Good old $BW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well his performance today was a laugh. Nonu came on and did more than Sonny did all game in the space of 5 minutes.
That's a bit of an exaggeration mate. Sonny laid on a try and Nonu didn't. Nonu took the line on once, the rest he was just catching and passing. Sonny did make a couple of mistakes, one was a poor kick the other was an off load that went forward from the ruck. It wasn't for lack of trying.

The Kewis are an awesome side though, they have to be the best in the world at the moment.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a bit of an exaggeration mate. Sonny laid on a try and Nonu didn't. Nonu took the line on once, the rest he was just catching and passing. Sonny did make a couple of mistakes, one was a poor kick the other was an off load that went forward from the ruck. It wasn't for lack of trying.

The Kewis are an awesome side though, they have to be the best in the world at the moment.
He didn't really 'lay on a try', he was half heartedly tackled and got the ball away to Toeava who broke a few tackles and then got a great offload away to Gear. Sonny was involved though, sure.

However Nonu didn't just catch and pass, he came on and made a series of half breaks and looked a lot more dangerous than Sonny did.

And no, I'm not gauging Sonny on this one performance, I'm just saying he had a poor game (especially considering the hype) and Nonu was better.

I actually thought his (SBW's) kick was a good move and if there had've been more chasers something more than a scrum could have come of it.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't really 'lay on a try', he was half heartedly tackled and got the ball away to Toeava who broke a few tackles and then got a great offload away to Gear. Sonny was involved though, sure.

However Nonu didn't just catch and pass, he came on and made a series of half breaks and looked a lot more dangerous than Sonny did.

And no, I'm not gauging Sonny on this one performance, I'm just saying he had a poor game (especially considering the hype) and Nonu was better.

I actually thought his (SBW's) kick was a good move and if there had've been more chasers something more than a scrum could have come of it.
Sorry mate go watch it again. Nonu made 1 half a break and was involved in 1 back line move, the rest was just catch and pass.

He was not as dominant as you are making him out, others in the kewi team today deserve more praise.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry mate go watch it again. Nonu made 1 half a break and was involved in 1 back line move, the rest was just catch and pass.

He was not as dominant as you are making him out, others in the kewi team today deserve more praise.
I am comparing his performance and Sonny Bill's performance to each other. The other players in the team don't matter at all.

You do know what a half break is right? As in not a clean break?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Many critics say he has walked away from this tour as the superior number 12. After playing a super 15 campaign with some involvement from carter you think this combination will seal the deal for henry and co.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am comparing his performance and Sonny Bill's performance to each other. The other players in the team don't matter at all.

You do know what a half break is right? As in not a clean break?
I am doubting that you do. He didn't make any clean breaks unless you have been watching a different game.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Many critics say he has walked away from this tour as the superior number 12. After playing a super 15 campaign with some involvement from carter you think this combination will seal the deal for henry and co.
What critics? I've been listening to radio sport and most seem to think Nonu + Smith is still the number one combination. Sonny had one very good game and one poor game on this tour at 12, whereas Nonu was definitely not worse than that.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am doubting that you do. He didn't make any clean breaks unless you have been watching a different game.
I said he made a series of half breaks'. Never said anything about clean breaks.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said he made a series of half breaks'. Never said anything about clean breaks.
FMD you love arguing. you brought up the clean breaks, I said he only made 1 half break. are you going to argue about this endlessly.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FMD you love arguing. you brought up the clean breaks, I said he only made 1 half break. are you going to argue about this endlessly.
I do love arguing, you're right. The reason I 'brought up' clean breaks is because I wasn't sure what your definition of a half break was.

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what were you watching dude? It was a **** Shyte kick..;)

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what were you watching dude? It was a **** Shyte kick..;)
I was watching Wales v All Blacks at the Millenium Stadium. And like I said, if the chasers had've followed up better it might have been more than a scrum from the Lee Byrne knock on. And it's not like the scrum was a bad result anyway.

The kick was clever because it was into an awkward space and the Welsh player had to play at it, which he did and he knocked it on.

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was watching Wales v All Blacks at the Millenium Stadium. And like I said, if the chasers had've followed up better it might have been more than a scrum from the Lee Byrne knock on. And it's not like the scrum was a bad result anyway.

The kick was clever because it was into an awkward space and the Welsh player had to play at it, which he did and he knocked it on.

Nah mate it was a sh it kick..END OF STORY

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good counter argument. Now, please go away if you're not going to contribute anything valuable.

:hail: Sorry gladiator I keep forgetting your word is final and always 100 % correct.....Yeah right c ock:stroke:

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Books/Gladiator, hows it going ?

Another dominant performance from the great one, now forming an unstoppable partnership with the guy who was previously the best back in world rugby.

Your days are numbered, having regrets on the bet now ?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.