Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't why but I really like new In Flames

Wow... that's actually bloody impressive... Strange clip though.... battling inner demons perhaps?

They also dropped a second song from upcoming album.

Pretty good, but feels a little disjointed in it's melody. Maybe just takes a few listens to build on you though.

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Went to Good Things Festival yesterday. No real great bands but was a bit of fun. Drop Kick Murphys basically played about 3 songs I like and about 8 of their not so great songs. Offspring playing Smash in full then covering Whole Lotta Rosie was a definite highlight.

Felt sorry for Tonight Alive. Was watching them with the Mrs. At the end of their set the singer said, "we've got two songs left. For this one I was everyone to crowd surf to the front and give the security guys a high five or a hug"

First thing that popped in my mind is, "this won't end well". At the end of that song the singer looking down the front said, "is he OK. Oh. He's not OK", then the whole band raced off stage. Turns out one of the guards got kicked in the head then had a heart attack and died on the spot. The next band ended up only playing 10 minutes 'cause police and ambos were rushed through the crowd.

Poor guy.
I went to Good Things pretty much just to see BABYMETAL. They did not disappoint, the only disappointing thing was the timeslot they had, but oh well.

Missed out on any good merch as I rocked up at like 230pm. Guess that saved me some money. Apparently BABYMETAL stuff sold out like 30 mins after the gates opened. I really wanted one of those Good Things singlets, oh well.

I thought Dropkick Murphys were a tonne of fun, but I get you on the average songs they have. Stone Sour were easily the best production of the night, but that wasn't a surprise at all. The happy birthday song was really fun, I am glad everyone got into it. Kudos to the dudes behind me who started it.

The Offspring were way better than I expected. I was intending to leave after Smash finished, but ended up watching the whole set. The Rosie cover was fun, but Noodles is no Angus heh.

Fun event and I hope they do it again even if the NSW Government and Police want to do everything in their fucking power to kill events like this.

I totally missed the sad death of the security guard as I stayed far away from that stage. I heard the Tonight Alive singer was in a really bad way after that and I really do feel for her. I really hope she can move on and not blame herself. I know Chris the promoter told her it was not her fault which is great of him.

I thought it was a good test for Download, and I really hope Download invest in some mats because the dust was ridiculous.

Top 20 albums of the year, suck it nerds.

1. Tribulation - Down Below (Black/Death/Occult Rock; Sweden)
2. Khemmmis - Desolation (Doom Metal; U.S)
3. Ghost - Prequelle (Hard Rock; Sweden)
4. Alice In Chains - Rainier Fog (Heavy Metal/Hard Rock; U.S)
5. Primordial - Exile Among The Ruins (Celtic/Folk/Black Metal; Ireland)
6. Chapel Of Disease - ...And As We Have Seen The Storm, We Have Embraced The Eye (Death Metal; Germany)
7. Ihsahn - Ámr (Progressive Metal; Norway)
8. Tomb Mold - Manor of Infinite Forms (Death Metal; Canada)
9. Deathwhite - For A Black Tomorrow (Doom Metal; U.S)
10. Burial Invocation - Abiogenisis (Death Metal; Turkey)
11. Extremity - Coffin Birth (Death Metal; U.S)
12. The Damned - Evil Spirits (Punk/Hard Rock; England)
13.Hooded menace - Ossuarium Silhouettes Unhallowed (Death Doom; Finland)
14. Satan - Cruel Magic (Speed Metal/NWOBHM; England)
15. Spectral Wound - Infernal Decadence (Black Metal; Canada)
16. Uada - Cult Of A Dying Light (Black Metal; U.S)
17.Daron Malakian & Scars On Broadway - Dictator (Alternative Metal; U.S)
18. Riverside - Wasteland (Progressive Rock; Poland)
19. At The Gates - To Drink From The Night Itself (Melo Death; Sweden)
20. Ulthar - Cosmovore (Death Metal; U.S)
Sheesh I have listened to like 2 of these and they are the non metal ones. I think I am going soft. Clutch (along with AiC and Ghost) are up in my top album of the year. Did you not like Soulfly?I thought that album ruled.

PS good thing on ozbargain for metallers https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/424882

Forget Christmas carols, what you need this time of year is METAL

Follow the link, enter $0 and click purchase, then choose the download option. You need to enter an email address, and the download links are sent there (the link appears to be unique, otherwise I'd just post that).

The download options given are:

MP3 V0 - 312.6MB
MP3 320 - 371.8MB
FLAC - 1.1GB
AAC - 184MB
Ogg Vorbis - 209.7MB
ALAC - 1.1GB
WAV - 1.6GB
AIFF - 1.6GB

I'll update again with track listing once I have it.

Edit: track listing:

1. YOB - Original Face 07:03
  2. Windhand - Diablerie 05:20
  3. Myrkur - Juniper 03:38
  4. Author & Punisher - Nihil Strength 03:36
  5. Nothing - You Wind Me Up 03:59
  6. Pig Destroyer - The Torture Fields 02:55
  7. Devil Master - Obscene Charade 01:47
  8. Obscura - Diluvium 05:02
  9. Gruesome - A Waste of Life 06:00
  10. Outer Heaven - Bloodspire 04:15
  11. Gatecreeper - War Has Begun 03:33
  12. Mammoth Grinder - Superior Firepower 02:38
  13. Genocide Pact - Conquered and Disposed 04:37
  14. Skinless - Savagery 04:26
  15. ASG - Survive Sunrise 03:27
  16. Black Salvation - In a Casket’s Ride 07:03
  17. Zeke - Two Lane Blacktop 01:37
  18. S U R V I V E - Floating Cube 04:12
  19. Miracle - Light Mind 04:49
  20. Integrity - Scorched Earth 01:43
  21. Iron Reagan - Take the Fall 02:18
  22. ILSA - Hikkomori 06:14
  23. Wrong - Culminate 02:33
  24. Primitive Man - Naked 10:36
  25. Unearthly Trance - Mechanism Error 07:14
  26. Trappist - Victims of a Bomber Raid 01:38
  27. Cripple Bastards - Crimine contro l'immagine 01:44
  28. Satan’s Satyrs - Succubus 03:40
  29. Krieg - Circle of Guilt 05:20
  30. Full of Hell - Latched And Snared 01:52
  31. Monolord - Rust 05:39
  32. Cherubs - Donkey Suite 04:00
  33. Psywarfare - Au Régal Des Voraces 20:02

