Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Seeing it on tv doesn't do it justice bro, it really is a huge bitch! Lol

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus it has a 72 foot tall, 160 foot wide HD TV which is cyrstal ****ing clear anywhere you look at it in the stadium.
I prefer university of Phoenix stadium.

and I was lucky enough about 5 years ago to have a bit of a poke around the big house. That place is bloody impressive.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ANZ doesn't have a great atmosphere for games with smaller crowds but it is easy to get to by public transport.

The key to the whole article is the fact that the govt can take back ANZ and build apartments, if there is money to be made by doing that then I expect that to be a real option.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I prefer university of Phoenix stadium.

and I was lucky enough about 5 years ago to have a bit of a poke around the big house. That place is bloody impressive.
That is nice but nothing like Cowboys Stadium.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I disagree and I have been in both. I only watched a game at cowboys stadium though.
I think my bro has been to Phoenix Stadium I few years back.

I have never been there but how is it better than AT&T? I can't imagine anything better.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my bro has been to Phoenix Stadium I few years back.

I have never been there but how is it better than AT&T? I can't imagine anything better.
I haven't seen a game at Phoenix, but I was lucky enough to be allowed to watch a training session there with Boise State two days before the 2010 Fiesta Bowl (still got some mad love for Kellen Moore who is one of the best dudes I have ever met), but my seat at cowboys stadium felt a lot further away than even the worst seats at Phoenix.

maybe my perception is just skewed because I was on the sideline at Phoenix. Hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I haven't seen a game at Phoenix, but I was lucky enough to be allowed to watch a training session there with Boise State two days before the 2010 Fiesta Bowl (still got some mad love for Kellen Moore who is one of the best dudes I have ever met), but my seat at cowboys stadium felt a lot further away than even the worst seats at Phoenix.

maybe my perception is just skewed because I was on the sideline at Phoenix. Hahaha
You think? Lol

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think? Lol
It wasn't at a game though hahaha I am trying to only judge the stadium!

ultimately I think that when a stadium gets too big the experience for every individual viewer gets worse.

Man you should have seen me at the big house, it's definitely not as good to watch from, but god it is an amazing structure, absolutely overwhelming. I loved my time with the wolverines, I am so jealous of my buddy who invited me haha we did the same advanced education course and he is working as a biomechanist who is at a different pro/college team every other week over there and I am studying at uni in Sydney! Hahahaha it's BS!

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lucky prick lol
Joys of studying areas in sports science hahahaha

Every day I wake up and wish it was me! But for some reason I let them talk me into focusing on Psych instead of something more useful! That's why I am doing a second degree now hahahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Joys of studying areas in sports science hahahaha

Every day I wake up and wish it was me! But for some reason I let them talk me into focusing on Psych instead of something more useful! That's why I am doing a second degree now hahahaha
Speaking of sports science, do you watch the show on One HD?

Really interesting. It's science, but fun lol

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of sports science, do you watch the show on One HD?

Really interesting. It's science, but fun lol
All science is fun!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fh_liyhIH8

im actually not a huge fan of the show tbh. If it's the same as the espn one. Mainly because I have seen how it actually works and it is actually more interesting than they make it look. Just in a different way.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
ANZ doesn't have a great atmosphere for games with smaller crowds but it is easy to get to by public transport.

The key to the whole article is the fact that the govt can take back ANZ and build apartments, if there is money to be made by doing that then I expect that to be a real option.
To do that they'd have to rezone, as currently it's all zoned commercial.

Not to mention that half the high rises in Homebush Bay (not Wentworth Point), remain vacant still.

shit investment is shit.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To do that they'd have to rezone, as currently it's all zoned commercial.

Not to mention that half the high rises in Homebush Bay (not Wentworth Point), remain vacant still.

shit investment is shit.
I say, buy ANZ and rename it "'KENNEL''

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't buy that dump! We need to get ourselves a suncorp clone
Overall, Suncorp is great, BUT it is really let down by their tiny "big" screens. They are less tan half the size they need to be. THat's what impresses me about Cowboys stadium (Dallas, not Townsville) - those massive screens.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find myself never really watching the screens tbh. I have never been in a seat where I need too look at the screen to see the action. I usually have had pretty good tickets when I go there though because I either have forked out for good origin tickets or I have been gifted free ones from people I know who get given tickets. The views from the corporate boxes are superb. Only ever been in one once but it was the best few hours ever hahaha they bring you food and drinks! It's amazing. Highly recommend it if you get the chance.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I find myself never really watching the screens tbh. I have never been in a seat where I need too look at the screen to see the action. I usually have had pretty good tickets when I go there though because I either have forked out for good origin tickets or I have been gifted free ones from people I know who get given tickets. The views from the corporate boxes are superb. Only ever been in one once but it was the best few hours ever hahaha they bring you food and drinks! It's amazing. Highly recommend it if you get the chance.
The screens are good for the replays - which is the only time I look at them.

View from corporate boxes are always superb. The feed food and grog of course is a nice bonus.

There is actually a little known car park UNDER ANZ stadium. Most boxes there get a spot, as well as team buses. It's awesome. Walk 20 metres from your car to the elevator that takes you straight to your box.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The screens are good for the replays - which is the only time I look at them.

View from corporate boxes are always superb. The feed food and grog of course is a nice bonus.

There is actually a little known car park UNDER ANZ stadium. Most boxes there get a spot, as well as team buses. It's awesome. Walk 20 metres from your car to the elevator that takes you straight to your box.
Thats amazing hahaha I had to catch a train in to suncorp my time in the box! Classy hey! Hahahaha

yeah I agree with that on the replays. But I have never really considered it a problem. My favourite stadium to watch at from regular seats is actually probably skilled park on the GC. It's a good little stadium. I would love for the bulldogs to get something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.