Future Looks Bright, Despite Idris Hurdle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Despite all of the criticism of the club's management and coaching staff over these past two weeks, they have done a tremendous job. Greenburg has locked in key players in key positions for the future.

1. Barba
3. Morris
6. Keating
7. Hodkinson
8.Tolman
9. Ennis

Have all been signed for long term deals. With this sort of spine we will always be a competitive.

Add to that impact players like Eastwood and Pritchard and we have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Criticising Moore after a 3-2 loss start to the season is ridiculous. No one on here prior to Round 1 expected us to win our first 3 games.

All of a sudden we lose back-to-back against the recent World Champions and a team coming off a loss with the best 1, 7 & 9 in the comp all playing in top form and threads start popping up all over the web about Moore's credibility.

With the Idris situation all tied up he will be free to play his role in the club for the rest of the year. If he plays this week expect a big one from him. Ennis likewise will be keen to show why he has committed to this wonderful club until 2014.

Get pumped up, we are in for a good season!

Get behind Moore, we don't want to turn into the Eels with a new coach every summer!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
good post............get behind the coach...the players......and most importantly our club...........get out to the ground on Friday nite........we will beat parra.......and we have been waiting a while for that!!!!!!!!!

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yay someone with a positive attitude, at last.

Gosh, too many dramaqueens here

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I like your optimism Aristidiz, but I wish I shared it. Sadly, we're making up the numbers this year. It's not the fact that we lost to the Dragons and the Storm, it is the way we lost. It is sad to see us play safety first footy and call up has-beens, and get dominated.

Idris is now a big black mark on the retention team and coaching staff. 3 years and he still can't tackle, no wonder he wanted to get out of the place.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
habib;2369982Idris is now a big black mark on the retention team and coaching staff. [U said:
3 years and he still can't tackle, no wonder he wanted to get out of the place[/U].
That says more about Idris than it does about the coaching staff, Stagg's technique hasn't gone down since he came to the club, and Lafai has been very solid since his debut.

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like your optimism Aristidiz, but I wish I shared it. Sadly, we're making up the numbers this year. It's not the fact that we lost to the Dragons and the Storm, it is the way we lost. It is sad to see us play safety first footy and call up has-beens, and get dominated.

Idris is now a big black mark on the retention team and coaching staff. 3 years and he still can't tackle, no wonder he wanted to get out of the place.
Are you serious? you are a fricken imbo

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score

Mate, i don't know what game you were watching but out on the stands in the middle of the pouring rain they were all digging in. The Dragons make a club with so many attacking weapons look pedestrian with their line speed. What sort of footy were you expecting in those sort of conditions?

Idris' defence has improved immensely, have a look at some games from 09. It's the fact that the media has built him up as if he is the best all-round centre in the game which has got you questioning our staff. He will be no better a defender for the next 5 years at the Titans, he simply doesn't not have the mentality to defend solidly for 80 minutes week in week out, but his attacking flair more than compensates for it. Which is why we have persisted with him.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Great thread mate, good positive energy

I still think they're is room for constructive criticism, because even though we could have won those two games .. the opposition looked too strong and TBH our team on paper is stronger

HOWEVER, we are a developing side, I said it before Rd 1 and I'll continue to say it ... you can't expect miracles after 5 rounds, we will get better and better

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I want to die.

I can't believe this is happening. Jamal is gone. NO NO NO!!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, i don't know what game you were watching but out on the stands in the middle of the pouring rain they were all digging in. The Dragons make a club with so many attacking weapons look pedestrian with their line speed. What sort of footy were you expecting in those sort of conditions?
We play slow and have no line speed. Not even in our victories did we have line speed and in every single game we got dominated by the opposition. If it wasn't for a few flashes of brilliance from Morris, Barba and Payne we would be sitting at 0-5, and maybe you won't share the same optimism. We're not that much different from last year, and back then the 60-14 victory gave us a similar false sense of security and optimism.

