Future of ANZ Stadium is under threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
According to fox sports, swans have just signed a 30 year deal with scg exclusively, so no more afl at Olympic stadium.
I wonder if this will have any effect over the proposed upgrades to ANZ Stadium. You would have to think it definitely would.

Enough to make the redevelopment plans turn into a permanent rectangle? I doubt it, but how great would be it if they did.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if this will have any effect over the proposed upgrades to ANZ Stadium. You would have to think it definitely would.

Enough to make the redevelopment plans turn into a permanent rectangle? I doubt it, but how great would be it if they did.
Nah, unfortunately there's still a lot of cricket matches played at ANZ and if the SCG is out of commissioned or there's a conflict with a test match then they'll move a random Swans game to ANZ.

With the Swans deal done I'd say there will be a good chance that the GWS Giants will start playing some games at ANZ.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't they spend a whole heap of cash next door at the show ground for the gayfl ???
Surely they can drop in a pitch and play big bash games out there too, ANZ is a horrible cricket ground ... the Showground is a better shape ...
Would be best to convert it to a full time rectangular field ....
However, they will always be stuck with the East and west stands being set to far back ... Best to build a better rectangular stadium in Liverpool =P

D

DoggyStylz

dude BSG would be lucky to hold 1/3 of the people the SCG can
I dont understand your question, so i will take a guess to answer

Sydney Swans Avg crowd attendance 2014 - 32,595

Bulldogs Avg crowd attendance 2014 - 15,425

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Australian_football_code_crowds#Attendances_by_team

Belmore Sports Ground holds 25,000 capacity, sure they can update the facilities to make all sweet and sexy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmore_Sports_Ground

For non finals games BSG is acceptable to hold large crowd numbers dude

Dimitri

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont understand your question, so i will take a guess to answer

Sydney Swans Avg crowd attendance 2014 - 32,595

Bulldogs Avg crowd attendance 2014 - 15,425

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Australian_football_code_crowds#Attendances_by_team

Belmore Sports Ground holds 25,000 capacity, sure they can update the facilities to make all sweet and sexy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmore_Sports_Ground

For non finals games BSG is acceptable to hold large crowd numbers dude
the grandstand holds about 7k and the hill about 8k

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any one that think Bulldogs could play games consistently at Belomore is dreaming. The dogs would lose money for every match played there.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any one that think Bulldogs could play games consistently at Belomore is dreaming. The dogs would lose money for every match played there.
Why would they lose money? They still get the crowds, and the TV money. And the cost of the stadium would be much less than ANZ.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would they lose money? They still get the crowds, and the TV money. And the cost of the stadium would be much less than ANZ.
Because they earn 200k plus the gate a game at homebush. Were example west tigers have to pay 90K to the council to turn the lights on then hope they get enough of a crowd to break even.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because they earn 200k plus the gate a game at homebush. Were example west tigers have to pay 90K to the council to turn the lights on then hope they get enough of a crowd to break even.
you are 100% correct . ANZ pays all the NRL clubs a large sum to turn up and play i thought it was around 110k a game .As well as the gate.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are 100% correct . ANZ pays all the NRL clubs a large sum to turn up and play i thought it was around 110k a game .As well as the gate.
The dogs are the original tenant part of the contract is they are unable to pay any other team more to play at ANZ without topping Canterbury original contract like south get 150k a game they have to dogs 200k

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Didn't they spend a whole heap of cash next door at the show ground for the gayfl ???
Surely they can drop in a pitch and play big bash games out there too, ANZ is a horrible cricket ground ... the Showground is a better shape ...
Half of Thunders home games this season will be there ...

D

DoggyStylz

Take a straw poll or hell even take a pepsi challenge to see how many fans would love to go to BSG or ANZ stadium to watch the dogs.....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, unfortunately there's still a lot of cricket matches played at ANZ and if the SCG is out of commissioned or there's a conflict with a test match then they'll move a random Swans game to ANZ.

With the Swans deal done I'd say there will be a good chance that the GWS Giants will start playing some games at ANZ.
Cricket and gws should just p!ss off to the show ground next door and stay there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What everyone else said about the dogs getting paid to play at ANZ. Imagine all the extra money the dogs would have to fork out to prepare a game at belmore compared to ANZ covering all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.