Gerard Sutton

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, we were in the first 20.
We can’t ‘take away’ Soufs points in hypotheticals because we conceded them.
Our heads dropped as soon as JMK went off.
That’s 60min of the game. As was just said in the presser - until we put together 80min not much is going to change. We need to stop blaming external factors and look at ourselves.
As fans we can, and this thread is proof that we knew what was going to happen, and it happened.

I'm not sure what you do about the players, that is why I'm not on the big bucks. At some level you'd have to think that there would be a useful way of helping them to at least be aware of likely bias, and give them strategies for dealing with it.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the problem is that they don't have anyone better. They're all pretty shit.

But it also comes down to the fact that we put every decision against us under the microscope. Errors are made all the time. We notice them when they happen against us.

South's get penalised, we say "good". Dogs get penalised, we watch it closely to see if the ref screwed up.

We're just looking for excuses. Sure there are bad calls but in the end we're losing because our team sucks.
Make no mistakes, I am far from excusing our stupid errors...
I also have no issues about penalties or six-agains if both team were treated fair and equal but Souffs got away with the same infringements, he also allowed them to incorrectly roll-play the ball continually allowing them to strangle the heads of our players without being penalised, then realising Souffs were still struggling he sin-binned JMK for the team's repeated offences making sure the noose was placed around our neck...
Game over !!!
Sadly the game has been over for Rugby League for many years.
Now It's called the National Rorts League.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's start a fucking petition on that change website for him not to go near the bulldogs

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And then we blame next week’s ref for the loss?

Fmd we played like shit the way the teams selected and the way we’re coached.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate 100% not arguing any of that. We are a very poorly coached.

What i am arguing is that JMK should not have been binned. He was being held in the tackle, souths milked it and and Sutton fell for it.
Sure, it was milked.
Everyone milks - we should too.
But when you’ve been warned repeatedly there’s only one way that’s going to go.

You’re bang on - we are poorly coached, so that’s exactly why we need to stop blaming others with this conspiracy crap and get our house in order. Overdue.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As fans we can, and this thread is proof that we knew what was going to happen, and it happened.

I'm not sure what you do about the players, that is why I'm not on the big bucks. At some level you'd have to think that there would be a useful way of helping them to at least be aware of likely bias, and give them strategies for dealing with it.
Sorry, I don’t buy the bias crap.
To me that’s a cop-out for ignoring that we are simply not good enough. Better teams don’t blame referees and the NRL and betting companies and everyone else. They make themselves better. When will we?

Reactions: TAS

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate it doesn’t matter. We were warned repeatedly to clean up our ruck infringements. Sutton clearly said someone would go if we didn’t. Jacko just admitted it in the presser. Our discipline is so poor and we’re gifting penalties, field position and ultimately wins because we can’t get our shot together. When are we going to stop blaming others for our own garbage?
I was at the game. It was a game of territory for the first 27 minutes and we were right in it despite a spate of 6 agains late in the count. The sin binning was a joke. Not even worth a penalty. The game was ruined right there. As a team we need to be able to defend our errors better but when we lose a middle defender 12 mins before halftime so a referee can put his stamp on the match and his opposite number scores two tries while he is off then we have a right to call bullshit. It ruined the game and Sutton should never have been given the appointment. Sutton is a blight on the game.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You need to wake up to yourself aha
Is that part of ‘The Great Awakening’??
Alzz, you’re a dope.
How much bullshit have you posted on this forum:

- Trump won
- Covid is fake
- Cancer cures exist but are ‘suppressed’
- Communism is coming to Australia

Give it a rest you goose :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was at the game. It was a game of territory for the first 27 minutes and we were right in it despite a spate of 6 agains late in the count. The sin binning was a joke. Not even worth a penalty. The game was ruined right there. As a team we need to be able to defend our errors better but when we lose a middle defender 12 mins before halftime so a referee can put his stamp on the match and his opposite number scores two tries while he is off then we have a right to call bullshit. It ruined the game and Sutton should never have been given the appointment. Sutton is a blight on the game.
I was there too.
Stop blaming the referee.
We are a poorly coached team with the talent that we should NOT be 1-5. End of.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No doubt we aren’t as well drilled as Souths but I’ll blame the referee when he has had a howler. If souths lost Cook 12 mins from halftime instead how do think it would have effected the result?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is that part of ‘The Great Awakening’??
Alzz, you’re a dope.
How much bullshit have you posted on this forum:

- Trump won
- Covid is fake
- Cancer cures exist but are ‘suppressed’
- Communism is coming to Australia

Give it a rest you goose :-).
Trump did win, covid is a bio weapon, there are many cures for cancer ie oil extracted from cannibas and communism is the next big question mark

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To me, he is just a bad ref, period. The 6 again calls in the lead-up to the ‘warning’ were pedantic. Why did he feel as though he needed to generate more speed into the contest? Why back himself into a corner so early by giving a ‘warning’. So frustrating. Souths gave away 2 six agains in a previous set and being pedantic you could easily have found a 3rd infringement (would have to assume they would have been ‘warned’ after one more and then who knows). This is where the frustrations of fans come into it. He just calls too many infringements and is just a bad ref. Not saying he is bias but we all now know that unconscious bias towards the better teams is a real thing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To me, he is just a bad ref, period. The 6 again calls in the lead-up to the ‘warning’ were pedantic. Why did he feel as though he needed to generate more speed into the contest? Why back himself into a corner so early by giving a ‘warning’. So frustrating. Souths gave away 2 six agains in a previous set and being pedantic you could easily have found a 3rd infringement (would have to assume they would have been ‘warned’ after one more and then who knows). This is where the frustrations of fans come into it. He just calls too many infringements and is just a bad ref. Not saying he is bias but we all now know that unconscious bias towards the better teams is a real thing.
The problem is that the calls were correct. The initial calls I mean. He warned us many times about slowing down the ruck and we ignored him and kept slowing down the ruck.

Sure, JMK's penalty was an incorrect call and wasn't a penalty, but the ref's have cracked down on slowing down the ruck this season and we still thought it would be a good tactic. Even Storm are getting penalised for slowing the ruck this season and they usually get away with everything.

But this goes back to coaching. If your entire team is constantly slowing the ruck and ignoring the referee warnings then there's only one place that tactic came from. The coach. Barrett would have told the boys to slow the ruck and it cost us more than any ref blunder.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know we may have lost despite the bias refereeing but even the commentators agreed it was a bit harsh for JMK (shouldn’t be playing anyway) to be sin binned.
There was a time in the second half and the tackle was allowed to go on until eventually Arrow finally was able to offload the ball, which allowed Souths to get us on the back foot.
At the end of the day people can say don’t blame the officiating but doesn’t mean we don’t get harshly treated.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know we may have lost despite the bias refereeing but even the commentators agreed it was a bit harsh for JMK (shouldn’t be playing anyway) to be sin binned.
There was a time in the second half and the tackle was allowed to go on until eventually Arrow finally was able to offload the ball, which allowed Souths to get us on the back foot.
At the end of the day people can say don’t blame the officiating but doesn’t mean we don’t get harshly treated.
You are a conspiracy theorist If you question it…

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Barrett’s press conference was very dissapointing. I was hoping for a Ricky like spray at the refs etc. Was very weak! Either he knows he is gone or knows his safe and has given up for this season.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Trump did win, covid is a bio weapon, there are many cures for cancer ie oil extracted from cannibas and communism is the next big question mark
The prosecution rests.
Shall I keep going?

- Biden’s fake plane
- Antifa staged the Capitol insurrection.

You’re a nutter.
Get off far right loon and sewer media, champ :-).
It’s unhealthy.