Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big W wouldn't own the production, Big W would be buying from suppliers, from the cheapest supplier mind you, and this particular supplier doesn't have the word christmas on it.

I personally don't get the outrage, because it's a Christmas tree, I've grown up knowing it's a Christmas tree. The first time I saw the Lebanese flag as a kid I though what's a Christmas tree doing on it?
Big w have stopped the word being used in their shop period.
youre always looking for ways out when it's the other side it's pretty fucked up.

It's understandable you 'personally' don't get the outrage as I 'personally' don't get the outrage when people oppose your opinionated facts on SSM and the lgbtq community, or when a conservative talks about leaving marriage for male female couples.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big W are boycotting the word Christmas? LOL

If Big W were boycotting they wouldn't sell them in the lead up to Christmas, they be arses and sell them the week after Christmas
And lose millions in the process? You're an idiot. They're boycotting the word Christmas and anything remotely Christian about it, but they know obviously people will still shop

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Big w have stopped the word being used in their shop period.
youre always looking for ways out when it's the other side it's pretty fucked up.

It's understandable you 'personally' don't get the outrage as I 'personally' don't get the outrage when people oppose your opinionated facts on SSM and the lgbtq community, or when a conservative talks about leaving marriage for male female couples.
removed https://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/c/73/

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Big W wouldn't own the production, Big W would be buying from suppliers, from the cheapest supplier mind you, and this particular supplier doesn't have the word christmas on it.

I personally don't get the outrage, because it's a Christmas tree, I've grown up knowing it's a Christmas tree. The first time I saw the Lebanese flag as a kid I though what's a Christmas tree doing on it?
Well i guess they still advertise them online as christmas trees https://www.bigw.com.au/christmas/christmas-trees/c/7301/ .. so yeah, fuck knows lol

*Edit you beat me above haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't remember exactly what year but that dyke looking heifer **** mayor banned Christmas decorations in the city. Then the **** rashes approval rating dropped so it brang them back the following year. The **** tried to blame Jews and Muslims until spokespeople for both came out and said that is fine.
One interesting fact from early America was that for many years the Pilgrims banned Christmas and Easter. They did this because they believed the celebrations took away from God. Celebrating "Holy Days" suggested that most of the days in the year weren't Holy.

It was actually the Irish that convinced them to remove the Christmas ban.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is the city of Sydney allowed to ONLY promote one political candidate in an election?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One interesting fact from early America was that for many years the Pilgrims banned Christmas and Easter. They did this because they believed the celebrations took away from God. Celebrating "Holy Days" suggested that most of the days in the year weren't Holy.
That's a bit OTT. The reason why we celebrate those days are because they are the most important days. Doesn't mean we forget our Father the other days.

That's not like me acknowledging you for everyday except your birthday lol

PS I have some relatives that actually do that lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It was actually the Irish that convinced them to remove the Christmas ban.
Fucken drunkard Irish hahaha they're always drunk and want everything lol.
Wait the pilgrims were Protestants aye? And the Irish obviously catholic, are you insinuating Catholics ruined hristmas and Easter! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's a bit OTT. The reason why we celebrate those days are because they are the most important days. Doesn't mean we forget our Father the other days.

That's not like me acknowledging you for everyday except your birthday lol

PS I have some relatives that actually do that lol
Yeah I think youlll find the pilgrims were heavy duty Protestant.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's ridiculous if they have removed the word "christmas" for sensitivity purpose but no one actually knows this, the producer has to be asked

But it's also ridiculous if people are offended that the word has been removed, I mean FFS those plastic trees are synonymous with Christmas. What else would they mean?
Exactly the reason they should be labelled as what they are- Christmas trees. Whatever the reasons, it's a stupid move and I can see why people are annoyed by it......and I can't see any reason they would take the word Christmas off a clearly Christmas related product for any reason other than over sensitivity....it can't have been to save printing costs as all the new range trees seem to have longer names now. I think we should just leave Christmas and Christmas products and decorations alone. It's not a snowy pine tree, or a holiday tree or whatever, it's a Christmas tree. If there's no dispute over what it is, there should be no issue with correctly naming it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would you listen to someone who wears a belt on his hat? Lol
Lollll wtf I have never taken notice to that or asked myself why the fuck have belts on their hats. I'm too accepting without questioning. I declare from now on, I will be less accepting at first without questioning and getting the facts, if it pans out I will accept. lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly the reason they should be labelled as what they are- Christmas trees. Whatever the reasons, it's a stupid move and I can see why people are annoyed by it......and I can't see any reason they would take the word Christmas off a clearly Christmas related product for any reason other than over sensitivity....it can't have been to save printing costs as all the new range trees seem to have longer names now. I think we should just leave Christmas and Christmas products and decorations alone. It's not a snowy pine tree, or a holiday tree or whatever, it's a Christmas tree. If there's no dispute over what it is, there should be no issue with correctly naming it.
I Like how you've applied basic logic and haven't applied hypocrisy or double standards. You're able to still look at things objectively and see this is quite ridiculous. Especially if it's a Christmas tree then why the fuck not call it what it is lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you have Spar convenience stores in NSW? We have them quite a lot here in Brisbane, and their Logo seems to be appropriating the Christmas tree...

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This was tweeted by woolworths group (don't shoot the messenger here hahaha)

"We assure you that we’ll be wishing our customers a very Merry Christmas this year, and you’ll see this through our ads, store displays and products closer to this period. The Christmas Tree packaging doesn’t fully reflect the range of products that are available in Big W stores, including Christmas decorations, toys and gifts which are clearly labelled with the word ‘Christmas’ on the packaging. Thanks"

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not actually arguing that. I'm just saying I don't get the outrage over it. It's a Christmas tree everyone knows it's a Christmas tree.

If big w were "boycotting" Christmas then I'd expect they wouldn't stock up on Christmas trees, decorations, stars, angels, model stable senses , Santa clause etc

Status
Not open for further replies.