Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, people are so desperate for a fullback signing they are seeing what they want to see... Some would see a bucket of piss and call it champagne at the moment.
I'm only saying the dude has some good footwork that is good to watch

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A lot of ppl here are setting themselves up for disappointment. My money is on no fb will be signed

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is very odd for a team mate to publicly put you down saying you aren't good enough for your desired position and that article makes it sound like Hoffman really wants out now.
It is very odd, unless it was anyone other than Hodges talking
Seriously though, to say that in the media really says alot.
There must be a bot of tension somewhere along the line with a few of the players.
I also read they are keen to punt Griffin
Anyone else notice that their club has gone to sh*t since Cullen left

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm only saying the dude has some good footwork that is good to watch
I read an article on Lee Mossop who had the chance to come to the dogs with Graham but he said no as he knew he was too young and needed to cut his teeth in SL first before contemplating NRL.
It seems wise and I think the same would have to apply to this bloke

Edit: I know nothing of him except his name and I am not going to watch a you tube clip of a 18 y.o to get excited about a solution to our FB issue.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
A lot of ppl here are setting themselves up for disappointment. My money is on no fb will be signed
You've always been Mr. Negativity, then your the 1st person to cream once we do sign someone, without mentioning you were the one who said we wouldn't sign anyone.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it. The Bulldogs would probably be better off waiting to see if Hoffman gets through the World Cup unscathed before they actually sign him.

Imagine signing a player now and then he happens to incure a serious injury.

I say let him get friendly with our boys while on tour and if he shines and comes out injury free, then the Doggies should make sure we entice him over with a sweet deal.

I think he has a lot of potential. He runs the ball back with gusto and would start our sets on the front foot. He runs a bit like Karmichael Hunt used to.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
The way I see it. The Bulldogs would probably be better off waiting to see if Hoffman gets through the World Cup unscathed before they actually sign him.

I say let him get friendly with our boys while on tour and if he shines and comes out injury free, then the Doggies should make sure we entice him over with a sweet deal.

I think he has a lot of potential. He runs the ball back with gusto and would start our sets on the front foot. He runs a bit like Karmichael Hunt used to.
We can't afford to wait anymore, if we do wait, not only do we miss out on a Fullback but we lose Morris the following year as well.

You can't have that attitude when signing players. "Oh let's wait until the end of the year in case he picks up a serious injury". Injuries are apart of every sport. You've simply gotta take that risk or you'll be signing nobody.

alz_274

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hi guys not sure if this has been discussed, but I bumped into Nathan Gardner fb for nsw cup sharks yesterday. long story short, I asked him if he thought about fullback spot for the dogs and he says he has spoken with them and he's left it up to his manager. I don't know about you guys, but after his performance in the nsw cup grand final id like to see him in a blue n white jumper...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

We can't afford to wait anymore, if we do wait, not only do we miss out on a Fullback but we lose Morris the following year as well.

You can't have that attitude when signing players. "Oh let's wait until the end of the year in case he picks up a serious injury". Injuries are apart of every sport. You've simply gotta take that risk or you'll be signing nobody.
I'd have to agree, you can't just afford to sit back and wait and see. Injury is apart of sports as what Sami said, and the fact that we could potentially lose Josh Morris, screwed twice.

BTW dude, whats up with your avatar? I feel like a pedophile every time i see it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW dude, whats up with your avatar? I feel like a pedophile every time i see it.
Yeah it is terrible, I am surprised you guys allow it tbh.

Lenny

Waterboy
Reaction score
I remember people creaming about the Aaron Groom vids on you tube. That turned out well! I am not saying we shouldn't sign him, to play first grade (even in England) at 18 says you have something. I am just saying don't get excited about a video where the guy side steps into a huge gap in 9's footy.
If Groom does anything of note in the World Cup the love affair may begin all over again

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am as eager as anyone and I understand the importance of securing a signature asap. I understand from what others have said is that we are holding off on an announcement until after the World Cup. I was looking for the positive in holding off. If we have agreed to terms or working out the final details then I believe the Dogs are playing it well. If he happens to succumb to injury then we still have money to throw at someone else.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it is terrible, I am surprised you guys allow it tbh.
What are you talking about?

It is a photo of Miley Cyrus and it was taken AFTER she turned 18..

It annoys me that some people find it their business to criticise something they know nothing about. That's disgraceful.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It annoys me that some people find it their business to criticise something they know nothing about. That's disgraceful.
She is a forever a kid with her current mind state...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't really care how old she is in the photo, she certainly doesn't look 18 in it.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

i loved Miley when she was 16!!!!!!! Still love her and her dirty tongue!!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its only logical to think that the individual(s) are currently involved in something important like maybe the Wrld cup or in some other situation?? All the players in question e.g Hoffman, Inglis, Locke,Foran are currently too busy to announce a switch and others like Ferguson are in no mans land.. We are guranteed to get one of the above being the Bulldogs so expect more than one signing i'd say... Dont forget were in the market for a Half, Winger and Fullback ;)

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its only logical to think that the individual(s) are currently involved in something important like maybe the Wrld cup or in some other situation?? All the players in question e.g Hoffman, Inglis, Locke are currently too busy to announce a switch and others like Ferguson are in no mans land.. We are guranteed to get one of the above being the Bulldogs so expect more than one signing i'd say... Dont forget were in the market for a Half, Winger and Fullback ;)
Inglis? When did he come into the picture for us?

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
hi guys not sure if this has been discussed, but I bumped into Nathan Gardner fb for nsw cup sharks yesterday. long story short, I asked him if he thought about fullback spot for the dogs and he says he has spoken with them and he's left it up to his manager. I don't know about you guys, but after his performance in the nsw cup grand final id like to see him in a blue n white jumper...

Didn't he re-sign with the sharks towards the end of the season?

Could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.