Gould Blows up, runs Training session

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah he’s on uncle Nicks payroll. Ask yourself how all these players with links to the roosters are in the media. Anasta, Cronk (though he’s actually decent), Ruan Simms, SBW. Not sure if I’ve missed anyone else
Fletcher

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah he’s on uncle Nicks payroll. Ask yourself how all these players with links to the roosters are in the media. Anasta, Cronk (though he’s actually decent), Ruan Simms, SBW. Not sure if I’ve missed anyone else
Bryan Fletcher too and Finch before his paedo charges..

BelmoreNest

New Pup
Reaction score
A silly move by Gus Gould, his now been draw into the fiasco which he should have avoided as General Manager of this football club.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
[emoji599]EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould Responds[emoji599]

Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has played down reports that he is taking a more hands on approach from embattled coach Trent Barrett.

Gould ran a training session on Tuesday in the wake of last weekend's late collapse against Brisbane, increasing speculation that Barrett is on the skids.

Gould explained that it was actually Barrett's idea for the players to hear a different voice at training.

Barrett is under pressure - but has Gould and the club's support for the immediate future.

"Trent asked me to present some data to the players before the Broncos game last week," Gould explained to Wide World of Sports.

"We got a good reaction. He wanted to give it another go this week, which we did. It was an honest appraisal.

"I was then talking to Trent in the middle of the field while players were doing some skill drills.

They were a bit sluggish to start the week and I said to Trent they needed a liven up.

"He threw me his whistle. I was wearing jeans. It was a bit of fun and something different for the players. Not sure that my 1980s approach will change the world, but it was fun.

"I would do anything Trent asked me to do. (The story was a) huge over-reaction, but that's typical."

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
[emoji599]EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould Responds[emoji599]

Bulldogs supremo Phil Gould has played down reports that he is taking a more hands on approach from embattled coach Trent Barrett.

Gould ran a training session on Tuesday in the wake of last weekend's late collapse against Brisbane, increasing speculation that Barrett is on the skids.

Gould explained that it was actually Barrett's idea for the players to hear a different voice at training.

Barrett is under pressure - but has Gould and the club's support for the immediate future.

"Trent asked me to present some data to the players before the Broncos game last week," Gould explained to Wide World of Sports.

"We got a good reaction. He wanted to give it another go this week, which we did. It was an honest appraisal.

"I was then talking to Trent in the middle of the field while players were doing some skill drills.

They were a bit sluggish to start the week and I said to Trent they needed a liven up.

"He threw me his whistle. I was wearing jeans. It was a bit of fun and something different for the players. Not sure that my 1980s approach will change the world, but it was fun.

"I would do anything Trent asked me to do. (The story was a) huge over-reaction, but that's typical."
Paul C---nt just read this out on 360, basically brushed it of because it didn't suit his Agenda..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Paul C---nt just read this out on 360, basically brushed it of because it didn't suit his Agenda..
It’s not as dramatic as Kient makes it out to be (charged through the doors, tore strips off the players)

And, it’s not as casual as Gus is making it out to be ‘threw me the whistle’ ‘bit of a laugh’

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck I would love these Wank's Invite Gus on one night, he would chew these c---nuts up and spit them out...
He has forgotten more than these dicks know.
Would love to see it. He would have them bamboozled in two mins.

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Another rubbish article.

This stuff happens in every work place. If you need a hand or another point of view, you ask someone, you get help, and they are usually more experienced or higher in the food chain. Hey journos, its called collaboration.

The conversation probably went something like this:

Baz: hey Gus, we dissected that game yesterday, I think the boys might get something out of it if you ran this video session today. What do you think?

Gus: Sure. Sounds good.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all Trents fault, our halves are young and our attack is suffering because of it.
33 missed tackles needs the most scrutiny, we need 80 minutes of crunch.