Gerard Sutton

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‘Black Friday’ did it for me. That game was one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen from the opening whistle. Ever since then he has just ‘made it up as he goes along’
One minute it’s a penalty or 6 again then the next it’s not.
Consistently will be ‘right there’ but wants to look at the grounding? I don’t understand why he and Klein are still first grade referees?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the problem is that they don't have anyone better. They're all pretty shit.

But it also comes down to the fact that we put every decision against us under the microscope. Errors are made all the time. We notice them when they happen against us.

South's get penalised, we say "good". Dogs get penalised, we watch it closely to see if the ref screwed up.

We're just looking for excuses. Sure there are bad calls but in the end we're losing because our team sucks.
Trouble is mate we all knew this would happen as soon as Sutton was named as ref.

We NEVER get a go like Souths did today, even when we were good.

Melbourne and Penrith would have struggled to win tonight under our circumstances.

The biggest play of the game was from the ref. He then made sure we hardly touched the ball for the next 25 minutes (first 10 of second half)

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been posted before but the “Suttons” are south’s fans. I don’t think Gerard will ever give us a leg up unless it’s to square up the penalty count and not make his bias even more obvious…over to you Barrett!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mind you, I also look at the things the ref misses. After our forward pass, the Bunnies did three forward passes from dummy half, and none picked up.
Consistency is what I want to see. Souths were offside enough times to be sin binned, but were rarely caught.
His penalties to souffs for ruck infringments came a few minutes after TPG was clearly infringed in the ruck and no penalty was given. Players should be able to expect consistency, and when the ref lets stuff happen in the ruck by the other team, they will assume they can do the same stuff. A good ref rules it the same for both teams.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
this motherfucker needs to be investigated asap
Investigated? Enlighten us Alzz.
How? What for?
Did you miss him tell Jackson that someone would go if we didn’t clean up our defence around the play the ball? So JMK gets sent, Souths score 3 tries in those 10 minutes, the tide of the game turns and that’s it. Should Sutton also be blamed for Naden’s terrible defensive read to let Johnstone score to go to 24-6? Take the blinkers off mate - we are awful and you need to stop blaming external factors for that reality.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How? What for?
Did you miss him tell Jackson that someone would go if we didn’t clean up our defence around the play the ball? So JMK gets sent, Souths score 3 tries in those 10 minutes, the tide of the game turns and that’s it. Should Sutton also be blamed for Naden’s terrible defensive read to let Johnstone score to go to 24-6? Take the blinkers off mate - we are awful and you need to stop blaming external factors for that reality.
The ref is a cheating ****... end of

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We made 100 more tackles that’s like 16 full sets ffs
We also couldn’t hold the ball.
Souths made 400+ metres more than us.
Terrible ball security = constant defence = use up the petrol = one way that ends.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How? What for?
Jmk was being held in the tackle mate. That was a very poor call from Sutton

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The funny thing is.. everybody knows that was a rubbish game. The game finished when the ref jumped in.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How? What for?
If JMK tried to release his arm he would have been pinged for stripping.