Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
There is chilli crab at KEK seafood

View attachment 93946

Don't know the price.

Won't be wearing the good clothes, as I know I will get it everywhere. lol

Thanks for the recommendations.
Good call - those hole in the wall eateries are often better (food wise and price) than the tourist traps at Clark Quay / Boat Quay (which are worth a walk through). Price is market so changes daily but those hole in the wall joints won’t apply the tourist tax too harshly. You’ll pay more than the locals but not crazily so. Just soak it up and enjoy it. Also it’s not all about Chinese food - try Little India too - great eating there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't recall the name of the poster, I think they're a Cowboys supporter who sometimes posts here. But she is/was living in Singapore. She'd be best for advice I'd think.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know about Little India. I got the worst food poising there a few years ago. Having said that, i should have avoided that curry that had probably been simmering in the same sauce for 6 years.
Don't be silly, it wasn't the simmering sauce, it was the saucepan that wasn't washed in years.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am expecting to pay about $90+ for the chili crab.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last time I went to Singapore over 10 years ago the exchange rate was $1 aus = $1.20 Singapore. Now it's $1 aus to .83 cents Singapore. :o

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Last time I went to Singapore over 10 years ago the exchange rate was $1 aus = $1.20 Singapore. Now it's $1 aus to .83 cents Singapore. :o
Asians don’t concern themselves with identity drama. Yes votes, LGBT and such.
Their attitude would be aborigines should shape up and gays should shut up.
I bring that up because what’s happening lately in the west is costing dollars and allowing the pack to catch up.

Don’t believe me ~ refer to Chinas leaked intelligence dossier on how to gain advantage over America

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not just the forex either - Singers is way more expensive than it once was - long gone is the ‘cheap’ holiday for Aussies. Still, it’s Tiger time :-).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh i went this time last year with the missus who is Singaporean, and i got about what its worth now for the money i converted. Makes a lot of things expensive in Singapore. They have some good markets for some stuff, and you can get really good value food everywhere. Public transport is excellent and cheap. Everything else is expensive. I find i barely buy anything there. Mostly eat. Food there is amazing. They have food courts called Food Republic that have many different nations foods and most are really good, and all are cheap. And the restaurants there are amazing, but not all are cheap. Best food i ate while there last time was a Korean restaurant in Tampines. Wasn't cheap but. So much better than any Korean ive had here though. Never seen so many good places to eat in one place before. It can be hard to decide.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Singapore is awesome, great food, I use to go quiet often for work.
You gotta go to Lau Pa Sat for the Hawkerfood.

And of course Jumbos for the Singapore chilli crab.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Singapore is awesome, great food, I use to go quiet often for work.
You gotta go to Lau Pa Sat for the Hawkerfood.

And of course Jumbos for the Singapore chilli crab.
This tour could be a good option if you are going alone @Gene Krupa .
"Join a small group and visit some of the city's most famous hawker markets, for a typical Singaporean dining experience. Then, enjoy a walk along the Singapore River, dotted with bars and nightlife venues, where you can party the night away."

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This tour could be a good option if you are going alone @Gene Krupa .
"Join a small group and visit some of the city's most famous hawker markets, for a typical Singaporean dining experience. Then, enjoy a walk along the Singapore River, dotted with bars and nightlife venues, where you can party the night away."
Thanks.

I will come back 20kg heavier, from eating all this food.

I am too old for nightclubs, though even when younger, I never went to them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Gene Krupa Apart from being Tiger time there’s the Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling - where it was invented more than a century ago.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
And then there is Geylang. Lots of cool stuff goes on there....

So I was told :innocent: