Gary Warburton 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was a few times he should of passed to his outside man, but it does not warrant a full blown attack on his performance.

C

chipandchase

Warburton busts his ass but people fail to see that because he has no poly tats. He works his ring off. He's not the flashiest player, but you can't have a team full of superstars unless you are Melbourne. Every team needs a player like him, but because we have ordinary attack, he gets slammed.

In saying that, I don't think we have the right balance in our forwards atm. We have too many defence orientated backrowers in Stagg, Warbs and Bobcat. We need at least one to have a bit of flair. Halatau was probably the man to do that but he has hardly been on the field all year. We need someone who can create something outwide and offload. **** you SBW!
i agree with what you are saying aggro does try hard, no one is disputing that, but he has no ball skills or can not create any opportunties for the men outside him.
the team is not balanced, you are correct. Ryan needs to play prop, not gordon. What a waste playing buddy there, he is faster than ryan and create more opportunities than ryan.
if we play ryan at prop we can then add some speed to the backrow in halatua, gordon and youth/speed in harrison.
we need to create more opportunities , we have no second phase play and Ennis has got to use his vision and not play around the rucks all game. He went the wrong way several times last night

a shifty 1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Warburton busts his ass but people fail to see that because he has no poly tats. He works his ring off. He's not the flashiest player, but you can't have a team full of superstars unless you are Melbourne. Every team needs a player like him, but because we have ordinary attack, he gets slammed.

In saying that, I don't think we have the right balance in our forwards atm. We have too many defence orientated backrowers in Stagg, Warbs and Bobcat. We need at least one to have a bit of flair. Halatau was probably the man to do that but he has hardly been on the field all year. We need someone who can create something outwide and offload. **** you SBW!
Paea, Gordon and Halatau are the ones who can really provide there.

Unfortunately they are the ones who probably cost us the most in that game. Poor handling, lack of match fitness and taking up valuable interchanges. That should change once they get some game time under their belts, but our season may be too far gone by then.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I have been critical of Warburton but yesterday was one of his better games and i thought he was our best.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you serious mate????????
i thought he was one of our best....

Mike B

Bargache +447
Reaction score
Warburton had a good game, in fact he was one of the best on the field , just needs to stop with giving away penalties.

a shifty 1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Danny Williams probably would have been a better option that having Paea, Gordon and Halatau all not fully fit. Unfortunately it sounds like he's out injured now.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Warburton had a blinder. I believe that was his best game in the blue and white

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh im a bit baffled by this thread too, i thought he had one of his best games, especially in the first half.

????

Scooby doooo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we should start a thread "our worst supporters". I would like top see any person making these comments play half as well as Warburton. lmao bl00dy 1diots.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopeless eh?

38 tackles
135 metres gained

filto666

Doginator
Reaction score
He done his Job and played as hard as he could, We cannot ask anything else from this guy and I really is a bit disrespectul for you to make a thread like this after he puts all the effort in.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Nuffbag had this thread pre-empted before the games even started by the looks of things...

and lol @ Grimaldi, Relf and Reardon ever offering anything in attack. Relf would make the occasional bust but the other two were inept attacking players their whole careers.

NuffSed

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nuffbag had this thread pre-empted before the games even started by the looks of things...

and lol @ Grimaldi, Relf and Reardon ever offering anything in attack. Relf would make the occasional bust but the other two were inept attacking players their whole careers.
I know that, that's why I mentioned them. For as bad as they were they're still better than Warburton.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually thought Waburton played alright yesturday.

If you want to talk about duds, Halatau was awful.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
First good game this year.

On season form so far, he wouldn't be in my top 17.

But congrats for a good performance in a losing team.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is f|_|cked .... hth

Some of the sh|tt3st supporters ever, band waggoner's from last year no doubt.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
warbs is ok
especially when you compare him to hmmm chris armit for instance,
now there is a total waste of spcae

Status
Not open for further replies.