Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going to knotfest? still underwhelmed at the line up and the costs.. plus spent so much on shows recently (Blind guardian, Katatonia, Inflames and Kreator)... still undecided tho cause I love a day out with proper music.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone going to knotfest? still underwhelmed at the line up and the costs.. plus spent so much on shows recently (Blind guardian, Katatonia, Inflames and Kreator)... still undecided tho cause I love a day out with proper music.
Yeah, I'll be there. I was a bit iffy about it, but the bought a ticket as soon as they went on sale. Saw Phil Anselmo and the Illegals doing Pantera a while back and it was solid. Going to be worth it to see Pantera again, even without the full band.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone going to Black Dahlia Murder? Bit iffy since Trevor committed suicide, don’t think the show will be as good.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be there. I was a bit iffy about it, but the bought a ticket as soon as they went on sale. Saw Phil Anselmo and the Illegals doing Pantera a while back and it was solid. Going to be worth it to see Pantera again, even without the full band.
I'll be there,
Went last year also.
Little disappointed with the line-up to be honest this year but its a day out of heavy music so I'm there

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fkn love them bro!

PS I was supposed to go watch them live in Germany a few years back but doctors didn't let me travel.

Was supposed to with my cousin to watch Bayern play, watch them and visit some distant relatives that live there. I made him still go.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fkn love them bro!

PS I was supposed to go watch them live in Germany a few years back but doctors didn't let me travel.

Was supposed to with my cousin to watch Bayern play, watch them and visit some distant relatives that live there. I made him still go.
A right pity you were unable to go, or force the Doctor to travel with you, so you met their concerns.

They're an amazing group and would be an experience to see them live.
The gratuitous nature of the clip works well with the meaning of the song.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The line up for Knotfest was pretty average, but still worth it for this alone

View attachment 104851
It was pretty average
But I had an awesome day.
My daughter loves hailstorm so we made our way to the front of stage 2 early so she would be up front
And she got a guitar pick so she was super stoked.

Pantera.
What can I say, what a set list
It was like I hand picked it. Bloody awesome

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was pretty average
But I had an awesome day.
My daughter loves hailstorm so we made our way to the front of stage 2 early so she would be up front
And she got a guitar pick so she was super stoked.

Pantera.
What can I say, what a set list
It was like I hand picked it. Bloody awesome
I don't mind Halestorm, but that intro just annoyed me. If you want to amp the crowd up, you come on with your hardest hitting song. Instead, she sang a 5 minute solo audition for The Voice.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jealous. Would of been great. How were Phil's vocals?
Perfect. Honestly, I have been annoyed recently by the fact that some of the best can't hold up vocally any more. Bruce Dickinson struggles. Rob Halford can barely hold a note. But Phil sounded as good as day one. Which is surprising considering the near grindcore stuff he's being doing lately.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone going to indulge on the 20th Anniversary tour for Parkway Drive?

I'm unfortunately at work that week but the fact they are playing at the Entertainment Centre in Brisbane makes me kinda happy I'm away for it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone going to indulge on the 20th Anniversary tour for Parkway Drive?

I'm unfortunately at work that week but the fact they are playing at the Entertainment Centre in Brisbane makes me kinda happy I'm away for it.
Nah. Seen them live 6 times already. Kind of tempted but not a good enough line up to get me going. I like Ghost Inside, but iPrevail are pretty crap.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah. Seen them live 6 times already. Kind of tempted but not a good enough line up to get me going. I like Ghost Inside, but iPrevail are pretty crap.
I'm surprised I Prevail are even coming back especially since they did Meh Things in December. Tix are 140 Dorrah too. I'll save my pennies for BMTH next month and Knotfest nek year when Slipknot headline again

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Perfect. Honestly, I have been annoyed recently by the fact that some of the best can't hold up vocally any more. Bruce Dickinson struggles. Rob Halford can barely hold a note. But Phil sounded as good as day one. Which is surprising considering the near grindcore stuff he's being doing lately.
Yeah that's awesome. I would've thought his scream would've just about been gone these days, I will have to check out a few more clips of their recent shows. I saw them on the Far Beyond Driven and Reinventing The Steel tours back in the day, brilliant shows.