Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah mate I agree. I will have a problem cheering for someone that I know has done what he did.
I just hope the club see sense & it doesn't come to that. Time will tell
Raelene's in Perth on Friday. I'll ask her then

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the 8 stages of the barba release grieving process

1. shock and denial

2. pain and guilt

3. anger and bargaining

4. depression, reflection and loneliness

5. this thread

6. the upward turn

7. reconstruction and working through

8. acceptance and hope

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if it means some of us have different values of priorities in life but I would much rather wait another ten years to win a comp than to win with a team full of dickheads, sex offenders/drug users & guys that hit women. If you are that desperate to win a comp I think it's sad to be honest.
It's a 50/50 balance between winning and integrity. If you don't care about these things then maybe the 2014 bulldogs aren't a team for you.
I don't know much about O'Connor but from what I can understand he has behavioral issues & hasn't sexually assaulted a girl while high on coke & walking around a nightclub swigging a bottle of champagne like he's in underbelly or bashed the **** out of the mother of his kids, again while on cocaine. As if Ferguson won't **** up again & make our club look like idiots for signing him.
As for Des being some god that makes bad boys into saints well what happened with Barba???

To answer someone's question directed at me about signing Hoffman because he is the first player to come along well he isn't the first player to come along & at present we don't have a fullback.
It's such an important position & I like him as a player. Whether we sign him or not I guess we will have to wait & see what the club says or wait for more riddles
We lost Barba at a time when most others were signed
RL players have been doing these things and more forever. Johns,Meninga,M Johns,Thurston,Teo the list goes on. To say the 2014 Bulldogs aren't a team for people who don't share your view and have been supporting the Club for 30 years is stupid.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
was speaking to one of our camera girls at work, unbeknownst to me she films the dressing room images for channel 9.

Turns our little rat mate sat alone, with no one talking to him.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if it means some of us have different values of priorities in life but I would much rather wait another ten years to win a comp than to win with a team full of dickheads, sex offenders/drug users & guys that hit women.
Dude, we only had one dickhead. And I'd rather win a premiership every year its not desperation it's why we follow our team because we want to see them win the grand final. This rebuilding crap, we've been rebuilding for far to long we will end up like Canberra.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
RL players have been doing these things and more forever. Johns,Meninga,M Johns,Thurston,Teo the list goes on. To say the 2014 Bulldogs aren't a team for people who don't share your view and have been supporting the Club for 30 years is stupid.
It depends on what level of dickhead they are. Personally I'd take Johns (used drugs but it never came to light til after and it was never anything abusive), Thurston (what did Thurston do?), Meninga (dickhead but didn't really do anything wrong), Teo (cleared of all charges). I'd even take Carney 'cause he has fully redeemed himself.

I wouldn't take Robert Lui (admitted to assaulting girlfriend.. twice), and until Fergo is cleared of all charges and proves that he will not do anything stupid again, I wouldn't take him either.

Think of it this way. You are given a nuclear reactor. You can either have a reactor that has been repaired and will give you a solid output for a long time. Or you can have a reactor that has a higher output but is unstable and may blow up taking your season with it.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
how is this thread 108 pages? lol

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
was speaking to one of our camera girls at work, unbeknownst to me she films the dressing room images for channel 9.

Turns our little rat mate sat alone, with no one talking to him.
How long was this going on for?

Makes you think if he didnt get a long with most of the other boys, why was there always pictures of them on instagram mucking around...

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
It depends on what level of dickhead they are. Personally I'd take Johns (used drugs but it never came to light til after and it was never anything abusive), Thurston (what did Thurston do?), Meninga (dickhead but didn't really do anything wrong), Teo (cleared of all charges). I'd even take Carney 'cause he has fully redeemed himself.

I wouldn't take Robert Lui (admitted to assaulting girlfriend.. twice), and until Fergo is cleared of all charges and proves that he will not do anything stupid again, I wouldn't take him either.

Think of it this way. You are given a nuclear reactor. You can either have a reactor that has been repaired and will give you a solid output for a long time. Or you can have a reactor that has a higher output but is unstable and may blow up taking your season with it.
just because A Johns was from a different time i.e social media,open drinking culture etc don't think he was any different. Sitting in a pub with his pants off,Newy antics etc. Meninga had a rape charge hanging over him at one point, JT (I won't go into here).You seem to think that if it isn't proven in a court it never happened but that doesn't change anything realistically. If Fergo gets off his indecent assault charge did he not do it? strange logic imo only.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 8 stages of the barba release grieving process

1. shock and denial

2. pain and guilt

3. anger and bargaining

4. depression, reflection and loneliness

5. this thread

6. the upward turn

7. reconstruction and working through

8. acceptance and hope
Sounds like a star wars movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
just because A Johns was from a different time i.e social media,open drinking culture etc don't think he was any different. Sitting in a pub with his pants off,Newy antics etc. Meninga had a rape charge hanging over him at one point, JT (I won't go into here).You seem to think that if it isn't proven in a court it never happened but that doesn't change anything realistically. If Fergo gets off his indecent assault charge did he not do it? strange logic imo only.
I'm not saying he didn't do it, just that if the courts decide he didn't do it and there's nothing to prove that he did it then you have to fall in favour that maybe he didn't do it. On the other hand someone like Lui openly admitted to doing it.

If someone came out and accused the entire Bulldogs team of rape and assault (again) and they were cleared, should we still sack them all because of the accusation?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not saying he didn't do it, just that if the courts decide he didn't do it and there's nothing to prove that he did it then you have to fall in favour that maybe he didn't do it. On the other hand someone like Lui openly admitted to doing it.

If someone came out and accused the entire Bulldogs team of rape and assault (again) and they were cleared, should we still sack them all because of the accusation?
OJ Simpson

N

Natboy

You don't get it (as per usual) I am saying the current bulldogs do not want idiots at our club and for those pushing for us to get idiots again should maybe re-think things

Dude, we only had one dickhead. And I'd rather win a premiership every year its not desperation it's why we follow our team because we want to see them win the grand final. This rebuilding crap, we've been rebuilding for far to long we will end up like Canberra.
I'm talking about next year if we sign people like Ferguson and then keep signing dickheads mate

He did it 100% & I have been threatened with legal action about saying anymore about it and what I know so I won't elaborate.
As a lot of footy players (and other people with money) do, the victim may receive a payout and suddenly drop the charges or change her evidence but that doesn't change the fact he is scum and not wanted by the majority of bulldogs members I speak to
If only I could say what I want to say but hopefully justice prevails and our club aren't stupid enough to recruit this clown.
I know others will disagree with me but you are entitled to your opinions

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah I do get it. you don't want the Club to sign people who are dickheads and I don't care as long as they can play good footy. Get over yourself.

N

Natboy

yeah I do get it. you don't want the Club to sign people who are dickheads and I don't care as long as they can play good footy. Get over yourself.
Yep that's right, you got it. There's more to life and footy clubs than trophies

Status
Not open for further replies.