Google Home etc

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi All,

I see google home minis are now down to $49, a price where I was thinking about getting one.

A colleague uses one of these devices to add to shopping lists etc using some sort of app, and generally swears by it as a good thing to have around the home.

I'm not really tech savvy, so would appreciate any feedback anyone has about having one of these types of devices in the house (whether it be Google, Amazon, Apple etc)... Thanks.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
one of those gadgets where you live your life happily without them cos you never needed the,, but once you get hooked onto and get dependent on them you can not live without them.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think amazon is supposed to be the best? Use Apple if you are paranoid though (compared to google)

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
one of those gadgets where you live your life happily without them cos you never needed the,, but once you get hooked onto and get dependent on them you can not live without them.
True. There are so many things you can buy like that.

I should get around to first trying to work out why my $200 TV headphones won't work.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a bigger waste of money.

One of the most pointless inventions of the 21st century.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't think of a bigger waste of money.

One of the most pointless inventions of the 21st century.
My brother has got one and it does every thing for him other than sucking his dick.

He talks to it more than he talks to his kids.

She keeps his appointments, tells him what the weather is like, traffic conditions, which store has the best deals going on, where to buy his grocery etc etc.

She also tells him jokes, sing for him and sometime solves his psychological problems

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My brother has got one and it does every thing for him other than sucking his dick.

She keeps his appointments, tells him what the weather is like, traffic conditions, which store has the best deals going on, where to buy his grocery etc etc.

She also tells him jokes, sing for him and sometime solves his psychological problems
I'm sure one of the many Google iOS apps can help him with all that shit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah I've got a family member with one as well. Thing is useless and doesn't really do much that you can't already do with a smart phone.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I've got a family member with one as well. Thing is useless and doesn't really do much that you can't already do with a smart phone.

do the smart phones turn the lights on and off?

Wahesh

Reaction score
do the smart phones turn the lights on and off?
If this thing does it by hooking up to the internet, I'm sure the phones can too. But I don't need something else to do that for me because I'm not a fat lazy ****.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this thing does it by hooking up to the internet, I'm sure the phones can too. But I don't need something else to do that for me because I'm not a fat lazy ****.

wait till you get the self driving cars with no steering wheels, in not too distant future.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wait till you get the self driving cars with no steering wheels, in not too distant future.
Without steering wheels... ages and ages away. With steering wheels aren’t even here yet.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Without steering wheels... ages and ages away. With steering wheels aren’t even here yet.
Hold on... so you're saying that without steering wheels are ages away, and with steering wheels aren't even here yet... as opposed to what exactly? We do have self driving cars today.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hold on... so you're saying that without steering wheels are ages away, and with steering wheels aren't even here yet... as opposed to what exactly? We do have self driving cars today.
Self driving cars are not near ready for consumer use. Only assisted driving is somewhat “close” to consumer use, but that’s boring

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Self driving cars are not near ready for consumer use. Only assisted driving is somewhat “close” to consumer use, but that’s boring

my Passat drives it self when you put on cruise control.

In the tunnel or the highway it follows the car in front and as soon as the car it is following changes lane or veers off the lane , it beeps and starts to slow down giving driver the warning to take control of the wheel.

basically I take the hands of the wheel in the tunnel or on a highway in cruise control mode.

Also self driving cars will be here sooner than you think.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
my Passat drives it self when you put on cruise control.

In the tunnel or the highway it follows the car in front and as soon as the car it is following changes lane or veers off the lane , it beeps and starts to slow down giving driver the warning to take control of the wheel.

basically I take the hands of the wheel in the tunnel or on a highway in cruise control mode.

Also self driving cars will be here sooner than you think.
You call that self driving...... lol.