I don't rate Idris as an established centre in the game, but I'm certain he will be a talent in the future that we will rue to have let go. Money is a massive factor, but I am extremely pissed that we could not get his signature. Maybe he wasn't a priority for us and JMoz was. That could be a plausible answer. We're lucky the club is blessed with a ready made replacement in Lafai. Although he's not a local junior, it's been a very long time since we had someone step in from the lower grades and do such a splendid job.

I would like to see the club do well under any circumstance. I'm still unconvinced about Moore. I never understood his appointment to the job. The club spun it that they appointed Moore based on his merits, 12 year apprenticeship blah blah blah, but seriously, we only gave him the job because of his name. Winning lower grade comps with Thurston et al in your side and being an assistant to a sacked coach isn't exactly a glowing CV. Looking at our playing style and character as a team I don't see us building towards anything. Our team composition and chemistry is starting to look like a Melbourne Storm, but our in game tactics are totally different. A massive criticism of Folkes had nothing to do with results, but it had everything to do with being stuck in the past and his refusal to evolve. It looks to be a case of same old, same old.
Idris' defence has improved immensely, have a look at some games from 09. It's the fact that the media has built him up as if he is the best all-round centre in the game which has got you questioning our staff. He will be no better a defender for the next 5 years at the Titans, he simply doesn't not have the mentality to defend solidly for 80 minutes week in week out, but his attacking flair more than compensates for it. Which is why we have persisted with him.
Idris gives the illusion that he has improved in defence, but all thats happened is that he has improved his fitness and concentration levels. He still has some awful technical and decision-making issues that he needs to address. He needs more experience.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
We play slow and have no line speed. Not even in our victories did we have line speed and in every single game we got dominated by the opposition. If it wasn't for a few flashes of brilliance from Morris, Barba and Payne we would be sitting at 0-5, and maybe you won't share the same optimism. We're not that much different from last year, and back then the 60-14 victory gave us a similar false sense of security and optimism.

I don't rate Idris as an established centre in the game, but I'm certain he will be a talent in the future that we will rue to have let go. Money is a massive factor, but I am extremely pissed that we could not get his signature. Maybe he wasn't a priority for us and JMoz was. That could be a plausible answer. We're lucky the club is blessed with a ready made replacement in Lafai. Although he's not a local junior, it's been a very long time since we had someone step in from the lower grades and do such a splendid job.

I would like to see the club do well under any circumstance. I'm still unconvinced about Moore. I never understood his appointment to the job. The club spun it that they appointed Moore based on his merits, 12 year apprenticeship blah blah blah, but seriously, we only gave him the job because of his name. Winning lower grade comps with Thurston et al in your side and being an assistant to a sacked coach isn't exactly a glowing CV. Looking at our playing style and character as a team I don't see us building towards anything. Our team composition and chemistry is starting to look like a Melbourne Storm, but our in game tactics are totally different. A massive criticism of Folkes had nothing to do with results, but it had everything to do with being stuck in the past and his refusal to evolve. It looks to be a case of same old, same old.

Idris gives the illusion that he has improved in defence, but all thats happened is that he has improved his fitness and concentration levels. He still has some awful technical and decision-making issues that he needs to address. He needs more experience.
First post you've done in the last few days that actually makes abit of sense

Either way, we have to live with Moore at this stage ...

The talent is there to improve so lets not cut our wrists just yet

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score

Why are you so negative mate?

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
perhaps habib has pride in the team, and would like to see them reach the potential we all see?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
the problem with us is we've lost the edge the mojo the arrogance the swagger the irrisistable urge to punish and the art of football.

Corey Payne is the only true Bulldog out there atm with the way he plays,then comes Barba,Idris,Hodkinson and Ryan
I believe it does have something to do with the Coach. He accepts mediocrity and it has bred. Our forwards are pathetic bar Tolman who will develop further and Lafai is an immense talent who we should be stoked to have right now

Status
Not open for further replies.