Gary Warburton 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There were times where he was on the break and failed to find Idris or run the correct line to put his outside or inside man away.

I give him credit for being in the right time at the right place but a more skilled back rower would have definately made more of the situation.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
lol. warburton was one of our better players. thats how crap we were last friday.

C

chipandchase

there is no doubt he tries very hard, but for the balance of the team, we can not have stagg and aggrow playing together. then we have ryan and hodgson who do not offload.
we need some players with pace and ball skills who can offload.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our only try (Josh Morris) came on the back of some great work by Warbs - including an offload. I fail to understand why people prefer to either love or hate certain players rather than actually appreciating the game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every time we lose the finger pointing starts, we need to give some encouragement, there were a few dumb plays and opportunities go begging, lets hope they can rectify them, we didnt get beat 40-0.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our only try (Josh Morris) came on the back of some great work by Warbs - including an offload. I fail to understand why people prefer to either love or hate certain players rather than actually appreciating the game.
Thankyou very much someone has a brain

Luatootz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Partly because Idris has a tendency to cut back on the inside rather than staying on the straight line

There were times where he was on the break and failed to find Idris or run the correct line to put his outside or inside man away.

I give him credit for being in the right time at the right place but a more skilled back rower would have definately mad

e more of the situation.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
FK me dead - can mods delete threads based on 'stupidity?' or 'bias of opinion'?

I was at the match and thought, like many others, Warbs had a pretty solid game.

If I have any complaints, it would be that we are not creative enough in attack, which is a problem a lot of players in our team suffer from.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think its a disgrace that a thread with this title is allowed to run so long. Funny how mods are selective with thier moderating. Say something small about someone they like....thread deleted. Say ridiculous unfair rude horrible things about someone they dont care about and its on the front page all week. Get it together.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mods here wouldn't know how to lace up a pair of footy boots.... Nevertheless, the thread is spot on. This kid Warburton has been given more than a fair go. I think everyone can agree with that. And quite frankly he's not a first grader

TParis312

Waterboy
Reaction score
Have to agree...takes the hit ups but refuses to offload...and then gives away penalties in defense every game...give tim browne more time

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Have to agree...takes the hit ups but refuses to offload...and then gives away penalties in defense every game...give tim browne more time
3 penalties in 7 games. Yeah, good one.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no poly tatts brah

what would i know, i can't tie my bootlaces and my footy skill is ascertained through a keyboard? mad

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think its a disgrace that a thread with this title is allowed to run so long. Funny how mods are selective with thier moderating. Say something small about someone they like....thread deleted. Say ridiculous unfair rude horrible things about someone they dont care about and its on the front page all week. Get it together.
Mate this is The Kennel, this thread is flattering compared to some of the **** we delete that most people dont get a chance to see.

i think hes been told not to offload

couple years ago when i watched him he was offload central
lol

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
doesn't get alot of support from what i've noticed either mate. quite a few occasions we see him in position to offload and no one is there. a bit of a shame

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate this is The Kennel, this thread is flattering compared to some of the **** we delete that most people dont get a chance to see.
Yeah but this is still the garbage that surely we don't want the Kennel to be known for.

Having an opinion about how bad a player is is certainly fair enough but having a thread titled: "How useless is Warburton?" on a Bulldog supporter forum is embarassing IMO. Especially considering that while Warburton isn't great, he certainly is nowhere near as bad or as to blame as he's made out to be.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but this is still the garbage that surely we don't want the Kennel to be known for.

Having an opinion about how bad a player is is certainly fair enough but having a thread titled: "How useless is Warburton?" on a Bulldog supporter forum is embarassing IMO. Especially considering that while Warburton isn't great, he certainly is nowhere near as bad or as to blame as he's made out to be.
Happy?

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score

x2 - Can't we just merge all threads into one big 'Hate Thread' and title it something a little less obvious, such as 'Constructive Criticism Thread'?

All these hate threads are the same sh*t anyway. Just replace the name and the team we lost against and the criticism is almost word for word. In fact, to help all the keyboard commentators, I'd be more than happy to make a list off commonly used phrases that can be accessed via the 'go advanced' option. For example:

"How useless is *Please Type Bulldog Player Here*?!"

"Wow, *Please Type Bulldog Player Here* got ripped apart by *Please Type Opposition Player Here*. If only *Please Type in Bulldogs Current Coach Here* Did his job, we would have at least crossed for ONE measly try!"

"Our squad is useless. If only we still had *Please select from the dropdown list: SBW, Thurston, Mason, Grimaldi, Utai, Sherwin, El Masri, Asotasi, Anasta, Eastwood* We'd be unbeatable!"

"If our whole team was made up of *Please Select from the dropdown list: Ben Barba, Ben Barba, Ben Barba* We wouldn't have these problems!"

There you go, now they can spend less time copying and pasting, and more time B*tching!

Status
Not open for further replies.