Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney was average.. Totally agree with your comment. He could eventually take Hoppa’s spot
Meaney made a great run from dummy half after a Cotric quick play the ball. Let's not forget how disjointed our attack was despite winning. I believe the Cotric and Meaney combination is worth persisting with given what the alternatives are ATM... I will never warm to DWZ his card is marked given his wage v output

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allen. Great start!

Don’t want to jump the gun but......

Allen, Avarillo, Flanagan, Deitz.........did someone say finals?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was involved and hand to handle, but he isn't a left centre...switch him to the right or play him on the wing.
Only problem with switching him to the right is can u imagine him defending next to Flannagan on a right to left spread... Hoppa had a nightmare .

He definitely needs time adjusting and someone to tell him to runs at holes not run around bumping people.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looked good in those highlights. Any chance of him starting at hooker though in the first game? I doubt it
There's plenty to like about Deitz .. but let's not forget it was 20min sample against what was largely a reserve grade side...

I want to see more of Deitz before I'm ready to declare him first choice hooker at the dogs..

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone think it was a tactic to play safe in first half and then turn it on in second half? Keeps our cards close to chest for new style of play. Nobody expects anything from us this year. Showing what we can do in trials could make teams expect it from us.

Just seemed like first half they were holding back on purpose. Second half we actually showed what was talked about with fast attack.

Might just be wishful thinking but it makes sense to me.
No not really... We had no forward pack and couldn't bend a line to save our lives or gain momentum... Once Sharks started to fade the dogs got back into it. If we had a full strength pack it would have been a silly score dogs way. Big things this year if Flannagan settles in.

nedloh50

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha

Your mum been telling you about the size of my brain again? Doesn't surprise me as she definitely wouldn't be talking about the size of my cock to you! That'd just be embarrassing :grinning: Though I guess you probably should've guessed by the way she was talking ... :grinning:
and then she said stay away from animals you are not a donkey

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only problem with switching him to the right is can u imagine him defending next to Flannagan on a right to left spread... Hoppa had a nightmare .

He definitely needs time adjusting and someone to tell him to runs at holes not run around bumping people.
The right edge is a disaster, all 4 of them seem to have defensive issue. Our other edge looked solid in defence.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Overall it was an average performance, we really lacked an X Factor like Averillo but Baz will work on particular things for Round 1.
* Atoni shits on Ogden, but I still didn't see enough support for a few of our props who might pop a ball.
* I thought there would've been more up-tempo multiple runners/options instead of 1 out running. It was too easy for their defense in 1st half.
* Some poor kicks from Flange, although he will get better. (I want to see more low, driving kicks into the corners instead of those high half-bombs)
* Let JMK and Katoa battle it out for dummy half and put Deitz on the bench. After a few games Barrett will put Deitz starting as he got pace & vision
* Cant wait to see RFM on left edge and put Elliot on the right (to help with the defense) or put Elliot in the middle and Jacko to defend on the right?
* Cotric is a great tackle buster, but where was the early ball? Would also like to have seen more sweeping plays with Allan but it will come.
* I know that Waddell made some bad errors, but I actually think he was just trying a little too hard, he has potential but had a shocker. I'm willing to give him & the Hoppa/DWZ right side another chance (but if they get torn to shreds again Baz will need to switch Cotric over with Hoppa or Shoupp)
Round 1 team:
1. Allan 2. DWZ (sigh) 3. Sloppa 4. Cotric 5. Meaney 6. Averillo 7. Flange 8. Atoni 9. Katoa/JMK 10. Hetherington 11. RFM 12. Elliot 13. Jacko 14. Ogden 15. Deitz 16. Napa 17. Chris Smith 18th man Waddell

Reactions: ATT