GF 2012: Dogs Vs Storm Live Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's one troll gone..

Bad luck to the Dogs.. those two penalties/bad calls that directly lead to tries hurt us. We had our chances but couldn't convert them.

But a meteoric rise for the Bulldogs from 2011 to 2012, and still something to be produ of given Hasler wasn't due here till next year. This game will better us as a club, and as supporters.

Win or lose, we are the better side...

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wright was hopeless. Keating was pretty poor. So many of our big guns went MIA! Storm were just so good! As close to perfect as u can be. As someone said, we had no plan b. Storm had us worked out from the start and nothing went our way. Oh well.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's one troll gone..

Bad luck to the Dogs.. those two penalties/bad calls that directly lead to tries hurt us. We had our chances but couldn't convert them.

But a meteoric rise for the Bulldogs from 2011 to 2012, and still something to be produ of given Hasler wasn't due here till next year. This game will better us as a club, and as supporters.

Win or lose, we are the better side...
Melbourne were the better side today.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Disappointed.

However all credit to Melbourne they were flawless.

With that said the refs were a joke with the ruck area allowing melbourne to slow the play without penalty.

TBH for me the boys exceeded all expectations i had for this year so the minor premiership and GF appearance was a massive bonus considering the K Moore years, we will only get better.

Dogz_supporter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wright was hopeless. Keating was pretty poor. So many of our big guns went MIA! Storm were just so good! As close to perfect as u can be. As someone said, we had no plan b. Storm had us worked out from the start and nothing went our way. Oh well.
Well, in the words of Will Smith regarding entrepreneurs:

"Dont have a plan B because it distracts from plan A"
Perhaps thats what happened today?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm too good and to stay in touch I was proud of the boys and their year.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
while the roll of the dice didnt favor the bulldogs, it has to be agreed that overall the storm were the better team, we had our chances to score points, we missed some tackles, facts are the storm have been there and know what grand final football is all about, given the lesson the team learnt tonight, it will greatly benifit them next time..................
well done the bulldogs you did us proud, im sure not many expected the dogs to make the top 4 let alone be in the grand final

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we could have scored at least 3 tries but the final pass or bounce of the ball went the other way, unlucky night, wish eastwood had played more minutes, we created more chances when he was on the field

Þo£ar ßêar ™

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we could have scored at least 3 tries but the final pass or bounce of the ball went the other way, unlucky night, wish eastwood had played more minutes, we created more chances when he was on the field
from the first 2 mins - it was kinda obvious how this game was gonna turn out. In saying that, the dogs didn't allow ANY points in the 2nd half... and the first half tries only came on the back of dogs errors. nervousness defiantly played a major part in the dogs loss, and experience played a major factor in the storms win. basically all week most experts were saying just this.
Over all the dogs had a great ! year and only fell short at the very last game. They be a much better team next year.

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is just the beginning for us.
I've to give some credit - the Storm's defence was Phenomenal tonight.
Des is only into his first year of re-building us - most of us expected a top 8 finish this year and maybe a premiership in year 2 & 3.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Keating , Reynolds , Wright and Big Kas didnt have their best games - but the Storm didnt give us an inch . Full credit to them , well done - but we will be back

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Keating , Reynolds , Wright and Big Kas didnt have their best games - but the Storm didnt give us an inch . Full credit to them , well done - but we will be back
We didn't get more than an inch in attack either. Storm had a very shallow 10m.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We didn't get more than an inch in attack either. Storm had a very shallow 10m.
And did not mark square - often having three defenders in the play the ball area. However, I don't think it was our night. The Storm were just too good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well in fairness you are playing an 100% owned News Limited club. Rules don't really apply as much to them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Stop being a butthurt Manly fan, Mr I.
I'm not.. I'd just for once in a season like to see a game ruled fairly in both directions.

With modern technology like the video ref, it astounds me that they can't see a ball going forward, or raked, or an entire defensive line in front of a ref, and advise the onfield ref.

We didn't play well, I acknowledge that. Storm played to win, and we looked flat and dull. But still, I'd have liked to have seen a game fairly officiated on both sides.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not.. I'd just for once in a season like to see a game ruled fairly in both directions.

With modern technology like the video ref, it astounds me that they can't see a ball going forward, or raked, or an entire defensive line in front of a ref, and advise the onfield ref.

We didn't play well, I acknowledge that. Storm played to win, and we looked flat and dull. But still, I'd have liked to have seen a game fairly officiated on both sides.
Dont forget that a couple calls went our way that should have gone to the Storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.