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to Good Things pretty much just to see BABYMETAL. They did not disappoint, the only disappointing thing was the timeslot they had, but oh well.

Missed out on any good merch as I rocked up at like 230pm. Guess that saved me some money. Apparently BABYMETAL stuff sold out like 30 mins after the gates opened. I really wanted one of those Good Things singlets, oh well.

I thought Dropkick Murphys were a tonne of fun, but I get you on the average songs they have. Stone Sour were easily the best production of the night, but that wasn't a surprise at all. The happy birthday song was really fun, I am glad everyone got into it. Kudos to the dudes behind me who started it.

The Offspring were way better than I expected. I was intending to leave after Smash finished, but ended up watching the whole set. The Rosie cover was fun, but Noodles is no Angus heh.

Fun event and I hope they do it again even if the NSW Government and Police want to do everything in their fucking power to kill events like this.

I totally missed the sad death of the security guard as I stayed far away from that stage. I heard the Tonight Alive singer was in a really bad way after that and I really do feel for her. I really hope she can move on and not blame herself. I know Chris the promoter told her it was not her fault which is great of him.

I thought it was a good test for Download, and I really hope Download invest in some mats because the dust was ridiculous.

Sheesh I have listened to like 2 of these and they are the non metal ones. I think I am going soft. Clutch (along with AiC and Ghost) are up in my top album of the year. Did you not like Soulfly?I thought that album ruled.

PS good thing on ozbargain for metallers https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/424882
Picked that album up yesterday. Threw a few dollars at them. I couldn't bring myself to do the $0 option. Some excellent tracks on it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alright. Here's my top 20 albums of the year

1) Amorphis - Queen of Time
2) Parkway drive - Reverence
3) Clutch - Book of Bad Decisions
4) Chthonic - Battlefields of Asura
5) Omnium Gatherum - The Burning Cold
6) Judas Priest - Firepower
7) A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant
8) Soulfly - Ritual
9) The Ocean - Phanerozoic I: Palaezoic
10) Between the Buried and Me - Atuomata 1 and 2 (technically two albums but I count them as one)
11) Zeal & Ardor - Stranger Fruit
12) All that Remains - Victim of the New Disease
13) Ghost - Prequelle
14) Revocation - The Outer Ones
15) Coheed and Cambria - The Unheavenly Creatures
16) Tribulation - Down Below
17) Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name
18) TesseracT - Sonder
19) Kobra and the Lotus - Prevail II
20) Epica - Epica vs Attack of Titan (EP but still worth putting in)

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never have been big on Soulfly, though the new album by all accounts is meant to be pretty good so I might get around to it. Hit me up with what type you're grooving to lately and I'll give you a couple of recs.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright. Here's my top 20 albums of the year

1) Amorphis - Queen of Time
2) Parkway drive - Reverence
3) Clutch - Book of Bad Decisions
4) Chthonic - Battlefields of Asura
5) Omnium Gatherum - The Burning Cold
6) Judas Priest - Firepower
7) A Perfect Circle - Eat the Elephant
8) Soulfly - Ritual
9) The Ocean - Phanerozoic I: Palaezoic
10) Between the Buried and Me - Atuomata 1 and 2 (technically two albums but I count them as one)
11) Zeal & Ardor - Stranger Fruit
12) All that Remains - Victim of the New Disease
13) Ghost - Prequelle
14) Revocation - The Outer Ones
15) Coheed and Cambria - The Unheavenly Creatures
16) Tribulation - Down Below
17) Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name
18) TesseracT - Sonder
19) Kobra and the Lotus - Prevail II
20) Epica - Epica vs Attack of Titan (EP but still worth putting in)
Clutch was a late scratching due to the unexpected awesomeness of that Chapel Of Disease album. Rivers of Nihil was a solid release too. Have not listened to the new Revo at all and they were one of my favourite bands a few years ago. Really, really need to get around to that new Judas Priest too. Zeal & ardour are that type of band that I want to like because I know that they're doing something really interesting but I just can't come around on them. Tribulation is 16 places too low :P

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Def leppard xmas song
Warning gayer than cum on a mustache
Probably the only time my wife would be happy I only lasted 30 seconds....

That was bloody horrible... it's even managed to be worse than this:

and this one ... well *pisses himself laughing at facial expressions of male singer* ...not sure if he's dumping a load or having a stroke.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side project for the guitarist from Lamb of God.

Except that Randy Blythe is singing on the track. Alissa White-Gluz too. Does sound very different to LOG though

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the only time my wife would be happy I only lasted 30 seconds....

That was bloody horrible... it's even managed to be worse than this:

and this one ... well *pisses himself laughing at facial expressions of male singer* ...not sure if he's dumping a load or having a stroke.

I fucking hate this thread sometimes.