Give moses the leagues club

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I still don’t see it as a good thing. Parramatta although paid a lot have a top quality halfback that potentially can get them to the final and maybe even win it.

You say we basically dodged a bullet but we are still without a halfback and nowhere near a top 4 side. I prefer spend big on our spine and be competitive for the next 10 years…

look at the eels spine pretty decent.
They have had him for years and 0 premierships since the 80s. Moses is not the saviour at his price. Also not expecting top 4 yet. Better options will arise and not chew so much cap up

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the eels spine is exactly that. Pretty decent.

Not a premiership winner. They were closer with Mahoney. I watched Hodgson in trials and he looks like he’s finished for me.

I think we have a huge advantage at 9. I think a season at fullback and Crichton will show us he can be a serviceable fullback. Gutho first couple seasons at fullback wasn’t amazing either yet they persisted and he’s established himself as serviceable. He’s not elite like teddy or Tommy or papen etc in my opinion. I am fairly confident Crichton can get to that level.

Burton and brown both extremely talented and personally think burton will be better and the fact it’s his second season coming up will show more. Browns had a few more years and a far better spine and pack and backline !!!

Moses is the difference with Failgan being a anchor to us sucking. It’s his last year and while we missed moses I’m confident Gus has a plan and at 1.25mil a year we could throw that at Fucking hynes who’s better in my opinion!

I’m sure lots of options at that kinda $ and with the 650k we got left under cap im sure he will see us fix the 7!
I'm going to be more optimistic after Gus signs 1 marque middle (e.g. NAS) and another that's quality (e.g. Leniu). 7 tricky because not many options.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm going to be more optimistic after Gus signs 1 marque middle (e.g. NAS) and another that's quality (e.g. Leniu). 7 tricky because not many options.
Doubt we get nas. Storm or union

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Won’t happen.
Why? on 650k currently and obviously needs an upgrade. Storm cap tight with their spine. A marquee middle in today's cap is around that figure.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why? on 650k currently and obviously needs an upgrade. Storm cap tight with their spine. A marquee middle in today's cap is around that figure.
I don’t think he will get 850k in nrl personally. I love that he’s a big angry **** but I just don’t see that happening. I also just don’t see him leaving the storm unless it’s to union.

For the record I’d love him. I could be wrong. Just one of those won’t happen to me personally.

E.g suali. If he leaves the chooks it’s to union. Not us.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I said unless Gus in the Kenny Rogers “Gambler”, Bitchel is staying at Parrascum for cash and WILL NEVER WIN A COMP…Sucked in you sad half version of a Nathan Hindmarsh…

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not a lot off contract.

Flegler*
Guler*
Fifita
NAS
Leniu
E. Butcher - very little chance
Radley - almost no chance

* = not sure I'd want them, scraping bottom of the barrel.

I put together a list from what's "available" and if we miss out on NAS and Leniu it's going to be very interesting to see how we spend our salary cap (we literally have 2-3m to spend). We'd obviously love a halfback but none available unless someone like Keary becomes available early.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are crazy to drop out of the race for Moses
Obviously it became clear we were leverage rather than his preferred option. I wanted him too but tbh I think his preference was always to stay but to get a similarly high offer from the Eels. There probably just isn't enough good halves around ATM probably a bit to do with junior football and parental concerns around smaller players getting hurt and we're now seeing it come through at a NRL level.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a lot off contract.

Flegler*
Guler*
Fifita
NAS
Leniu
E. Butcher - very little chance
Radley - almost no chance

* = not sure I'd want them, scraping bottom of the barrel.

I put together a list from what's "available" and if we miss out on NAS and Leniu it's going to be very interesting to see how we spend our salary cap (we literally have 2-3m to spend). We'd obviously love a halfback but none available unless someone like Keary becomes available early.
radley already resigned with the chooks

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moses is not the answer, Burton needs an organiser he isn't an organising half, very few 5/8ths are. You probably have to go back to Thurston (who played the majority at 7 anyway) and Lockyer (who will be an immortal) to find a good 5/8 that is an organiser. It is why I've been saying for 2 years, forget everything if we don't get an organising halfback and a quality genuine fullback there is issues for years to come. We may have lucked out getting the Broncos bloke at halfback but we still need a fullback and before anyone says Crighton I'll just say this, I am far from convinced he's a FB, was horrible on Sat night there our of position all night long
True he has a bad game but you never know what Gus is doing….he can always put chrichton centre and give Xerri a crack

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People don’t understand that Gould doesn’t manage a cap like everyone else. He has a simple rule. Make sure strong juniors are constantly pouring through and only spend big money on players that can turn a game or do that clutch play that wins in the big moments. Game breakers can be any position on the field.

Mahoney is definitely one.
Kikau is definitely one.
Burton is definitely one.
TPJ can be one.
JAC is definitely one.
Crichton is definitely one.
Moses has occasionally been one but doesn’t usually do it without the team playing well already.

If you have good juniors coming through in all positions you may save big money on a spine player but have a big money Kikau that can open the game up with a huge solo play.

It’s different to the traditional Melbourne style where you spend big on the spine and fill the rest with fringe players.

People just need to get their heads around his style and forget the traditional rules.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
They have had him for years and 0 premierships since the 80s. Moses is not the saviour at his price. Also not expecting top 4 yet. Better options will arise and not chew so much cap up
But Moses doesn't need money (according to him).

Would u do it at $800k?

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone maxed out at parramatta see where it goes I see them finishing down the table.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People don’t understand that Gould doesn’t manage a cap like everyone else. He has a simple rule. Make sure strong juniors are constantly pouring through and only spend big money on players that can turn a game or do that clutch play that wins in the big moments. Game breakers can be any position on the field.

Mahoney is definitely one.
Kikau is definitely one.
Burton is definitely one.
TPJ can be one.
JAC is definitely one.
Crichton is definitely one.
Moses has occasionally been one but doesn’t usually do it without the team playing well already.

If you have good juniors coming through in all positions you may save big money on a spine player but have a big money Kikau that can open the game up with a huge solo play.

It’s different to the traditional Melbourne style where you spend big on the spine and fill the rest with fringe players.

People just need to get their heads around his style and forget the traditional rules.
Yeah but we still have 2-3m to spend, most of the juniors you speak of will be out the top 30 or on small contracts, e.g. Oloapu - would be on 200-300k. We have 2-3 positions which are a concern so you bring in marquees.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
History has proven that you need either an elite halfback or fullback to win a comp. They're our 2 biggest weaknesses. We need to sign an elite one at either position.