News Gould, Ciraldo meet with Justin Holbrook in attempt to sign Tino

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I was actually thinking this is a great plan when the assistant leaves.
Your name is "Rebuilding phase" and you refer to ciraldo as the assistant and suggest that a recently sacked coach from a struggling team should take over? That will do me. You may as well change your avatar to a fucking clown and support the Dolphins.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain to me this whole fascination with Holbrook? What am I missing? What has he exactly achieved so far? If he couldn’t get a team containing stars like Brimson, Foran, Fifita, Tino, Fotuaika, Campbell to fire, what’s the appeal?

The “assistant” as most of you like to call him sits only one win behind this so called messiah with a much lesser squad
100% agree. I find it incredibly disrespectful tbh. I will back ciraldo until the end.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain to me this whole fascination with Holbrook? What am I missing? What has he exactly achieved so far? If he couldn’t get a team containing stars like Brimson, Foran, Fifita, Tino, Fotuaika, Campbell to fire, what’s the appeal?

The “assistant” as most of you like to call him sits only one win behind this so called messiah with a much lesser squad
His coaching resume is pretty good. NSW cup premiership, Australian u21s, Roosters assistant coach around or after 2013 can't remember exactly when, StHelens premierships, changing their attack structure and still being successful after losing Barba. I'd be stoked if he came to us as an assistant, even if it's short term.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Your name is "Rebuilding phase" and you refer to ciraldo as the assistant and suggest that a recently sacked coach from a struggling team should take over? That will do me. You may as well change your avatar to a fucking clown and support the Dolphins.
He is more of an insurance policy bro. Going off recent times, CC won't last and get sacked. Having JH here will minimise damage and can take over instantly.

Plus like mentioned before, if he entices Tino to come over then it's even better.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is more of an insurance policy bro. Going off recent times, CC won't last and get sacked. Having JH here will minimise damage and can take over instantly.

Plus like mentioned before, if he entices Tino to come over then it's even better.
Absolutely no chance Ciraldo will get sacked. I just cant see it happening. All the structures that are being built within the club will provide him with everything he needs to be successful. All the doubters will end up with egg on their faces.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Issue with that is if Holbrook comes into the coaching fold as an assistant then gets the call up for a 1st grade gig elsewhere… he’ll probably tap in on our many top 30 players we’ve currently got & entice them with him…..

Can’t take that risk
Nasheed here,
Usually when you put someone like this as an assistant they are an insurance policy of things go wrong with head coach. He steps up automatically.
Clubs way of having a condom in their wallet.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt getting Holbrook has anything to do with Tino, it's about improving our coaching ranks and surrounding Ciraldo with the best people available.
Absolutely, most clubs now have an NRL ready coach as an assistant… takes a lot of pressure off the head coach and highly beneficial for the players

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is admirable bro but I can't back someone who picked a park footballer for 18 weeks as our FB because he "talks".
As much as you want to hate, like all of us, you have no idea of his reasoning for doing so. I agree perham is shit, but as a coach you need to decide how you want to manage your team, and stick to it. Especially when the strategic goal is long term. You can't just change everything because things aren't going your way.
Players need to be managed, and the coach must decide how he wants to do this long term and then stick to the process. He is trying to install faith in his players, while pushing them to succeed, and giving them every chance do so.
Unfortunately impatient fans would rather shitcan him instead of playing the long game and showing faith in the process.
Gus has been saying we need to be patient since day dot. He said it would get worse before it got better, and guess what? It did. But again, fans choose to block this out because it's easier to be angry and blame anyone and everyone. Your entitled to do this, but for what does it serve? It's pointless. It won't change anything.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So exactly why did Holbrook get the bullet? It was because of poor results.
Is that a good reason to appoint him?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Holbrook had huge wraps before going to the titans. He was the number one up and coming coach/ non nrl premiership winning head coach. Things didn't pan out as well as expected at titans but they made the finals one year where they went on a big winning streak and should have gone further we're robbed in the game against the chooks. If he wasn't sacked they still could have made the finals this year. With the win over the cowboys still might. That could have been 2 finals appearances from 3 years which isn't too bad. I think problems with the titans is cultural as well look at the afl team they have never even made the finals ever. The decision to sack him was also probably panic at the thought of St George or maybe Newcastle signing des first. In short think he would be a good addition either as assistant or if DT goes coach our cup side to 2 or 3 straight before moving on.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could it be DUAL HEAD COACHES, with the carrot TINO???
This is some cuck shit that only us could actually try. Same as the coaches on here that think we should run 4 halves and swap all the backline out mid game cause we have 3 Billy slaters sitting on the bench

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Holbrook did a great job at titans & it was ridiculous he was assassinated by a woke CEO when the club was going to be a real chance of top 8 this season. 2 of their best players had coach retention clauses so he is well regarded by senior players. I think he will sit really well as an assistant and keep Ciraldo on his toes if he chooses us.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Gus quietly promises to fuck off coach clueless early I think you’ll find Holbrook will sign with an ESL, likely Warrington