SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Ignore the Menangle Markets kits.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Went to Good Things Festival yesterday. No real great bands but was a bit of fun. Drop Kick Murphys basically played about 3 songs I like and about 8 of their not so great songs. Offspring playing Smash in full then covering Whole Lotta Rosie was a definite highlight.

Felt sorry for Tonight Alive. Was watching them with the Mrs. At the end of their set the singer said, "we've got two songs left. For this one I was everyone to crowd surf to the front and give the security guys a high five or a hug"

First thing that popped in my mind is, "this won't end well". At the end of that song the singer looking down the front said, "is he OK. Oh. He's not OK", then the whole band raced off stage. Turns out one of the guards got kicked in the head then had a heart attack and died on the spot. The next band ended up only playing 10 minutes 'cause police and ambos were rushed through the crowd.

Poor guy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Went to Good Things Festival yesterday. No real great bands but was a bit of fun. Drop Kick Murphys basically played about 3 songs I like and about 8 of their not so great songs. Offspring playing Smash in full then covering Whole Lotta Rosie was a definite highlight.

Felt sorry for Tonight Alive. Was watching them with the Mrs. At the end of their set the singer said, "we've got two songs left. For this one I was everyone to crowd surf to the front and give the security guys a high five or a hug"

First thing that popped in my mind is, "this won't end well". At the end of that song the singer looking down the front said, "is he OK. Oh. He's not OK", then the whole band raced off stage. Turns out one of the guards got kicked in the head then had a heart attack and died on the spot. The next band ended up only playing 10 minutes 'cause police and ambos were rushed through the crowd.

Poor guy.
Read that this morning on Music Feeds. 45 yr old guy who'd apparently done security for them for many events/years.

When I first read it I thought maybe heat stroke bringing on a heart attack.

How were StoneSour and Bullet?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Read that this morning on Music Feeds. 45 yr old guy who'd apparently done security for them for many events/years.

When I first read it I thought maybe heat stroke bringing on a heart attack.

How were StoneSour and Bullet?
Skipped Bullet. Have no real interest in them and the Mrs wanted or watch Tonight Alive at that time.

Stone Sour were honestly the best band on the day. Phenomenal live. It was Corey Taylor's b'day too. I know 'cause he mentioned it about 30 times.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Skipped Bullet. Have no real interest in them and the Mrs wanted or watch Tonight Alive at that time.

Stone Sour were honestly the best band on the day. Phenomenal live. It was Corey Taylor's b'day too. I know 'cause he mentioned it about 30 times.
Ahh fair enough didn't realise they had multiple stages.

Seen SS a few times now and they always put on a good show. Big Top Luna Park many moons back was an amazing show... first time I saw them live.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh fair enough didn't realise they had multiple stages.

Seen SS a few times now and they always put on a good show. Big Top Luna Park many moons back was an amazing show... first time I saw them live.
Was pretty entertaining. Loved it while playing Bother he stopped and did the, "are you ready kids.... Nah, we're not doing that. Screw you all, it's my birthday"

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 20 albums of the year, suck it nerds.

1. Tribulation - Down Below (Black/Death/Occult Rock; Sweden)
2. Khemmmis - Desolation (Doom Metal; U.S)
3. Ghost - Prequelle (Hard Rock; Sweden)
4. Alice In Chains - Rainier Fog (Heavy Metal/Hard Rock; U.S)
5. Primordial - Exile Among The Ruins (Celtic/Folk/Black Metal; Ireland)
6. Chapel Of Disease - ...And As We Have Seen The Storm, We Have Embraced The Eye (Death Metal; Germany)
7. Ihsahn - Ámr (Progressive Metal; Norway)
8. Tomb Mold - Manor of Infinite Forms (Death Metal; Canada)
9. Deathwhite - For A Black Tomorrow (Doom Metal; U.S)
10. Burial Invocation - Abiogenisis (Death Metal; Turkey)
11. Extremity - Coffin Birth (Death Metal; U.S)
12. The Damned - Evil Spirits (Punk/Hard Rock; England)
13.Hooded menace - Ossuarium Silhouettes Unhallowed (Death Doom; Finland)
14. Satan - Cruel Magic (Speed Metal/NWOBHM; England)
15. Spectral Wound - Infernal Decadence (Black Metal; Canada)
16. Uada - Cult Of A Dying Light (Black Metal; U.S)
17.Daron Malakian & Scars On Broadway - Dictator (Alternative Metal; U.S)
18. Riverside - Wasteland (Progressive Rock; Poland)
19. At The Gates - To Drink From The Night Itself (Melo Death; Sweden)
20. Ulthar - Cosmovore (Death Metal; U.S)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No Judas Priest, No Amorphis... pass

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new Unearth album... Got it, haven't listened to it yet, but *apparently* it's mindblowing.