Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW! So Matt Heafy (Trivium) and his wife are expecting their first children (twins). He's touring at the moment in Canada/USA with Avattar and Light the Torch and got called suddenly to head home. So he's left the tour and Trivium's tour will continue with the following lineup:

Paolo and Corey on backing /part lead vocals.
Guest lead vocals by Howard Jones.
Guest lead vocals by Johannes Eckerstrom from Avatar.
Guest guitar work from Jared Dines.

Impressive for Howard and Johnannes to back up their performances each night by covering shared Trivium vocals.

Audio a bit *meh* (needs to be soundboard but Matt has already said they won't distribute direct feed audio due to potential for bootlegs/sales/theft of audio)... but okay I guess ... camera needs an external microphone though.

Apparently they are going to try and release live audio/streams of each concert on the tour (where possible).
That's like buying tickets for an economy flight then finding out you got upgraded to first class.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I must admit most of my fav albums this year have not been metal (Clutch, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Ghost) but I am just catching up with the latest Soulfly album... and whoa! This is some really good stuff.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I must admit most of my fav albums this year have not been metal (Clutch, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Ghost) but I am just catching up with the latest Soulfly album... and whoa! This is some really good stuff.

How good is the new Soulfly album. I love it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, Parkway Drive was fucking awesome last Friday. Unfortunately I got tied up at work and missed Killswitch Engage bur I'm going to see KSE tonight.

Parkway we're awesome but it was short. Their set went for about 1 hour. Still it was great. They had a string quartet playing along with some of the songs and the drummer was on a rotating platform

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Alright. I have a possibly fractured toe and a black eye but KSE was fucking awesome.

Some dickhead was doing windmills in the mosh. Took two hits before I decided to flatten him. Yet everyone acted like I did the wrong thing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Alright. I have a possibly fractured toe and a black eye but KSE was fucking awesome.

Some dickhead was doing windmills in the mosh. Took two hits before I decided to flatten him. Yet everyone acted like I did the wrong thing.
Ouch... hope you're okay man :(

Hence why I prefer seats at a concert. Almost had my jaw broken many moons ago at Faith No More when some dumb **** crowd surfed and I copped a steel cap to the side of the face.

Being like 170cm tall that tends to happen..

Plus mosh pits just piss me off and trigger my anxiety.... I prefer to stand back and enjoy a show.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ouch... hope you're okay man :(

Hence why I prefer seats at a concert. Almost had my jaw broken many moons ago at Faith No More when some dumb **** crowd surfed and I copped a steel cap to the side of the face.

Being like 170cm tall that tends to happen..

Plus mosh pits just piss me off and trigger my anxiety.... I prefer to stand back and enjoy a show.
The funny part is that after the toe first got smashed, every person in the mosh managed to step on it over and over again. Still stayed in though.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Had no idea KSE were out, but their last tour was so good I am not sure I need to see them again.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fuck crowd killers. Probably some fucking casual that doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. A dude tried that at Nails, he got sorted out quick smart.