Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I work in the city and honestly I have not seen one advertisement or flag supporting either the yes or no side from Sydney city council
Bahahahaha

You are fucking kidding me right? If you honestly mean that then I can't continue talking to you because you are straight out lying and don't want to waste my time with you.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No I'm linking it to the **** rash mayor and the gay flags and vote yes everyone but don't see vote no ad.

And the yes advertising is paid and endorsed by SCC. Which is conditioning the sheep to vote yes.

You are all smart men, I can't believe you don't understand what I am talking about and quite frankly, you choose not to answer me because it goes against you agendas of pointing the finger at the side you don't agree with.

You guys would be calling Sydney Germany if the council had vote no flags everywhere.

I just hate and sick of this fucking biased agenda driven bullshit in this fucked up society.
No offence dude but again i don't think you are getting how the local government system works. The lord mayor is appointed by the councillors and the local councillors are voted in by the people.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bahahahaha

You are fucking kidding me right? If you honestly mean that then I can't continue talking to you because you are straight out lying and don't want to waste my time with you.
Get off at Wynyard and walk down George st

I honestly haven't seen anything either walking before or after work or at lunch.

Then again I'm not looking at ads , except of there's a barely clad chick on the side of a bus

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where are you seeing these? I work in the city and I haven't seen one
You haven't seen the gay flag and vote yes on those long skinny banners they have in the city that are owned by the SCC?

If you haven't I'll get my misses to take photos for you guys tomorrow.

I have seen them with my own eyes as I travel to St Vincent's nearly every week.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anyone????

Yeah, I knew this would be ignored...
Well, council staff (as opposed to elected representatives) are public service officials and councils should be independent by nature. Councils should really be non partisan and leave the promotion of candidates to the candidate or their various parties (or donors/ supporters if they are independent.)

Council' should be independent. Whether this is always the reality..... well I'll leave that to people to make up their own minds. I haven't worked a council round for ages and don't really pay attention to council campaigns outside my area. PR staff on councils seem to work very closely with mayors to the point of dlnost becomingbpersonal assistants once the mayor is elected. GMs should technically be independent but I think done are more partisan and body with their mayors than others.

Pretty simple tbh....

Is the city of Sydney allowed to ONLY promote one political candidate in an election? Can it ban one side of the election and back the other?
Do you mean candidates, or issues? If you're talking about Sydney City Council's decision to support ssm, the council would have had to take a vote in order to resolve to officially support the campaign. The mayor still has to run that by the council before it becomes the official position of the council. Sydney Coty Councillors overwhelmingly support ssm. It isn't just Clover.,the coungil's nist prominent Liberal councillor is gay snd veru nuch pro ssm too.

If you're talking about actual candidates, I'd have to ask for more info....how exactly was the council promoting the aforementioned candidate?

Last edited:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The city of Sydney is just one local government area, there is nothing stopping any other local government areas supporting the yes or no vote as they see fit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No offence dude but again i don't think you are getting how the local government system works. The lord mayor is appointed by the councillors and the local councillors are voted in by the people.
No you're not getting it. Those interchangeable banners don't have commercial advertising and only have messages from the SCC. They are changed to the gay flag with every second one saying VOTE YES.

Since they a council owned then they control them and back up what they put on them.

What's so hard to understand about that?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well, council staff (as opposed to elected representatives) are public service officials and councils should be independent by nature. Councils should really be non partisan and leave the promotion of candidates to the candidate or their various parties (or donors/ supporters if they are independent.)

Council' should be independent. Whether this is always the reality..... well I'll leave that to people up make up theor own minds. I haven't worked a council round for ages and don't really pay attention to council campaigns outside my area. PR staff on councils seem to work very closely

Do you mean candidates, or issues? If you're talking about Sydney City Council's decision to support ssm, the council would have had to take a vote in order to resolve to officially support the campaign. The mayor still has to run that by the council before it becomes the official position of the council. Sydney Coty Councillors overwhelmingly support ssm. It isn't just Clover.,the coungil's nist prominent Liberal councillor is gay snd veru nuch pro ssm too.

