had glaring weaknesses

Would you prefer a coach that’s just there for results or someone that’s starting to demand high standards from his roster and establishing the infrastructure to build on those standards ?

In my opinion , this seasons been rather successfully because we can finally weed out the trash , ciraldo gets a better understanding of the calibre of players and he also gets experience as a head coach

We only see the 80 minutes of football and pass judgement on the results but there is so much more than goes into an operation and you need a lot of things go your way in order to achieve success and one of the key criteria is getting a higher calibre of personnel into your organisation and this is definitely steps in the right direction

For the record , nexts years squad has the potential to challenge the top 8 and with some luck that’s exactly what we should expect ,anything less then questions can be asked .

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why did Gus fly up there then??? Surely it’s to talk to Tino
Probably to get told by Tino to piss off

Gus has Cleary lost his aura.We’re paying him HUGE money to supposedly go out and land us these reel big fish.

And no don’t give me the “but but he landed fox and kikau!” Bs. We are paying them more money than a winger or second rower should ever earn. That’s why we got them

We need him to land the premium halfback, rockstar fullback or big daddy prop like hass or Tino but he’s coming up empty handed again and again

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Gus has Cleary lost his aura.We’re paying him HUGE money to supposedly go out and land us these reel big fish.

And no don’t give me the “but but he landed fox and kikau!” Bs. We are paying them more money than a winger or second rower should ever earn. That’s why we got them

We need him to land the premium halfback, rockstar fullback or big daddy prop like hass or Tino but he’s coming up empty handed again and again
You legit think Tino is on the market?

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fotuaika would be a good get
Maybe Gus knows Fotuaika is the most likely out of the 3 to move and all the other noise about Tino and Hass is just that

I wouldn't be surprised if the noise about Tino and Hass is a smokescreen and the real targets are Fotuaika and Jordan Riki. Someone mentioned on her were are very very interested in Riki

Both Riki and Fotuaika would be due an upgrade next contract and if Tino and Hass get upgraded, that could give us a chance to put good offers that the GC and Broncos can't match to entice them away??

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Put your floppy shoes on and stick to juggling

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Gus knows Fotuaika is the most likely out of the 3 to move and all the other noise about Tino and Hass is just that

I wouldn't be surprised if the noise about Tino and Hass is a smokescreen and the real targets are Fotuaika and Jordan Riki. Someone mentioned on her were are very very interested in Riki

Both Riki and Fotuaika would be due an upgrade next contract and if Tino and Hass get upgraded, that could give us a chance to put good offers that the GC and Broncos can't match to entice them away??
10. Fotuaika
11. Riki
12. Kikau
13. Preston
Would be pretty solid.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s nonsense

I can’t understand why the hate on ciraldo .

Was this season really going to be one we could challenge for the top 8?

Maybe if remained injury free and had our best 17 to pick from each week, results would have been better but the squad still had glaring weaknesses

Would you prefer a coach that’s just there for results or someone that’s starting to demand high standards from his roster and establishing the infrastructure to build on those standards ?

In my opinion , this seasons been rather successfully because we can finally weed out the trash , ciraldo gets a better understanding of the calibre of players and he also gets experience as a head coach

We only see the 80 minutes of football and pass judgement on the results but there is so much more than goes into an operation and you need a lot of things go your way in order to achieve success and one of the key criteria is getting a higher calibre of personnel into your organisation and this is definitely steps in the right direction

For the record , nexts years squad has the potential to challenge the top 8 and with some luck that’s exactly what we should expect ,anything less then questions can be asked .
What proof is there that CC demands high standards? All evidence points to him rewarding players with low standards.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
how does that make sense when the titans couldn’t defend and holbrook was sacked?
Got to be an improvement in what we have now. I don’t recall the titans copping 66-0 losses. And Holbrook did alright in the ESL.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hey Flop, we’re not paying him big money to land big fish! We’re paying him money to create pathways and build the foundations of our club to produce and develop players of the future. What he does outside of that is a bonus.

Go hang out with Nasheed and play dress ups or something.