Game of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
Before all of the angry darlings start wanting stab eachother (I'm probably too late!!) because we lost. I'd just like to touch on the quality of that game as a whole. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant game to watch and as far as I'm concerned, definitely the best game of the season so far from any teams.

If it wasn't for a couple of inexperienced errors from our mob and the fact Matai broke one of our best defenders jaws and Holdsworth can't tackle, things might have been a little bit different.

Also, if anyone can possibly want to bag Anthony Watmough after that performance, you are a moron.

Well done Dogs.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i will bag watmough though

"we were under the pump that whole second half, but we came through"

ffs you were parked in our 20 all half:rolleyes:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Before all of the angry darlings start wanting stab eachother (I'm probably too late!!) because we lost. I'd just like to touch on the quality of that game as a whole. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant game to watch and as far as I'm concerned, definitely the best game of the season so far from any teams.

If it wasn't for a couple of inexperienced errors from our mob and the fact Matai broke one of our best defenders jaws and Holdsworth can't tackle, things might have been a little bit different.

Also, if anyone can possibly want to bag Anthony Watmough after that performance, you are a moron.

Well done Dogs.
agree x2 except i dont agree about watmough

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 2 teams defences were great but manly looked lost on attack,& the bulldogs ball work was abit off tonight!but still a great game 2 watch.

.PARANoIR.

I stole this off Charisma
Reaction score
agree x2 except i dont agree about watmough
Are you crazy? He looked dangerous every time he touched the ball. Yes he's a grub. Yes he talks ****, but he was awesome tonight.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i agree with the best game of the season

good hard stuff

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, edge of your seat stuff

A neutral fan wouldve enjoyed it. I was sh1tting bricks though

X

XxFoVoSxX

Mate that was a great game and i'm proud of our boys despite losing by 7 points.

Manly were dominating us non stop and the fact that our defence was rock solid shows how much character our team has.

I for one am proud of the boys and i dont care that we lost, very good effort. Next week will be hard for us with the loss of Ennis, Kimmorley and quite possibly Goodwin and Eastwood.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good game. We were very unlucky not to win. Alot of stupid errors on our behalf though. I dont know how manly get away with some of their grubbiness though.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine if we had Idris and Hannant there tbh...

We would've smashed them hard in defence...

Plus we had a 3 man bench for most of the game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a hard fought win by Manly. We made them earn their points, and earned a lot of respect for our goal line defence against a huge tackle count.

Had we been camped on the Manly line all the second half, I doubt the score would have been close.

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good game. We were very unlucky not to win. Alot of stupid errors on our behalf though. I dont know how manly get away with some of their grubbiness though.
they get away with it cause they r at home.... the crowd gets the better of the refs...thats what we lack at ANZ

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Poor tackles and drop balls dont = good game

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
most intense game this season but where was our attack?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manly have done us a "favour".
That was semi-final intensity and the guys handled it well in defence.
There was a lot to like about the effort, but a lot to learn about execution under pressure.

I'm sure the coaching staff will get a lot out of the performance, and make adjustments next time we play a BIG side like Manly.

bigbulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
great effort by the dogs their defense was excellent and they showed how tough they are but im just worried about the effect this game will have on the team. a game like that has got to take a lot out of a player and with origin, injuries and possible suspensions the next few weeks will be a big test of their depth. but we will still win the gf

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was one of the most exciting games of the year. Lots of great defence on our line, some big hits, spear tackles, a brawl. If we had won it would've been my favourite game of the year. Even though we lost, I'm not in a foul mood like I normally am after a loss. I enjoyed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.