If you're talking about actual candidates, I'd have to ask for more info....how exactly was the council promoting the aforementioned candidate?
I'm asking can SCC promote Turnbull on their owned banners and stop Shorten advertising?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No you're not getting it. Those interchangeable banners don't have commercial advertising and only have messages from the SCC. They are changed to the gay flag with every second one saying VOTE YES.

Since they a council owned then they control them and back up what they put on them.

We understand that. We're saying the council voted and took that stance.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We understand that. We're saying the council voted and took that stance.
Is that fair? Would you guys sit on your hands like you guys are doing now if it was VOTE NO being promoted by the biggest most visual council in Australia?

You would be calling it Nazi Germany.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm asking can SCC promote Turnbull on their owned banners and stop Shorten advertising?
They're not comparable situations.

A year ago Marrickville council voted to boycott Israel (Which is fucking ridiculous), if people living in the electorate have a problem they can vote them out next election

Personally I'd be furious if my little council wasted their time voting on boycotting Israel.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I totally understand it dude and explained it, the people voted these councillors in. Maybe you local councillor supported this maybe they didn't, i don't know but obviously the majority of the elected councillors did support it. It's like getting up in arms because the state or federal party supports one side of the SSM argument

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that fair? Would you guys sit on your hands like you guys are doing now if it was VOTE NO being promoted by the biggest most visual council in Australia?

You would be calling it Nazi Germany.

The liberal party are in government. I hate a lot of the things they decide but I have to respect democratic institutions. They're treatment of asylum seekers is much more disgusting than deciding to put up a gay banner ffs. But yet I accept they're the government in power

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They're not comparable situations.

A year ago Marrickville council voted to boycott Israel (Which is fucking ridiculous), if people living in the electorate have a problem they can vote them out next election

Personally I'd be furious if my little council wasted their time voting on boycotting Israel.
It is comparable.

Turnbull or Shorten.
Yes or No.

Both politically driven so I fail to see how you think they aren't comparable.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The liberal party are in government. I hate a lot of the things they decide but I have to respect democratic institutions. They're treatment of asylum seekers is much more disgusting than deciding to put up a gay banner ffs. But yet I accept they're the government in power
Stop deflecting. I'm talking how is it fair for a council to indoctrinate the sheep to suit their agenda.

You know how I feel about governments so I don't have to repeat myself.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is comparable.

Turnbull or Shorten.
Yes or No.

Both politically driven so I fail to see how you think they aren't comparable.
Nope they're not

There's conflict of interest with the Turnbull/shorten example and I think there are laws against it

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stop deflecting. I'm talking how is it fair for a council to indoctrinate the sheep to suit their agenda.

You know how I feel about governments so I don't have to repeat myself.
Not deflecting. I'm saying THAT'S THE SYSTEM OF DEMOCRACY WE LIVE IN

You vote in council state and federal elections

Those elected ministers then vote on how they are going to run their council state or nation

You as an individual have the power to

• Vote
  • Protest
  • Contact your local minister/councillor

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I totally understand it dude and explained it, the people voted these councillors in. Maybe you local councillor supported this maybe they didn't, i don't know but obviously the majority of the elected councillors did support it. It's like getting up in arms because the state or federal party supports one side of the SSM argument
But that's what they are doing, supporting only the yes vote.

That's why I really want to no's to win Trump style. I love when the sheep lose their shit. Australia will be worse than us on here after a big loss lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not deflecting. I'm saying THAT'S THE SYSTEM OF DEMOCRACY WE LIVE IN

You vote in council state and federal elections

Those elected ministers then vote on how they are going to run their council state or nation

You as an individual have the power to

• Vote
  • Protest
  • Contact your local minister/councillor
I'm too smart to do any of those things, that's why I don't vote. Votes don't matter, they put in who they want. Voting is an illusion created to calm the sheep to make them think they matter.

I bet my left nut no matter what this POS plebiscite says, gay marriage will get passed because it suits their agenda better than not passing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.